August 2012 Moms
Options

Is Kennedy really so bad?

So someone asked this question on the baby name board a while ago and it got a lot of negative comments. I feel like sometimes that board tends to be really traditional so I was just curious what you all think of the name Kennedy.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2 BFP 8/23/14, EDD 5/1/15, M/C 9/17/14 - Forever in our hearts <3

Re: Is Kennedy really so bad?

• Options
    i don't care for it as a first name. i don't like that it is a) a common last name and b) the last name of a famous political family.
  • Options
    sdlaurasdlaura member
    edited May 2014
    Not my style at all. I think of either the political family or the 90s MTV VJ (who is still a radio personality in SoCal).
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KEfam5KEfam5 member
    I am not a fan, but I am very into traditional, non trendy names. Hence, Clara and Bennett.

• Options
    MoFreeMoFree member
    In a word, yes. I think it's an awful name.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    SJandVASJandVA member
    It has to be a really weird name or spelling to get an eye roll from me. Kennedy is not my style. But not that bad. I feel like it's growing in popularity.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    I wouldn't name my child Kennedy, but I really like the name, it's just not my style
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    Thanks for the opinions! I really like the name but don't like that so many people dislike it. It may be time to scratch it off the list.

• Options
    I will be odd man out and say that I actually really like it. To each his own. lol.

I should add I have an Aiden and an Isaac (My husband is really nerdy and it actually came to be because of Isaac Newton. although pretty much no one knows that)
    imageimage
  • Options
    Toni79Toni79 member

If you like it, who cares what others think.  I like the name, but it's not on my "list" of names.  Right now, I'm loving the name Reagan.  Another "presidnet name".  I'd like it for a girl or a boy.  There is a radio host (guy) whose name is Reagan, and I alwasy thought it was "cool".  So I kind of clump Kennedy with Regan.

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Toni79 said:

If you like it, who cares what others think.  I like the name, but it's not on my "list" of names.  Right now, I'm loving the name Reagan.  Another "presidnet name".  I'd like it for a girl or a boy.  There is a radio host (guy) whose name is Reagan, and I alwasy thought it was "cool".  So I kind of clump Kennedy with Regan.

My niece is Reagan. I totally love that name too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"