Blended Families

can I share a little mother's day joy early?

DS gave me my mother's day present this morning when I was eating muffins with him at daycare. It's one if those booklets where they answer all kinds of prompt questions about mommy... here are a couple of my favorites:

My mommy is pretty when she... is a little kid (she's tired of being a grown up).

I like it when my mommy... helps animals.

I love my mommy because... she is in my heart!

Oh goodness I had tears in front of everyone at the daycare this morning. So precious. Who could ask for more? How could I be any more blessed! I am so thankful to God who loves me enough to let me be this baby's mother.

Oh, and he wrote his name all by himself in the front. He is 4.5, but still had a whole year to go before he can start kindergarten. I'm just beaming!

Feel free to use this thread to share your own!

Re: can I share a little mother's day joy early?

• alb2411alb2411 member
    That's so sweet and I'm glad you got to have that experience! 

SS let it slip the other day that he made me a mother's day card at school. Even though I haven't seen it yet, it absolutely melts my heart to know that he thinks of me as a mother figure even though his BM is in the picture. I'd never take away her mommy role or actively overstep boundaries, but it makes me tear up a bit when he shows appreciation like this without outside prodding. 
  • My son got off the bus and shoved this piece of paper in my face yelling happy Mother's Day lol it was adorable, he made me a card in art and couldn't wait two days. Love him
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD made a present for me in art class. It is a paper mobile with all the reasons she loves me and a picture of me drawn in orange (orange is my favorite color). She worked so hard keeping that secret for the last 3 days lol. It was beautiful!
  • WahooWahoo member

I was grocery shopping with DD.  We passed a "Mother's Day" candy box and I said something like "Mother's day is coming up!  Don't forget!"  She thought I was specifically talking about the chocolate (which actually I would not ask for because I am trying to lose weight) and she INSISTED on having DH bring her back and buy the chocolate.  Of course, once I got the box of candy I ate more than I should have.

DS bought a pepper plant at school at the school's mother's day plant sale.  He was so proud "I bought you a plant - AND IT ONLY COST A DOLLAR!"  (the flowering plants were more expensive).  LOL I am raising a frugal boy.  But I'm going to need to train him for a girlfriend!

image "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"