January 2014 Moms
Options

Nightlight?

MiaMyPuggleMiaMyPuggle member
edited May 2014 in January 2014 Moms
Do you use a nightlight in LO's room?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Nightlight? 116 votes

Yes.....so he/she doesn't get scared in the dark.
49% 57 votes
No....the darker the better.
50% 59 votes

Re: Nightlight?

• Options
    I do and did with DS, but now he wants it on for daytime naps and if it's not on, he's hysterical. I'd like to save energy and not use one and maybe she will not rely upon it until she's how old like DS, but then again, I don't want her to get up in the middle of the night in hysterics bc she can't see a thing.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I said yes, but its the turtle that shines stars on the ceiling. Not really a nightlight, but light enough his big sister isn't scared.
  • Options
    Nope. If I need light in the MOTN I turn on the night light feature of our baby monitor. I did the same with DS1.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    No. Pitch black for baby. Toddler has a dim one but mostly so he doesn't hurt himself if he gets out of bed (which he never does anyway-- knock on wood). For sleep quality I really think the darker the better.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    bee1916bee1916 member
    Yes, so I can see. The one I have is pretty dim. I use my iPad for white noise and the app I have is a white noise/"night light" combo, so that gives us enough soft light to see in his room.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Met & fell in love in '02 Married in '10
    Our first is in Heaven- we said goodbye in September 2012
  • Options
    I do but it's not because I don't want him to get scared, it's so I can see his damn pacifier when he wakes and fusses and wants it back in his mouth, ha ha!! They say that babies under 6 months don't get scared if they wake and it's dark.
  • Options
    Sgriff1Sgriff1 member
    Yea but we cosleep and it's more so I can see her when nursing etc...
    I actually used the night light feature on our Angel Care Monitor last night and it was surprisingly bright.

• Options

I said yes but more so I can see when I go in there during the MOTN. Abby doesn't care about lights or sounds (yet).

Samesies

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• Options
    Yes. A white scentsy pot.
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• Options
    amt0312amt0312 member
    I have a nightlight but its only because it comes as part of the sound machine I have in her room. It drives me nuts so I put a little teddy bear over it to get it darker. I can see fine without any light in the room. I guess being a night nurse taught me how to adjust to doing things in the dark. 
  • Options
    I picked yes because we bed-share and I need to see DD so I don't hurt her.
  • Options
    Rebis58Rebis58 member
    No we don't. I have a lamp in her room that I cover with a scarf, so it's not too bright when I go in for MOTN feedings. I only turn it on when she wakes up otherwise her room is dark.
  • Options
    We have a crack machine, so we have the projector on for a little night light.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options
    I'm thinking @mrsjenni means the sound machine...if so, yes, it's crack,,..I had to get another bc DS still "needs" his

• Options
    Rojovol34 said:
    Another yes just so I can see when I go in MOTN
    this
  • Options
    SS? The nightlight is for me for MOTN. I also have one in the hall and at the bottom of the stairs.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• Options
    I voted no.  We never used one with DS1 and to this day he doesn't use one and isn't afraid of the dark.  We won't be using one for DS2 either.  There is enough light that comes in through the window in our hallway that I can get to DS2 in the MOTN without issues.   
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have a night light in DS's room, but it's not for deterring being afraid of the dark. It's there so I can see when I go in his room at night.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Say crack again.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options
    I answered yes but not for him to not be afraid. More for me to see to change a diaper in the middle of the night if need be. Although this past week he started regularly sleeping through the night.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I said yes but like PP's said.. It's more for me to be able to see then it is for her.

our little flower born 01.13.14
  • Options
    ArrgcrArrgcr member
    edited May 2014
    SS. Yes. Two reasons.

1. No matter what, she will never be in total darkness so she needs to be able to sleep in something besides pitch black, especially if we ever stay anywhere else. I won't ask our hostess to buy blackout curtains, and I don't have the money to do that for them either.

2. She still wakes up every 3 hrs. I'm still nursing. She's in our room, which may or may not have a huge pile of folded, clean laundry in the floor that hasn't been put up yet that I don't want to fall over, especially with her.

Her nightlight is a monitor that has a blue light radiating out of it.
  • Options
    Mia's crib is in my room [2-bedroom apartment, and DS has the other room], and I keep a low light on because I hate sleeping in pitch black. Been that way almost my entire life. She can sleep with it just fine, but if it ever starts to keep her up, I'll turn the light off and figure out something else.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"