November 2014 Moms
Options

12 week rainbow ultrasound :) Any nub/ skull theory guesses?

Needless to say, I don't care what the baby is as long as he/she is healthy. But I still want to know! Any guesses?

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: 12 week rainbow ultrasound :) Any nub/ skull theory guesses?

• Options
    malmacemalmace member
    I guess girl!
  • Options
    My nub said boy, as do 90% of OWT and one Chinese predictor... Science verified it's a girl. JS.
    ... but congrats! :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cute pics! I'm not seeing a nub on there. I just see what looks like two legs and/or an umbilical cord. Where do you guys see the nub?
  • Options
    I didn't see it either, just throwing in my two cents.
  • Options
    www.in-gender.com
  • Options
    This was at my NT Scan with LO1.  No one else noticed it, but I sure saw that I was having a boy.

TTC #1 since June 2008
    M/C @ 6 weeks 12/31/2008, Ectopic @ 6 weeks on 4/23/2010
    Diagnosed Unexplained 11/2009-DH is fine-I don't get AF
    Cycle #22 - 1/27/11 - IUI #1 & Injections - BFP! - DS born 11/11/11 
    TTC#2 - 2/24/14 - IUI & Injections - BFP! - EDD 11/29/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    No guesses but congrats! What's the skull theory?
  • Options
    This is my new favorite game! 

@ratsuda726 yours looks a lot like my LO's NT scan from this week - I say girl! 

Yes, seconded on @CountryMama1114 and her question - what is the skull theory?
    imageimage
  • Options
    "Skull Theory is an at-home technique for predicting gender, although fans claim it has a 92% accuracy rate. Basically, you compare your baby’s ultrasound profile picture to the diagram below, looking for certain ‘male’ or ‘female’ markers in the shape of the skull." https://blogs.babble.com/being-pregna...der-predictor/

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I think the skull theory is if the head is square it's a boy. Round and it's a girl. I could be wrong though!!

Congrats on your sweet rainbow baby!! If what I'm looking at is the nub, I would say boy because the end is pointing up. However, I could be looking at a foot, umbilical cord, or anything else other than the nub. I'm so terrible at this game even though I want to be a pro. Haha ;)

Married:  08.17.2013
    Sweet Angel Baby: 02.01.2014
    Emerson Shay:  10:28:2014
    Two Fur Babies:  Talli Mae and Lexi

• Options
    These are a little clearer than the first ones I posted :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Ohhh, I change my answer!! Is that allowed?   The top one is looking girly!!

Love your fingernail polish too.

Married:  08.17.2013
    Sweet Angel Baby: 02.01.2014
    Emerson Shay:  10:28:2014
    Two Fur Babies:  Talli Mae and Lexi

• Options
    Ok that's a better view. It's really hard to tell and like PP said what I am looking at could be the cord or legs but the first one looks like a girl to me because of the angle.

We had our NT scan a couple of days ago and we are having a boy (confirmed with the Panorama test) and I asked the sonographer to see the nub and I could barely make it out though she pointed to something so it could just be too early.
  • Options
    PandaConPandaCon member
    edited May 2014
    I am 50% sure it is a girl. Hows that? :)

I think nub theory is right, I just can't tell the difference in a nub or a leg or a cord......  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Options
    I saw girl from the second set of pictures.... And I'm going to look into the skull theory tonight! I'm fascinated with things like that and with the old wives tales. I think it will be so much fun to see what is accurate and what isn't!
  • Options
    I'm feeling totally clueless here..... what is a rainbow baby?

BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    A "rainbow baby" is a baby that is born following a miscarriage or still birth. In the real world, a beautiful and bright rainbow follows a storm and gives hope of things getting better. The rainbow is more appreciated having just experienced the storm in comparison. The storm (pregnancy loss) has already happened and nothing can change that experience. Storm-clouds might still be overhead as the family continue to cope with the loss, but something colourful and bright has emerged from the darkness and misery.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I say def a girl! If what I see is the nub :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"