Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

No hugs or kisses, please!

Has anyone else been through this with a younger toddler? 

As a FTM, I expected around this age (14 months) for DS to be all snuggly, hugging and kissing. NOPE! He's a super sweet and silly boy, but the only time I can ever say "kiss?" without him fussing or squirming away from me is while rocking him at bedtime. Even when he cries and wants DH or I to pick him up, it's not like he snuggles in for us to make him feel better - he tries to wriggle away after a few seconds. I'm assuming this is normal, independent toddler behavior? He'll run up to us and hug our legs or run into our open arms, but it seems to be more of a game than a "hug". 

Just curious as to when I can expect to get some real-time cuddles from my active little guy!

Little T Born 2/26/13
TTC #2 since August 2014
BFP #2: 4/15/15 * EDD: 12/19/15 * MMC: 5/7/15
BFP #3: 7/23/15 * EDD: 3/29/16

Re: No hugs or kisses, please!

• Options
    That's normal. DS has always been very affectionate, DD really is only with me and DS. She'll give DH a quick hug and kiss goodnight, but that's it.

I've had to tell grandparents to leave it be if she says no.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    *LrCg**LrCg* member
    It may be his personality.  My 2nd child is like this- whenever we would try to hug and cuddle her, she would scream out "I'm stuck".  Even if she hurts herself, she doesn't want the fuss.  She's 4 now and it's still the same (DH & I joke that we look forward to that 1 day a year when she's sick because she'll actually snuggle then!!).  She shows her love in other ways and is very playful.  However, when she is in the mood for snuggles- it makes it that more special. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LSU628LSU628 member
    DS is very affectionate with DD and our sitter's daughter. He loves to hug and kiss DD and I think it's adorable. He randomly comes over to hug me so to me it's more sweet when he does it on his own accord rather than me asking. He will blow kisses to everyone but he definitely gives most of his loving to his sister.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I guess that's why they tell us to enjoy the newborn stage, before after that cuddling doesn't happen as often. I always feel bad, because he will give me tons of hugs and kisses but is much more hesitant with others. Even people he knows and loves, he still acts shy or refuses to do it. I don't ever ask for hugs or kisses at a particular time though, because kids tend to not do things when we ask so it's much easier to let them do it when they feel inclined. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DD is not a cuddle bug-- unless sleepy or sick.

She will hug and kiss when she deems acceptable. haha.

• Options
    T doesn't do them either. The only time he will let me be affectionate towards him is when he is tired, laying on my lap, and I tickle and rub his back while singing, "Itsy bitsy spider." I cherish that a lot.

He used to give kisses but that stopped a few months ago and has never officially hugged. I'm not too worried yet.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"