May 2014 Moms
Options

HPV?

I know this is a very private subject but.....who cares at this point. Is anyone else struggling with HPV (low grade strand) durring their pregnancy? I am and I made an appointment back in December to ask what can be done about the bumps and the doctor told me nothing. They said they would burn them off right before delivery. Well when I was doing a NST today I asked about it again and the OB said I could put the cream on the bumps to get rid of them. Really?!?!?! I would have done that months ago if the other doctor didn't tell me there was nothing I could do during pregnancy. I'm so frustrated and so emotional that I just cried in the office. Now I only have three weeks till my due date to hopefully get rid of these aweful bumps. I feel so gross.

Re: HPV?

• Options
    I thank you very much for responding to my post so nicely. 10 years ago I had the HPV that caused cervical cell changes and I had the LEEP procedure done and then all was well with that. They have treated me as a high risk pregnancy for that reason because my cervix coul become incompetent....but that's not happening lol. I'll be 37 weeks on Saturday and there is zero changes in my cervix lol. I was worried about the warts because I was worried they would cause problems for the baby during a vaginal birth but in talking with this OB today it doesn't seem to be a problem. I just got so much conflicting information (from doctors) that I was really confused and upset. And yes I do think it is gross. It's hard to think of yourself as beautiful when you have a basketball for a belly let alone a couple warts down there. It's really messed with my sex life and made me feel gross. Any way it seems as if all will be normal after I deliver and there shouldn't be any problems during deliver. If anyone has heard otherwise...please let me know. Thank you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad to hear your LEEP is well behind you, and that you did not experience any cervical problems during pregnancy! I had no idea something like that could lead to such serious complications. And if it makes you feel any better, most of us are having non existent/laughable sex lives right now (see "eviction sex" thread for proof).

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Options
    Please try not to feel too gross about yourself. It's a medical condition beyond your control. I don't have any personal experience with it but we all have those things (especially right now) that gross us out about ourselves. If you want another mood lifter look for the (I think it's called) I'm sexy thread. It's probably a couple of pages back. We all mocked the gross things that we have going on right now.

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    hsalhsal member
    I've dealt with HPV for 10 years. I don't have the warts but lots of cervix issues and I've had multiple cysts and lumps removed. I was most scared that I would pass it on but I've had 2 beautiful healthy babies and had no extra concern from the Dr about having hpv.
  • Options
    I don't have personal experience, but just wanted to add a note saying not to feel bad about yourself over it. Men are often dormant carriers, and HPV is a disease that can spread even with condoms, which can then be dormant in you for years, so it's impossible to know who you got it from and when. I have had five friends and one of my sisters be diagnosed with different grades/forms of HPV, so unfortunately it is overwhelmingly common! Good luck to you!

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Options
    Thanks guys. I'll check out those threads for a mood lifter. It's good to know that the HPV isn't going to hurt my baby. I was scared and almost begging for a C-Section because I was so worried before. Next pregnancy I will know how to deal with this and be able to treat the warts as they come as oppose to trying to treat them now when there is more and they are larger. Live and learn I guess. I have so many things I want to do different next pregnancy lol.
  • Options
    Just wanted to chime in as someone who shares your sitch. I haven't had any in years, but randomly noticed one on my inner thigh a while ago and am pretty sure a few more cropped up since. My doc, too, said we would just address after delivery and was completely unconcerned. All the hormonal changes in pregnancy can just cause a flare up. It's nothing to worry about, I promise. Baby boy arrived two days ago without issue and is perfectly healthy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"