May 2014 Moms
Options

im going down

DH has suddenly become deaf to alarms and crying babies, my baby refuses to latch without a sheild, I need to do laundry, my place is getting messy and I need a shower. Also I am so sleep deprived it took me five minutes to figure out how to spell deaf...( thank you for listening, end rant)

Re: im going down

• Options
    Hang in there!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lica001 said:

Solution: have DH do the laundry and hold the baby while you take a nice long shower.

He is at work and I am almost jealous!
  • Options
    Hang in there! Laundry can wait, unless you ran outta underwear... And then in that case have your hubby do it. As for the shower, I agree PP no need to shower everyday. You could wait a few days in between, unless you're starting to grow mold, then take the baby in the bathroom with you.
  • Options
    kb2bkkkb2bkk member
    Bouncy seat in the bathroom always worked for DD1.  She was always cooing and happy, so I would use that as an excuse to stand in there for an extended break.  
    BabyFruit Ticker 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I know this has nothing to do with an outside baby. But when I had horrible morning sickness and couldn't get off the couch. I wouldn't shower for days. People would come and check up on me I did not care how I looked or smelled. I felt like shit and just didn't care! I think there was a point i didn't shower for 5days straight. When I finally showered my hair was so knotted in the back from constantly laying down, that it took me 20mins to comb it out.

My point, you just had a baby, you're sleep deprived, people understand if you smell a bit. Haha! But I am glad to hear you are feeling better at the moment.
  • Options
    SMM1986SMM1986 member
    Hang in there!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    The good news is that it does get easier as time goes on! Don't be so hard on yourself- I'm sure you're doing an excellent job!
    I'm not one for letting babies cry but sometimes it's ok for you to set baby in the bassinet or the bouncy seat so you can shower! Those 5-10 minutes of time you have alone can seriously make all the difference in the world.

Keep up the good work momma!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"