Military Families

Fort Benning/Columbus OBs

Hey all. Just moved to Columbus at 30 weeks. Anyone have a good OB recommendation?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Fort Benning/Columbus OBs

• Welcome to Benning! No suggestions, as I was seen on post, but I delivered at Columbus Regional and the L&D nurses there were all absolutely fantastic. Good luck!
  • @LaurenS865‌ thanks for the info! I went into North Columbus Medical today and got a referral for one of their OBs. They made me take a Pregnancy test. They laughed about it. Oh TriCare.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • dwnsldedwnslde member
    I had to do a pregnancy test at Martin Army as well, I looked at the lady like she was crazy... She agreed it was nuts but said it's policy.
  • Looks like I'm delivering at Martin. I'm glad to hear that it's a great place. I've already had terrible experiences with reception and the phone operators, but the RNS and Medical staff seem really high quality and nice.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dwnslde‌ have you delivered there already? They assigned me to Dr. Beeken, who I haven't met yet.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • dwnsldedwnslde member
    I delivered my son there in 2011. I only saw midwives though, I can't remember the OB who was on rotation when I was in L&D but she was nice. 
  • I would have delivered at MACH, but my daughter had to come early due to HELLP syndrome. I spent about 2 hours in L&D at MACH before being transferred, and all the nurses were super sweet (and really good at keeping me calm, which was very necessary). I've only heard good things about delivering there. My OB was Dr. Mok.
  • It's good to hear all these positive reviews on MACH. I worked at a really nice hospital before moving out here and I kind of freaked out when I went to my first appointment at Martin. No parking, bare walls, kind of unfriendly reception... but none of that matters if the care is excellent. I was just spoiled.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"