Norco — The Bump
1st Trimester

Norco

I have been on Norco 7.5 3x day for endometriosis. My doctor wanted me to go down to once a day. I do not like Norco, never have, but it was the only thing that sorta worked. My body seems to want it, though. I couldn't sleep, had a weird feeling like I wanted to crawl out of my skin,etc. As soon as I took one, I was ok. I've heard withdrawal can be bad for baby. I'm only five weeks pregnant. Should I go with two a day and eventually go to one a day? Being the weekend, I can't get ahold of my doctor...any thoughts would be appreciated!

Re: Norco

• beachy6beachy6
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary

You need to talk to your doctor about how to safely taper. If you don't need it for pain, but your body is wanting it, it's probably time to taper sooner rather than later. I can't imagine that Norco is safe in pregnancy.

Are you still having endo pain with your pregnancy? Luckily, mine has vanished with my pregnancy, which is more typical than continuing pain in pregnancy. This will most likely be your experience, as well.

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• I'm only five weeks, but it hasn't gone away at all yet. Norco is safe, except later in pregnancy. Baby can have withdrawal symptoms after birth. This pain sucks. I just thought I could go down to one a day no problem. My body said otherwise...
  • The symptoms you are experiencing are definitely withdrawal. You might need to taper super slowly (as in decreasing dose by 1/2 a pill at a time) to avoid them. Talk to your doctor about this. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards