C-sections
Options

Anyone have a tubal ligation with a c-section?

I'm considering having a third baby, a third c-section and a tubal ligation with that surgery. I'm just wondering if recovery is any different with a TL on top of the C/S. 

Both my sections, I've had pretty easy recoveries, so I'd hate to mess with that!

Re: Anyone have a tubal ligation with a c-section?

• Options
    I found no difference at all.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    RedDDDRedDDD member
    had a tubal with my second C and didn't really notice a difference in recovery and I too had pretty easy recoveries.  
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I am having my 4th c section in July and getting a tubal ligation at that time.  I had to weigh my options carefully.  I know we do not want any more children but it's  very permanent thing to have done.  I made sure I consulted with my OB and asked her clinical/professional & personal opinion about having it done at the time I had my c section. An issue I had was that the hospital I deliver at doesn't do (optional) tubal ligations since it's a catholic hospital.  I had to change hospitals or OBs.  I trust my OB so changing hospitals was my best option. I have read and have heard from family members that there is no difference in recovery and my doctor even told me that its safer for the mom to do it at the time a c section is done because #1 you are not put to sleep, #2 recovery is nothing more than recovering from a c section, # 3 after multiple c sections there are always chances that you may have scare tissue which can cause issues. If cost is a factor, it's less expensive for patient (a well as insurances) to get it done at the time of a c section. Good Luck

• Options
    I had mine done a month ago with my second c-section. Recovery was the same, and actually was easier this time!
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! Good to know. I'll definitely consult with my OB if/when we have our third C/S.
  • Options
    Thank you for this question. Its something I have to decide for next month when I give birth for #2 and absolute final. Good information to know. Thanks for the honest responses ladies! I'm less terrified now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"