August 2012 Moms
Options

Diaper bag counts as my carry-on item?

Hi gals,

I'm tired of reading different articles on the internet. And I know lots of you have flown with the LOs.

Question:
Next week we are flying from LAX to New Jersey. Does my sons diaper bag count as my carry on item? Or can I bring another bag in addition to the diaper bag?

Gracias!

Re: Diaper bag counts as my carry-on item?

• Options
    I think you are generally allowed one thing that goes overhead and one thing that can go under the seat.  If your diaper bag is "purse-sized" and can go under the seat, I think you can have a bag for the overhead bin, too.

As always, I'd be prepared for your overhead bag to potentially be gate-checked, though.
  • Options
    I flew Southwest and they let me take both, but that was at the discretion of a super nice flight attendant.

Call ahead to your airline and check on the individual policy. Typically it will count as your personal item/purse, so you need to stuff your actual purse inside. If you bought a seat for LO it will count as their personal item. You do get a carry on as well, and since you are going cross continent it should be a big enough plane that you would not have to check the carry on, which often happens on smaller crafts.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    sdlaurasdlaura member
    Depends on the airline, since some airlines are now charging for carry-ons. On Southwest, you can carry on one bag and one personal item. So another bag in addition to your diaper bag is fine. Though when I travel by myself with a kid I check everything except for one backpack.
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"