September 2014 Moms
Options

A/S results

Hi! I had the anatomy scan today and everything was good. The dr. Said that there was some fluid in the kidney and scheduled another u/s for in 8 weeks. She said not to be worried and that it's very common. I also think it was borderline something about a 4. Has anyone had this at their u/s or know anyone that has. I read that it is common in Boys but I found out I'm having a girl! Just wondering your thoughts!!

Re: A/S results

• Options
    Hi! I had mine over a wk ago.  Found out we are having a girl tooand was also told the same as you! though i didn't ask the precise #, he said it was very mild.  Doc reassured me not to get worried bc he wasn't since its pretty common.  MY OB did say that they readjust down syndrome risk stats based on that, but that im still very low risk and since all my other tests have come back normal, not to alarm.  I did however opt to take the maternity21 test just for my peace of mind. :)
  • Options
    cmumamacmumama member
    My oldest had hydronephrosis. We monitored it with u/s and it eventually evened out. We no longer have to see a pedritaric urologist.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for letting me know about your experiences :) hopefully everything will be ok in 8 weeks. Now I've moved on to worrying about 5th disease bc I'm a teacher and one of my students may have it
  • Options
    Let me start off by saying it is a very common thing to find out ultrasounds. It is rare for it to be anything so try not to worry, but from what my DD's urologist told me, it is NBD even if something was to be wrong.

They found hydronephrosis during a growth scan with DD at 32 w. We were on the rare side that something was wrong. They followed her after birth every 3 m with ultrasounds until stones formed. She had surgery at 18 m to fix it, and she was up and running (literally) the next day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"