Preemies
Options

Hey Ladies

It's been a while since I have been on TB but wanted to stop by to say hi and to announce that I was pregnant with baby #3. I am terrified since this is about 18 months after my 25.4 weeker. Any tips on how to make it through? Thanks
Trenton Elijah born three weeks early due to pre-e on April 14, 2011. Weighing 6lbs 6.3oz, 18 inches long.

Cameron Jacob (CJ) came early @ 25w4d on November 16, 2012 due to placenta abruption and incompetent cervix . Weighing 1lb 15.5oz, 14 inches long. 

Expecting a winter baby. Stay put LO!

Re: Hey Ladies

• Options
    No tips, but I wanted to say Congrats and Good Luck!!!

Beckett Rilee & Caitlyn Leigh born 9-21-13 @ 27w due to PPROM

• Options
    Thanks
    Trenton Elijah born three weeks early due to pre-e on April 14, 2011. Weighing 6lbs 6.3oz, 18 inches long.

Cameron Jacob (CJ) came early @ 25w4d on November 16, 2012 due to placenta abruption and incompetent cervix . Weighing 1lb 15.5oz, 14 inches long. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    KTZ17KTZ17 member
    No tips here either, but join the pregnant/TTC after a preemie check in! Best of luck to you! Your son is a cutie!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    Congrats and good luck!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    KTZ17 said:

No tips here either, but join the pregnant/TTC after a preemie check in! Best of luck to you! Your son is a cutie!

Definitely this!! Good luck!

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• Options
    kck329kck329 member

Congrats friend! If you haven't already, make an appointment with a Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor asap. They monitor high risk pregnancies which you most certainly qualify for after everything you went through with CJ. If I remember right, he came early because of PPROM right? They will come up with a plan for what is the best way to keep you pregnant.

I would ask about progesterone shots which have been proven to help keep preterm labor in check, the likelihood of bedrest so you can plan ahead for work and your boys, and if there are other medications they can put you on (blood pressure, antibiotics, etc depending on your history). Those things have made a huge difference for some of my friends. 

I just re-added you on FB (Cora deleted a bunch of my friends!) so if you need to talk, you know where to find me.

• Options
    KatFCoKatFCo member
    Hi and congratulations!
    I won't lie; having a pregnancy after a micro-preemie is scary. Keep in mind, now you know the possibility exists, your doctor will take extra care to monitor you. I had frequent shots and visits (including countless ultrasounds) and, even though I was anxious before every visit, the visits actually helped ease my mind. 

One thing that helped us was the realization that even if we had another preemie, we already knew what to expect in the NICU, so yes, it was still scary, but it wasn't unbearable. 

Do your best to take it easy. Listen to and trust your doctor and be prepared for any eventuality. If you can get help taking care of the kids sometimes, do it, because you'll likely need to rest more. I wasn't put on bed rest, but I was told to take it easy. Every afternoon, when I got home, I laid down on the couch. We even had a little kiddie folding table so DD and I could eat dinner together in the living room (DH worked nights). 

Take it one day at a time. Look at each day and week that passes as one more week with an inside baby. You can do it! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    flerlgirl said:
    Definitely this!! Good luck!
    I will most definitely join and thank you!

kck329 said:

Congrats friend! If you haven't already, make an appointment with a Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor asap. They monitor high risk pregnancies which you most certainly qualify for after everything you went through with CJ. If I remember right, he came early because of PPROM right? They will come up with a plan for what is the best way to keep you pregnant.

I would ask about progesterone shots which have been proven to help keep preterm labor in check, the likelihood of bedrest so you can plan ahead for work and your boys, and if there are other medications they can put you on (blood pressure, antibiotics, etc depending on your history). Those things have made a huge difference for some of my friends. 

I just re-added you on FB (Cora deleted a bunch of my friends!) so if you need to talk, you know where to find me.

Thank you. I had CJ due to IC and my placenta abrupting. I saw my pcp on Monday and she wants me to do the classic bloodwork and such and return back in a week. She called me to tell me she referred me to an OB and when I called today to make an appointment they said the soonest they had was June 4! (After minutes of me explaining I am high risk and the receptionist saying I can't determine that...at first she said June 30). I haven't had an ultrasound yet, the earliest I could be seen for that is June 3. I am just so nervous. It's difficult because I have to get all new providers. Do you think when I see my pcp again I should get her to get me in sooner? I just don't know what to do.

• Options
    Congrats and good luck!

KatFCo said:
    Hi and congratulations!
    I won't lie; having a pregnancy after a micro-preemie is scary. Keep in mind, now you know the possibility exists, your doctor will take extra care to monitor you. I had frequent shots and visits (including countless ultrasounds) and, even though I was anxious before every visit, the visits actually helped ease my mind. 

One thing that helped us was the realization that even if we had another preemie, we already knew what to expect in the NICU, so yes, it was still scary, but it wasn't unbearable. 

Do your best to take it easy. Listen to and trust your doctor and be prepared for any eventuality. If you can get help taking care of the kids sometimes, do it, because you'll likely need to rest more. I wasn't put on bed rest, but I was told to take it easy. Every afternoon, when I got home, I laid down on the couch. We even had a little kiddie folding table so DD and I could eat dinner together in the living room (DH worked nights). 

Take it one day at a time. Look at each day and week that passes as one more week with an inside baby. You can do it! 
    I think if I had another preemie I could do it, but I'd rather not. It's just so stressful already lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"