High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Velementous Cord Insertion = My baby is PERFECT!

I just wanted to share my story with all the new mommies out there who have been diagnosed with this condition because it can be very scary!

I AM FINE!
MY BABY IS PERFECT!
She was born via scheduled C-Section because she was breech at 39 weeks. She weighed 8 lbs. 12 oz.
I had elevated dopplers which the doctors referred to as Umbilical Cord Resistance weeks 20-32 but it corrected itself as the doctors assumed it would.

My doctor scared the crap out of me. He told me I would have to deliver early, my baby might not grow, and that he sees a patient like me once every two years.

The internet made it worse. STAY AWAY FROM THE INTERNET! Chances are if you are reading this it's too late! STOP! I spent every waking moment of my pregnancy worried sick, going for ultrasounds every other week and seeing a high risk doctor in between my regular visits. Googling everything I could think of about this condition. It took away so much joy from being a first time mommy.

Please do yourself a favor and stop worrying! I pretended like I was totally cool and not worried to my family and friends, but secretly I was a nervous wreck. 

Everything was perfect in the end and now I have a beautiful little girl to love for the rest of my life.

I hope this helps and provides others out there with this condition with some comfort and peace of mind!

Re: Velementous Cord Insertion = My baby is PERFECT!

• Options
    THANK YOU! My doctor just confirmed that I have this today. I could not have seen this post at a better time. It's nice to know you can have a healthy baby. Just curious, were you told to get a C-section if she was not breech? My doctor says I can still be induced early (I had a late loss so am wary of the end of pregnancy) or wait for normal labor to start. I am not so sure of this advice!

Now about that not worrying.......

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

• Options
    You are WELCOME!

Had baby not been breech my doctor told me it would be OK to attempt a vaginal delivery, however, if I did not feel comfortable with that I could have a c-section. After researching it, I felt I would have tried for the vaginal if she was not breech. Hope that helps! 

Good luck!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"