May 2012 Moms
Options

Adjusting to 2u2

Our little boy was born on 4/15.  Ethan is a great baby so far....with only being 3 weeks old hopefully he stays that way :).  DD is pretty good with him considering she is entering her sassy 2's and she went from the only one to sharing some time.  When it is bed time and she is tired she will start to try to shake his rock n play or wake him up so we watch her like a hawk all of the time in case she decides to be naughty.  When she wants to "hold" him we let her with help so being nice is encouraged.  The hardest thing has been that I had a c-section and my weight limit is 15lbs and no pulling her up on my lap etc is allowed.  She is 21 lbs.  She wants to me to carry her downstairs after naps most days, or won't hop up on the couch to change her diaper and I can't grab her and lift her as I normally would.  She was sick last week so finally I sat on the steps and she climbed on my lap and we bumped down the steps together.  I have had to cheat and lift her a few times otherwise I will still be waiting.  We moved her crib mattress to the floor and she is doing awesome with that.  I put a step stool with the padded seat as the top step up to the table and she climbs up and down that and sits on it for meals and loves that she is a big girl.  But most of the time she wont help me out with diaper changes so there is pleading, telling her to get up there, time out for not listening after repeatedly telling her...any suggestions on what I can do to make diaper changes better for both of us?  She goes to daycare a few days a week but all weekend and 2 days during the week she is home and we are alone the whole day till supper time.  And as you know with a newborn sometimes you have a short window to get something done before they want to eat again.  I want to try to keep things positive with all of the other changes, but I know she is doing it on purpose because she gets a little mischevious grin on her face when she doesn't want to get her diaper changed.  She did this before but I could pick her up.  I am hoping within the week I will feel good enough to maybe do it on the floor and that will make things a little easier.  We haven't started potty training b/c of the lifting/bending issue.  I know when she changes rooms at daycare this month they will focus more on it there, and hopefully at my 6 wk appt I will be released to lift her.  Any suggestions would be great! 
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
<a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D

Re: Adjusting to 2u2

• Options
    First of all congrats on your new lo!!

As far as diaper changes I'd ask nicely once if she refuses I'd ignore it until she's uncomfortable enough and ask again. If she hasn't poop Huggies can go almost all day with just pee. Eventually she'll get uncomfortable enough to let you!

Trust me I had 2u2 I understand how challenging things can be and allowing yourself some slack to let things go helps a lot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options

Just wanted to say congrats on your baby boy!

I don't have any advice since I don't have 2u2, but I agree with @bellelamb. You definitely have to allow yourself some flexibility and pick your battles!

Good luck. I'm sure it's hard right now, especially while recovering from your C-section, but you'll feel better soon and I'm sure things will get a bit easier.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It sounds like you're doing well!! I remember posting in the 2 under 2 board when Charlotte was about 6 weeks old and asking if it would ever get easier ! I felt like I was barely surviving until the next nap! I promise, before you know it, it'll be second nature :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    k4slr6k4slr6 member

Thanks for the encouragement!  DH is in the field--farmer--tonight so I haven't seen him since 6:45 this AM for more than 2 minutes.  This might be a long month.  LOL.  It's the poopy ones that drive me crazy.  Tonight I asked nicely and didn't raise my voice and she laid on the floor nicely...even though I asked her to get up on the couch with me.  I was able to get down to her and get her ready for bed...getting up off of the floor was a challange, but not as bad as I thought it would be.  I will try to let up the control and wait till she comes to me to change her.  That will help her with potty training too to want to get out of the icky pants.  Thanks ladies! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
    Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"