New to The Bump

Newbie- Curious

Hey allll-- I'm new --just started reading through and commenting on some posts yesterday/today...

Just curious about names:   my hubby and I have had names for a boy picked out since before we were married, girls names we have changed a MILLION times and have a feeling it will be a hospital discussion-- I like family names for middle and FLOW to them. He has two middle names himself and I would like my kids to carry that tradition on as well... he is a country boy who likes contemporary girls names-- for the most part we agree on them but there are SO many we just cannot choose. We have about 4 first names we like for a girl, two middle names that do NOT flow together --- haha it's a mess but a happy/funny mess. & since we're not finding out what we're having, I have been kinda "c'est la vie" about it.

HOWEVER- I recently FELL in LOVE with a new boys name. Like IN LOVE. For the past few months I have been obsessed with it and while I still like the original name, I prefer this one over the original.  Hubby will not budge. He agrees that he LIKES the new name, but not as much as the original. I've decided I have 9 months to change his mind (we JUST found out that we're expecting) and I think I probably could--- afterall his only connection to the original name was me mentioning it to him years ago. They're both original names, neither of us know anyone else with these names so it's nice.

Any similar stories? How'd did you work it out? Again, I am not overly worried about a girl's name it's whatever... anyone have thoughts/suggestions/advice?

We're not fighting about it by any means... haha I'm just stubborn and he knows what he likes too.

Ta G.  | First time mom | Married: 9.4.2013

Re: Newbie- Curious

• I am still getting used to the site--- and realized there is a name section ;) I'm posting there...

if someone can let me know how, I will delete this one :)

Ta G.  | First time mom | Married: 9.4.2013

• You can't delete. No worries, it's OK if this post sits here.

Just an FYI, you may want to trim down your posts to get more responses. Most people see a wall of words in what could be conveyed as "we had a name we loved [name here], but I found a new name [new name here]. Curious as to how you decided, if this happened to you."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"