September 2013 Moms
Options

What's your biggest flaw?

What is your biggest flaw and what have you done/are you doing to correct it? (If you feel it needs correcting)

I am a HUGE procrastinator and it seriously pisses me off. There will be a bunch of things I should be doing but instead I do something else. I think I am going to start writing out a to-do list every morning and sticking it on the fridge. That way, when I finish one, I can cross it off and hopefully feel satisfied!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 1.5.13 - EDD 9.5.13 - Ysabella Sofia born 9.12.13
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: What's your biggest flaw?

• Options
    I have a hard time opening up to people. Once someone's my friend I'm great, but until then I find myself really closed off. I don't think there is anything I can do to fix it, I try to be more conversational but I think people just see through it.

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• Options
    I care way too much about what people think and let it affect me.

From the obvious like not wanting to hurt people's feelings or say no to people so I overextend myself to I literally don't like to return things to stores.

Working on it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Flaws, what are those? ;) Just kidding!

I think my biggest flaw is that I'm not a very consistent friend. I'm a very insular person, and I love my friends, but I have a huge amount of inertia when it comes to actually doing stuff with them. I never plan things, and it takes a lot to get me to leave my house, especially now with DD. I feel awful about it. I will say, I think I've done a lot better in regard to one friend, but I needed to make the extra effort because her fiance recently passed away suddenly, and she's got two little kids. It shouldn't take a tragedy to get me off my ass. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• Options
    @lindszachary I could have written this myself. I'm the exact same way. I get so stressed about every single thing and I can't focus on anything else. I feel like I have extreme worry almost all of the time. I was in denial about having anxiety until I realized how much it interferes with my daily life/functions. It's hard. I'm not really sure how to "fix" it either. Like you said, trying to calm down more but again, it's so hard. Ugh.

@blondii428 This is me as well. I'm shy but try to be social and I think people just completely see that I'm trying to hard. Once we're friends, I'm not shy at ALL. I never used to be like this either. Once I got out of my "party years" I turned unsocial. My H is amazingly social and strikes up a conversation with EVERYONE about absolutely anything so that makes it a little easier I guess. At least we're not both socially awkward, lol.

This post is making me realize I have a lot of flaws, lol.

• Options
    I think my biggest flaw is not speaking how I really think. I'm the type to sweep things under the rug and "move on" as opposed to dealing with issues head on. I HATE conflict.
  • Options
    My biggest flaw is that I care more about a relationship than the other party involved. DH is constantly watching me get burned by "friends" and he isn't afraid to point out how they suck.

How am I working on fixing this? I've stopped reaching out through media and phone contact. If they want a friendship with me, then they can initiate it. I'm not talking about aquantances either. I'm referring to people I have known well over 15 years.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Wow reading through all of these just remind me of how many flaws I truly have. The majority of flaws mentioned describe me to a T!

I have also been in denial about my anxiety, it makes me socially awkward, I hate talking to people. I'm perfectly fine when it comes to my good friends but not when it comes to new people. I used to drink A LOT right out of high school so I was socially fine but now that I don't drink, I find myself over analyzing everything in my head and can't ever seem to find the right words and expressions to keep up a fun-loving decent conversation with people. (Not my close friends)..

I care what people think of me too much so this is where the above stems from I think.. Or vice versa, this stems from my anxiety? I don't even know.

Things stress me out in a matter of seconds and I can't wind down from it, my mind will be focused on ONLY what is irritating and stressing me out until it gives me a panic attack.
  • Options
    My biggest flaw would be my big mouth. I have word vomit way to much and don't think before I speak. I can't even begin to count the times I've wanted to push words back in my mouth. Also I do judge people a lot. I don't do it to be mean. I just don't have any sympathy for lazy, stupid, or immature. I am trying to remind myself on a daily basis that I don't know what people are going through. Also it's not Christian like to judge and it's a sin. It's shameful to admit but true.
  • Options
    cputman200cputman200 member
    edited May 2014
    I am too negative and critical of my 4.5 yr old. I just heard myself tell him he is the worst listener in the world. He might not listen well but I am sure he heard the part of me criticizing him.

I need to work on being more positive thru out all of my thoughts and conversations.

• Options
    I have a short fuse when it comes to DH. I get mad/annoyed super easy but then I also calm done after only few minutes
  • Options
    olga1311 said:
    I have a short fuse when it comes to DH. I get mad/annoyed super easy but then I also calm done after only few minutes
    This is me too. And when I'm over it, I think he should be too but he's usually not, and for good reason. When I'm mad I go for blood with my insults and it sometimes hurts him. I'm working on it by trying to calm down and really think before I speak. 

I can easily cut people out of my life and hold onto grudges. 

I yell a lot and have a really foul mouth.

I'm weird in that I'm a pretty open book but when I feel like people are trying to get too close too fast I shut down. 

There are so many more...
  • Options
    @jojo1112 LOL, that's hilarious!

• Options
    I've been told I come off like a snob in person (not rich-elitist, but "I'm too good to talk to you" elitist) I probably am a little bit of a snob. But I don't intend to do anything about it, so...
  • Options
    I can be a bit bossy ( according to my husband, and I agree, I don't like not having control )
  • Options
    Overwhelming anxiety. I care too much what others think. I'm overly sensitive. I talk too much. (Because I get anxious. DH calls it diarrhea of the mouth) and I'm a control freak. Yikes. That's a lot.
  • Options
    LBibLBib member
    I put work obligations before family.
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"