Natural Birth
Options

What to wear..

Hello everyone!
I am having a home birth soon, due in June, and am wondering what kind of clothes to have around. I know at some point I will end up naked but for the laboring part I would like to be able to move around and go on walks, etc.

So do you have any suggestions of comfy clothes that are good to labor in? ie, able to move around, loose fitting, light weight since it will be summer but not expensive so I don't care if they get ruined?

Thanks!

Re: What to wear..

• Options
    Maybe a cheap skirt and a nursing tank?  
  • Options
    I'm having my baby at a hospital but I bought a cheap black nightgown at Target that is uber soft and comfortable.
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    rooftoprooftop member
    I just had a maxi dress from ross that I threw on whenever I wanted to get outta my room at the birthcenter. It fit me before and after having the baby

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I wore my husbands shirts, he's much taller than I am and they ended up being perfect! I didnt need to have bottoms on and was covered.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mb314mb314 member
    When are your due?  It was still in the 80s when I was giving birth to DS, and I just threw on a tank dress/beach cover up dress.  I was able to wear it without a bra, and it was comfortable.  I think a Maxi dress would accomplish the same thing. 

Whatever you wear, make it something you don't care if you ever wear again.  Not to be TMI, but I got poop on a nice robe that I have, and that was disappointing. 

• Options
    I wore a T-shirt, nursing bra and a skirt at home and when I went to the hospital. In the hospital I labored in the tub in my nursing bra.
  • Options
    jenn43jenn43 member
    I actually just wore the hospital gown and a sports bra- the gown was very easy to get on and off.  Plus I basically ended up naked for the second half of labor anyway.  Afterward I had comfy yoga pants and soft t-shirts, plus a nursing bra.  
  • Options
    I wore a short black spaghetti strap nightgown from target. Wearing the same thing next time, it was perfect.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you all for the advice! I think the maxi dress sounds like it might be the best option for me. I want something easy on, easy off and super comfy. Black is smart too. Hopefully I can find a cheap one somewhere!

And I didn't even think about what I will wear after the baby is born.. I will definitely have to make sure I have my yoga pants out.
  • Options
    I think Im going to wear a comfy fold over skirt with a tshirt and/or a bathing suit tank if I want something on top when I get in the tub. I figure that's a great way for easy access for any necessary monitoring, comfy, and looks cute in pictures. (I'm birthing in a hospital)
    href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33e2da" rel="nofollow">Chart

• Options
    I found a long, cheap cotton swim cover up at walmart for $7. I wore it for a little bit and then I just went naked for the rest of the time....i just didn't care anymore lol
  • Options
    Last June when DS was born I wore a sundress.  Or my birthday suit. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image image
         Big M 7/11/11
          Little M 6/16/2013
                    Angel baby 5/17/2014          
  • Options
    I'm planning a home birth for the end of July and was wondering about this also. I was thinking about a black jersey skirt with some type of workout or swim top. I'm extremely modest and I know that will go out the window at some point, but while laboring I thought this would be a good combo. As I could slip the skirt off to get in the tub, and the top could be left on, but would dry quickly:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"