This is how I feel here lately...

Word

Wss
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
    June '14 September Siggy challenge- Favorite things about fall

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I really want froyo for dinner :/

I just told a co-worker that's what I wanted. It sounds delish after the load of Chinese I inhaled for lunch.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    emilyh107 said:

This is how I feel here lately...

THIS OMFG.
  • Options
    Ladies I need some prayers for my DH. His mom died 6 years ago today. Today has already started out rough for him as his paycheck didn't come through like it was supposed to, and he is just having a rough time. If you ladies could extend some thoughts and good juju to him, I would appreciate it.

On a happier note, my crib came in today :D Now I need the matress lll
  • Options
    vv826vv826 member
    CJnKR2014 said:

Ladies I need some prayers for my DH. His mom died 6 years ago today. Today has already started out rough for him as his paycheck didn't come through like it was supposed to, and he is just having a rough time. If you ladies could extend some thoughts and good juju to him, I would appreciate it.

On a happier note, my crib came in today :D Now I need the matress lll

Prayers for him!
  • Options
    It's 78 degrees inside my house and I'm sweltering! Achy, hot, sweaty, crabby ass pregnant lady here. Think Hubs can sense it. He's been hiding out doing homework all evening. Thank goodness for an early June baby before the heat really kicks in here. I really feel for you desert ladies!

• Options
    lest12lest12 member
    @CJnKR2014‌ - sending your DH good vibes :)

image        image

• Options
    @Tdonatoni‌ I feel your pain lady! We have a super cheap ironing board and it definitely started to bend the second I tried to do inversions on it. I have been using my DF workout bench
  • Options
    @MommyP710‌ Yay!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!! <:-P
  • Options
    jshropjshrop member
    I agree @chickpea912‌ is awesome at her LB job!!!

I found an old bottle of my nephews "sleepy time bubble bath" in my bathroom and decided I couldn't think of a better use for it (since he lives 1000 miles away) than to take a bath tonight. My bathroom smells incredible! I can't wait to have this smell layered on top of that new baby smell :)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
    June '14 September Siggy challenge- Favorite things about fall

• Options
    Thank you ladies for the prayers. I'm going to give DH a big hug when he gets home, and maybe some special treatment lol
  • Options
    @Tdonatoni it only broke because your H weakened it first.  That's the story I'd tell myself :)  And I have to say that my ironing noard doesn't look like it would support my non-pregnant weight for too long (it's a cheap one).

@lest12 I'm not sure, but I think the Swedish name is usually Lukas.  Personally, I don't find Luka objectionable, although it's less common than Luca, so he might have to spell it out (NBD).  In fact, with a Scandinavian family name, it might look nicer with a K.  You can also tell people it's Finnish.  If we pick a non-American name, we're planning to say it's Indian.  Two of my friends have little boys named Luca BTW.
    image    image

• Options
    I'm getting the anxiety about baby flipping. I'm doing all the things (moxabustion, acupuncture, chiro/Webster, version consult coming up). I know that it's out of my control but I hate not knowing.
  • Options
    lest12lest12 member
    @Temurlang1‌ - I was thinking the k might match better with the Finnish family name, too.

image        image

• Options
    I want Savannah Guthery's (Today show) maternity wardrobe. That is all. 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @babywear the love it was for support <3

I really want to finish spray painting the damn changing table but it's really windy outside! Boo!

• Options
    @ugabamafans‌ smart guys. that's hilarious!
  • Options
    I have been told to give my replacement all things related to my job, and if she has questions she's supposed to go over me to my supervisor, so we know where any gaps are...which means I have very little to do and 2.5 weeks left to do it in.  So I'm bumping and facebooking.  It's nice on the one hand, and on the other I know what she's supposed to be doing and it's taking five times as long as it takes me (as it should, she's new, it's ok in the long run as she learns), but it's driving me up a wall and I just want to get it all done!  Argh.  If I'm not going to be doing anything, how about you pay me to sit at home and finish prepping the nursery? 

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Options
    Pepper6Pepper6 member
    otter1103 said:
    It's 78 degrees inside my house and I'm sweltering! Achy, hot, sweaty, crabby ass pregnant lady here. Think Hubs can sense it. He's been hiding out doing homework all evening. Thank goodness for an early June baby before the heat really kicks in here. I really feel for you desert ladies!

LOL, I had no idea this was hot to some people.  We keep our AC between 78-80 when we are home and kick it up to 85 when we are gone to save on electric.

But we shouldn't even need to run the AC today...we had a "cold" front come in and it's only supposed to get up to 79 today (it hit 100 on Sunday).  
  • Options
    rastraurastrau member
    I have been told to give my replacement all things related to my job, and if she has questions she's supposed to go over me to my supervisor, so we know where any gaps are...which means I have very little to do and 2.5 weeks left to do it in.  So I'm bumping and facebooking.  It's nice on the one hand, and on the other I know what she's supposed to be doing and it's taking five times as long as it takes me (as it should, she's new, it's ok in the long run as she learns), but it's driving me up a wall and I just want to get it all done!  Argh.  If I'm not going to be doing anything, how about you pay me to sit at home and finish prepping the nursery? 
    I'm with you! I basically sit around and bump and dawdle on the internet all day at work because my replacement has to be able to do everything. Let me do this from home where I can *actually* be productive!
    June '14 June Siggy - Summer Heat!

• Options
    emilyh107 said:

Does anyone else only feel baby on the right side? I'm assuming she likes it over there and jumping on my pelvis. I don't get that on the left side, though

I only ever felt DS on the right. They told me at my first us that I ovulated from that side. Not sure if that's related, but I found it interesting :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    otter1103otter1103 member
    edited May 2014
    Pepper6 said:

otter1103 said:

LOL, I had no idea this was hot to some people.  We keep our AC between 78-80 when we are home and kick it up to 85 when we are gone to save on electric.

But we shouldn't even need to run the AC today...we had a "cold" front come in and it's only supposed to get up to 79 today (it hit 100 on Sunday).  

Normally 78 isn't bad because that's what the AC is set for. But i'm sure pregnancy I an the culprit. I am usually the cold one in our house but lately I've been the overheated one. It was pretty humid too so that didn't help. AC was turned on today and I set it for 76 so we'll see how I handle that.

• Options
    Pepper6Pepper6 member
    edited May 2014
    My favorite author is doing a get-together thing here (she lives in my city now) in October and I'm so excited!!  Tickets go on sale at noon, I have no idea how much they are, but damn it, I'm going!  I'm always a little weirded out by going to stuff by myself though, but oh well.

ETA:  I got the idea for my daughter's name in one of her books.  The heroine in that one isn't my favorite, but I loved the name :-) 

ETA #2:  Because I was thinking about it, here's an excerpt from the book where the heroine and one of the other guys are talking about their names:
    Then he said "Gwendolyn sounds like a song"
    Uh...nice
    I so totally loved my name.
    "A short one" I replied.
    "But  a pretty one" he returned.

• Options
    Pepper6Pepper6 member
    Does anyone else only feel baby on the right side? I'm assuming she likes it over there and jumping on my pelvis. I don't get that on the left side, though
    Pick me! I didn't know if he loves that side or if there's something up with my left that keeps me from feeling him.
    I mostly feel baby high on my right side by my ribs.  We had an u/s 2 weeks ago that shows she's head down, with her back along my left side, so her knees and feet are what's up high on the right.  Occasionally, I will also feel her elbowing me low on my left side too.
  • Options
    Pepper6Pepper6 member
    @StrawberryDreams219 we have been purging all excess crap too! I just went through my bathroom and tossed three bags worth of junk under the sink. Ahh so clean and organized now!

https://blogs.kqed.org/pop/files/2013/11/Mrs.-Doubtfire-cleaning.gif

I cleaned out crap in our bathroom a few weeks ago and it's crazy how much stuff I was able to throw away.  DH still had contact lens fluid in there....he had LASIK done 4 years ago!  We have so much more room in our drawers now, so I just have to be careful to not fill it all back up with crap that will take another 4-5 years to toss out.
  • Options
    Taymiller said:

I have made the decision to stop reading the pregnancy books, they are stressing me out and making me more nervous. I have decided I am going to wing it. I will let you all know how that turns out :)

I read exactly zero books. no issues to report :)
  • Options
    Pepper6Pepper6 member
    @nelleebelle  Yes, her name will be Gwendolyn :-)  And the author is Kristen Ashley.  She's apparently very popular since the tickets to her event just sold out in 4 minutes, lol.  Luckily, I was quick and got mine :-D
  • Options
    @Mrsdbc, I am soooo jealous!  We decided we couldn't afford it this year and will get said fence next summer when I have two mobile (the assumption being that little Charlie the lump will stay where I put him this summer when I have to run after his sister).  Enjoy!!

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"