High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Baby has cystic hygroma...

Hello. Just wanting to know if anyone else has gone through this and what was the outcome? How are you and baby?

We found out on Tuesday at our NT scan baby has a 20mm CH.
Super scared :(

Re: Baby has cystic hygroma...

• Options
    heedy07heedy07 member
    I am currently 36 weeks with a cystic hygroma baby. We found out at 10 weeks that there was a 13mm septated cystic hygroma and followed up with MFM at 12 weeks. They confirmed the diagnosis and actually measured the CH to be slightly larger. We had the Harmony test done and the chromosome results were normal and said it was a boy. Since then, I have had ultrasounds every 2 weeks and everything else has appeared normal. The CH *finally* resolved itself at about 33 weeks, so baby boy is still at very high risk for having other issues once he is born. Realistically, CH's are not known to have positive outcomes (our MFM doctor told us that he was not optimistic about our case at the beginning); however, there is always hope. Babycenter.com community has a great CH support group. Hugs and hang in there - I know how scary this diagnosis is :(
    K, born 05/06/10 B, born with a few surprises 07/20/11  

• Options
    lisarenlisaren member
    Your post brought years to my eyes. I've decided to put the termination on hold. I know this is the right thing to do.

I'm stalking you for updates from
    Now on!!!! Thank you thank you thank you.

And happy Mother's Day @heedy07‌ !!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    heedy07heedy07 member
    Did you find the other group I was talking about? There are quite a few active posters there and a thread that consists entirely of success stories. It's been extremely helpful for me to go there when I'm having a tough time.

Here's the link: https://community.babycenter.com/groups/a3219495/cystic_hygroma_support

• Options
    heedy07heedy07 member
    Never mind, I just saw your post over there :)

• Options
    lisarenlisaren member
    Yes ma'am! That place has been amazing!

• Options
    Good luck! My MFM gave me paperwork that showed 50% "normal" outcome after CH found. Then 25% demise and 25% with needs (kidney or heart problems, often correctable). Many will resolve before birth, some after. The research I did showed before ultrasounds probably most women never knew they had them.
    You can do bloodwork to check for chromosomal abnormalities. Ours was T21 and I lost her at 17 weeks. We told the docs termination wasnt an option, which may have let them be more optimistic.
    Good luck to you, I found some great support and info last year. It is not easy news, and there is still a lot of hope there!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lisarenlisaren member
    We found out baby had trisomy 18. We named his Brody Calvin. My heart is heavy. My soul feels broke. We choose to free Brody from any suffering on May 17, 2014.

• Options
    lizoklizok member
    so sorry for your loss.  i had a cystic hygroma last pregnancy.  the outcome was not good.  This too shall pass, just not yet.  hugs.
  • Options
    heedy07heedy07 member
    I am so, so sorry to hear your update on Brody. Hugs!

• Options
    Sorry for your loss. I was just diagnosed with a CH this week. I had one last year in December as well. It's so hard.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lisarenlisaren member
    Oh wow. Two ch @mrsdoodlebug‌

How are you feeling??

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"