October 2014 Moms
Options

NBR: Seattle

SO's childhood friend is getting married in Seattle at the end of next month. I've only spent a day in the city but, this time, we'll be there Thursday through Sunday.

Do any of you who live or have lived in Seattle or the surrounding area have suggestions for restaurants or places to visit? We're not picky in terms of food and love exploring new cities so any and all ideas are welcome.

Thanks!
O14 May Siggy Challenge: Cinco de Mayo
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: NBR: Seattle

• Options
    vrj0522vrj0522 member
    I second going to Pike Place Market! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with Pikes!!!!!! Also the Argosy Cruises are awesome!
  • Options
    Pike Place Market is really fun but really crowded. Their are other great farmer's market in many neighborhoods surrounding the city as well. As far as restaurants I would 2nd Dick's for a great drive-in type burger...best fries ever. If you like Indian food our favorite is Saffron which is about 10 minutes north of downtown and for a fancy night out you can't beat Canlis for views or service. And Serious Pie which is a Tom Douglas restaurant has great pizza. Have fun!

• Options
    Thank you for the recommendations! I'm going to look these up tomorrow on my lunch break.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Pike Place Market is very small and crowded....we were just there end of March, you can ride the giant Ferris wheel (it'll be about $30 for a couple though), definitely do the underground tour, eat at Von's 1000 Spirits-they make in house sourdough, even sourdough pasta noodles...I had the meatball pasta dish and it was really good. There's a piano bar that I'd heard good things about, but never got to. It's a great city, really relaxed!
  • Options
    We live just outside of the city. If you want to do the touristy thing, you can't miss Pike's Place Market, and if you like chowder there is a small stall there (Pike's Place Chowder) that is really delicious- I grew up in New England and it is better than most. If you are into museums, there are some great ones at Seattle Center, where the Space Needle is, like the Experience Music Project and the Chuilily Garden and Glass. The Armory there has Skillet now, which has great grilled cheese, as well as Eltana bagels, a cool pie place and a few other local places. The best city views IMO are at Gas Works Park and Kerry Viewpoint. Top Pot Doughnuts are really good too. If you have time to take a ferry out to one of the islands (Bainbridge, Vashon, Whidbey, etc.) they can be really lovely on a good day, and it fun to get out on the sound.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Pp have great ideas.

We drive out of the city when visiting to see the national park Mt. Rainier. Sooo pretty there. Definitely highly recommend. We also did Olympic but that was a serious commitment from the city to the park.
    Have fun!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Pp have great ideas. We drive out of the city when visiting to see the national park Mt. Rainier. Sooo pretty there. Definitely highly recommend. We also did Olympic but that was a serious commitment from the city to the park. Have fun!!!
    I second Mt. Rainier if able - beautiful!

image              image
  • Options
    So many great suggestions! Thank you!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"