TTC after 35

Getting Healthy Check-In

Sorry I took last week off. It seams like a lot of our members are having tough times. So I figure I better do my check-in so anyone struggling with anything will get the support they need.

Usually we focus on our physical health but we can also help with our mental health as well. They seem to go hand in hand so please feel free to post anything you may be struggling with.

Spring is finally in full swing so I hope this is getting everyone outdoors. Everything is better with sunshine and fresh air!!!!!

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

Re: Getting Healthy Check-In

• hooligans4hooligans4 member
    edited May 2014
    Let me start by letting you all know I hit 20lbs weight loss on Friday. I can't believe I did that in a little over 4 months. I am so motivated that I think I will try and loose another 20. Originally my goal was 30lbs but I think I am going to shoot for 40 now. That will put me at a healthy BMI and I think I can do it even if it takes me a year, I will do it!!!!!!

I am still not exercising. I try and take the little one I sit for for a walk every day but it is leisurely so even though I'm walking it's not very fast. Ok so I half ass exercise.

Mentally I am not in a good place. My 17 year old decided she is an adult and doesn't need parents anymore. She said some horrible things to me and because I told her I would never stop being her mother as long as she lived under my roof. So she threatened to move out so I had to call my entire family and threaten them to not take her in. She went crying to them and like always they are coddling her and assuming I am in the wrong. I am so mad at my daughter and my family for this.

This all started because I wouldn't let her go with her boyfriend to visit friends at college for the weekend. Like I would ever say ok to that. She is mad because I am an involved and present parent and won't just let her do whatever she wants like all her friends parents.

So I have been an emotional mess, a 20lb lighter mess but a mess none the less.

I hope everyone is having a better week than last.

Edit: because I think I am still a little tipsy from last night

TTC#3

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

HeathernStevenKirstenAlecia
  • edited May 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • ewennerewenner member

hooligans4 - I'm so sorry you're having a tough week with your daughter, but congratulations on your wieght loss!  20 lbs is amazing, and I'm sure you can make 40.  Keep it up!

JimBobCooter - Good for you for maintaining despite being at a conference, where I'm guessing the food choices were not exactly healthy!

As for me, I am getting more consistent with my gym routine, but my eating/drinking are so bad.  Ugh.  It doesn't help that my mental health has also been taking a big hit recently, too - there is just so much going on, my stress levels are through the roof.  First, the company I work for recently was "acquired," and I am very unhappy with the new management and general direction of the company.  So, I am looking for a new job.  Add to that not one, but two car accidents in the last month (thankfully no injuries and no liability on my part), DH's perpetual state of discontent with his job, and, oh yeah, this TTC craziness...  Pass me another beer, please.  

Ok, vent over, thanks for reading.  "Just keep swimming."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @JimBobCooter I love MyFitPal because it does make you aware of exactly what you are eating. That calorie amount does seem low. They had me at 1800. I thought that was too mych so I adjusted it to 1500. But I normally eat between 1200-1500 and I'm loosing about a pound a week. Even when I eat 1200 I am never hungry. Sometimes I am adding snacks that I normally wouldn't have to get to 1200.
    If you wAnt to add me as a friend on MyFitPal you can look at my food diary. Just send me a pm and I will give you my email if you are interested.

@ewenner stress just sucks. But your workouts must help with the stress some.

Omg with the 2 car accidents.

I hope you can find a better job soon. Job stress is the absolute worst. Maybe focus on finding another job and put all the other little things aside until you are somewhere better.
    Good luck

TTC#3

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

ewenner
  • @holigans4 20lbs ..wow your my hero! :) I've just maintained this week. Hoping to get back into walking...I O'd last week and always seem hungry around then..I've lost inches but not more weight it's kinda frustrating.
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Hi all!

@hooligans4: I'm so sorry about your daughter. I admire you for having firm rules and hope that she can't move to escape them. Congrats on your weight loss!

@JimBobCooter: Good luck on tracking food and I'm glad that the conference went well!

@ewenner: Good job on going to the gym!! I hope that you find an alternate work option soon. Work troubles can just make your life toxic. :-(

@Samuelismomma: They say that it is better to tone than to lose weight. Keep up the good work!

(child mentioned below)

I have been pretty good with not picking my face recently. I can tell that I go through more difficult times where I'm more compelled. Maybe more so around my period. If I weren't TTC, I would go get some medication because there is an underlying acne problem. I've been using Burt's Bees acne stick. It's been drying some blemishes.

My lower back has been hurting for the past week. DH reminded me to lift DS with my knees. He is starting to weigh so much! I remember a trainer telling me that my back is my weakest body part. I should start doing the down dog pose when I am watching the LO.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

ewenner
  • Not sure if I've posted on the getting healthy board. I am SO bloated and I actually gained a little bit of weight.  Hmmm.  And I just ate a very large lunch and dessert on top of that.  Literally can't button my jeans unless I'm walking.  I'm also aware of giving my uterus area some breathing room as I should be O'ing any minute or thereabouts.  This morning my favorite black jeans ripped when I bent over.  I want to go buy new ones after work!  I work near Soho after all...  I am wearing a flowy top and a scarf to hide the fact that my fly is totally undone!  :-bd

I went to my gyno for my annual checkup and pap smear.  Weighed me, and i'm definitely about 5 pounds over what I like to be.  I think I just need to try to work harder on portion control, and go to the gym twice a week.  I also try to walk a lot.  

Also a big thing for me is that if I'm not hungry in the evening, I try to not eat dinner (or have just a very small snack).  B/c I eat huge lunches and pretty big breakfasts.  Then eating a big dinner is a bit over the top.  

history: I struggled with binging in my early 20s... was borderline anorexic for a few months, then would have been bulemic if I could have thrown up.  So i just hid binging. it was awful. after years of working on it I am pretty much 'normal' now.  Especially since I got really REALLY sick and my body completely screwed up.  I thought it was fibromyalgia or lupus.  But cutting out gluten 4 years ago (and divorcing my ex, in 2007) healed me physically and emotionally.  Now I eat very healthily compared to most - eg very minimal processed food, and never from fast-food chains. The images of the sad animals and factory farming is just too disgusting.  I love to cook.

This weekend I made:
    - spring salad with fresh shorn peas, radishes with greens, dandelion greens (all lightly steamed) with a homemade vinagrette
    - white rice with butter
    - beef bone broth (simmered it 24 hours)
    - seafood stew THIS recipe amazing!  I make it using storebought carton of seafood stock and clam juice

xo
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • edited May 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HI ladies!

Well I have been under some crazy stress this past month, trying to rent the house, passed the Certifcate of Occupancy and then they said we needed inspections from Structural engineer, electricians and a plumber, cause the crawl space had 20 inches fo water from Hurrican sandy in 2012.....so I was panicked that we would have big issues unrelated to Sandy.....BUT WE PASSED!!!

FX crossed we actually get the CO tomorrow BUT during all this over the last few weeks, I have not broken down, or put on any weight I lost in teh detox....truthfully I think its the B12 shots I am getting weekly. I think it is having a positive effect on me. Even my CM has changed, well there is more of it, way less "dry" then I have been. So who knows maybe it will happen naturally!!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

URMySunshine77KirstenAleciaBeckyP005
  • Hey ladies…….

I have nothing ggod to report.

I was doing so well… so motivated. Dropped a total of 6 pounds and then BOOM its all for not. 

Hubby put the stop to all grocery shopping. He is freaking out about money and wanting me to no longer focus on my business and wants me to get a "regular" job. 

So with that i had to just suck it up and eat things we had in the house….not low carb let me just say…..now even that is run out so the last 2 days I have eaten 2 small meals and thats it….. and the only reason i even ate today is because i have suffered a MASSIVE headache today. I needed to take meds so i ate…and then waited to take meds…guess what…..eating made my headache almost gone. I still have it pretty bad but at least I'm not nauseas and dizzy and weak…..just leftover head pounding. 

Im kinda irritated with him rt now. We have money. Well more than enough to go grocery shopping…..its just in savings and we have to be in a much worse place apparently before he will touch the several thousands we have saved. 

So Im angry that i found my motivation…dropped weight and then he is RUINING IT FOR ME. 

I wish I could access my 22 year old brain again and remember just what it was that made me ok with starving myself and exercising to the point I was bones. How do I get there again cause mentally if i could go back this would be cake. 

but with that said now that i see there are others who have struggled with these issues i feel sad and guilty to say that. Sorry ladies. Just venting i think

@Hooligans4 My daughter is being the same right now…..I had to get crazy with her a bit this weekend. They are not adults and they do need to realize under our roofs, under our rules…mine talks about moving out too. I showed her how expensive it is to live and what she can make at a job straight from HS and said "good luck"  She is discouraged about her possibilities now……a little reality check. 

With that novel i have to go lay down…my head still hurts :(
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
    Samuelismomma
  • @KirstenAlecia please eat. Go take some money out of the bank and buy food. I have lived off savings before and always was able to replace it eventually.

My mother tried to mediate a discussion last night between DD and us. I got mad at my mom because I told her I don't need help parenting my daughter. Anyway that discussion didn't go well and my daughter will be moving out on her 18th birthday by her choice. She wanted to leave now and I put my foot down. She thinks being an adult is just being able to do as you please. She has not thought about the money part of it. But my family spoils her so sure one if them will be taking care of her. Then I am going to loose my shit on whoever takes her in.

I'm sorry I am not being more supportive to everyone else in the check-in. I can't stop crying over all of this.

TTC#3

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

KirstenAleciabumpuser10258960
  • @hooligans4, @kirstenalecia, and @ewenner, I'm so sorry you guys are going through so much horrible crap right now.  I wish I could give you a real hug, but I'm thinking of you.  >:D<
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

My Ovulation Chart

BeckyP005URMySunshine77KirstenAlecia
  • I am ready to "hit it" again. Spent 15 minutes on the elliptical today and we are having salads this evening with chicken in it :-)
    @KirstenAlecia‌ I second Hooligans4, please eat. And I want to add that it is concerning you have been told not to buy groceries. You sound very sad, like I feel when I start spiraling down.... I care about your well being. Please be good to you. Do you have anyone closer to home you can talk to? (((HUGS)))
    Pregnancy Ticker
    hooligans4BeckyP005URMySunshine77KirstenAlecia
  • @Hooligans4 I'm sure you done all you can, she'll just have to learn the hard way:( I had a brother like that...keep your head up honey! @KirstenAlecia‌ i'm sorry but your H denying you the basics of food (groceries) seems a little controlling , like hooligans said you can always replace the money:(...@JimBobCooter thanks, sometimes I am my worse critic:(
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
    URMySunshine77KirstenAlecia
  • BeckyP005BeckyP005 member
    edited May 2014
    Davie813 said:

@hooligans4, @kirstenalecia, and @ewenner, I'm so sorry you guys are going through so much horrible crap right now.  I wish I could give you a real hug, but I'm thinking of you.  >:D<

All of this. @hooligans4‌ obviously I have no experience in teenagers but I could only imagine how stressful this is for you. I see it here with the family I work for. The 17 yr old girl still has one more yr but the sassiness and arguing her and her mom do is ridiculous and sad. Oh guess it doesn't help that she has been spoiled by her nanny and housekeeper ;)

I have stepped in many times. She is a very sweet girl but Lord I think they need counseling. Sending you lots of hugs...I hope she comes to her senses :(

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

KirstenAlecia
  • @hooligans4 OMG what an amazing accomplishment on the 20lbs!!! Go you!!!

And I TOTALLY am right there with you on the emotional stress level! I just found out that my son (just turned 16) had sex for the first time while at his dads house and found out that XH allowed this girl over UNSUPERVISED for a "study session" - what an idiot. My son, over the past 3 months has been seriously escalating his behavior and has gotten caught cheating on a test, skipping a class and more recently, he told on two girls who were skipping and their boyfriends confronted him for being a sell-out. Because we have such reasonable (but high, by his standards) expectations for him, he has decided that he wants to go live with his father and I feel like I have to let him go because he will resent me if I don't and honestly, I'm (feeling guilty about) actually being ok with him living with his father. 

So girl, I feel your pain!!! 
  • And as for my weight loss journey, it has been the pits. I've worked so hard over the past few months to only lose 5lbs. And one "bad day" and I lose half of what I've worked so hard for. 

I'm kicking it up a notch this week (getting up 10 minutes earlier so I can work out a little more) and DH and I are eating salads all week for dinner. I'm walking the stairs at work and am shaving off a few calories with the hopes of seeing some kind of REAL results soon. I wanted to lose 15 lbs by our anniversary trip to Cali in 3 weeks (3 months ago, that seemed like a realistic goal). Now I don't know if I can even make it to 10. 
    KirstenAlecia
  • BeckyP005BeckyP005 member
    edited May 2014

@hooligans4 OMG what an amazing accomplishment on the 20lbs!!! Go you!!!

And I TOTALLY am right there with you on the emotional stress level! I just found out that my son (just turned 16) had sex for the first time while at his dads house and found out that XH allowed this girl over UNSUPERVISED for a "study session" - what an idiot. My son, over the past 3 months has been seriously escalating his behavior and has gotten caught cheating on a test, skipping a class and more recently, he told on two girls who were skipping and their boyfriends confronted him for being a sell-out. Because we have such reasonable (but high, by his standards) expectations for him, he has decided that he wants to go live with his father and I feel like I have to let him go because he will resent me if I don't and honestly, I'm (feeling guilty about) actually being ok with him living with his father. 

So girl, I feel your pain!!! 
    Yikes! Oh dear...hugs for you too

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

Davie813
  • Hi. I'm new to the group but need some accountability. I lost 30lbs eating paleo from Jan - March. DH and I got off the diet in April for 2 trips (one for work, one for a wedding), and for family visiting between the trips. I gained 3lbs while off the diet, and now I just.can't.get.going.again.

I need to lose another 30. I exercise when I can, but nothing regular. I probably get in 1-2 hours per week.

I started the day with a nice paleo breakfast. Then I ate Panera for lunch. That got the downhill slide started. Then I ate some fudge. So, yeah, not a good day.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

KirstenAlecia
  • Hi. I'm new to the group but need some accountability. I lost 30lbs eating paleo from Jan - March. DH and I got off the diet in April for 2 trips (one for work, one for a wedding), and for family visiting between the trips. I gained 3lbs while off the diet, and now I just.can't.get.going.again.

I need to lose another 30. I exercise when I can, but nothing regular. I probably get in 1-2 hours per week.

I started the day with a nice paleo breakfast. Then I ate Panera for lunch. That got the downhill slide started. Then I ate some fudge. So, yeah, not a good day.
    I think we have all had those days….dont beat yourself up. Focus on how GREAT it feels to have lost all that weight!!!!! You will find your motivation again I bet! 
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

Davie813
  • @hooligans4 I thought i had acknowledged your accomplishment but i guess not….I guess I'm too caught up in how irritated  i am at H! lol!! 
    But really girl…..20 pounds is GREAT! 

@mamabear904 I did that…..let my daughter go live with her dad. Im not gonna lie its both hard and a relief. Hard cause that is your baby and no matter what we love them. A relief for him to FINALLY do some of the work….to FINALLY see that the issues were not my fault…..that the child is DIFFICULT! Im not gonna lie i miss my girl but I'm glad to have her dad be more involved. He has always been present….but not elbow deep in parenting that involved day to day and school stuff….now he is. 
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

bumpuser10258960Davie813
  • @KirstenAlecia please eat. Go take some money out of the bank and buy food. I have lived off savings before and always was able to replace it eventually. My mother tried to mediate a discussion last night between DD and us. I got mad at my mom because I told her I don't need help parenting my daughter. Anyway that discussion didn't go well and my daughter will be moving out on her 18th birthday by her choice. She wanted to leave now and I put my foot down. She thinks being an adult is just being able to do as you please. She has not thought about the money part of it. But my family spoils her so sure one if them will be taking care of her. Then I am going to loose my shit on whoever takes her in. I'm sorry I am not being more supportive to everyone else in the check-in. I can't stop crying over all of this.
    Oh i wish i could……. I agree…the money is always replaced…he is being a butt. 

As far as your daughter {{hugs}}…..I am so there too. I get it. I feel like you are telling my story too!!!  All of it…even family siding with her. I JUST told her dad to get to the grand parents and forbid anyone from taking ours in too. I feel like they undermine our parenting when they vocalize that we are "too rough/strict" Girl I get it!!! 

This is the toughest age. 

SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

Davie813
  • You ladies are inspiring!  What amazing accomplishments- 20 pounds lost for @Hooligans4, 30 pounds for @mattandlora!  Wow!  Congratulations!

I'm sorry to read about the stressful situations you are going through- both with your older children and with not being able to buy groceries.  I'm with PP's.... @KerstinAlecia- please dip into savings and buy yourself some food.  You can always replace savings.  Hang in there everyone.

I've had an ok week.  I just finished my 3rd week on WW's and I'm down 6.4 pounds!  I lost 1.6 this week which was a surprise because I went over on my points a few times (darn those yummy cheese curds).  But, when I look at the bigger picture, I'm eating WAY better than I was before I started.  So, even when I have a few slip-ups, I'm still eating a much healthier diet than before.  Now I just have to get my butt in gear and start exercising again.  That's my next goal.

****Warning: child and loss mentioned in siggy****

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1: 5/24/11, DD#1 Born 1/16/12
    BFP #2: 7/24/13, MC: 8/28/13 @8weeks, 3days

imageimageimage
    KirstenAleciaURMySunshine77Davie813
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    hooligans4KirstenAlecia
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"