October 2014 Moms
Options

Girl Name Help!!!

So I'm having the HARDEST time trying to decide on a girl name!  DD1's name is Caroline, and our last name sounds like Scenario (same syllables and everything).  Here are the names I have on the list, any opinions/suggestions would be great!  We're not telling anyone the baby's name before the birth, but I need help! :)

Katherine (would call her Kate) Elizabeth -- so Kate "Scenario" -- Caroline and Kate (too close?) -- I LOOOOVE the name Kate, but not sure it goes with Caroline

Emma (no MN decided) -- Emma "Scenario" -- Caroline and Emma -- we've liked Emma, but worried now it's too boring/popular?

Charlotte (no MN) -- Charlotte "Scenario" -- Caroline and Charlotte -- not sure about the two C's names, maybe too matchy

Rowan Elizabeth -- Rowan "Scenario" -- Caroline and Rowan -- this one's the wild card -- I can totally picture a cute little girl Rowan, but don't know if it fits with Caroline?  

The sibset names sounding great isn't a "must", but I don't want to say the two names and people be WHAT?!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Girl Name Help!!!

• Options
    I like Emma or Charlotte. I've not heard of a girl Rowan before. My son has a bunch of boy Rowan's/Rowen?? In his grade.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sjb2419sjb2419 member
    I love Charlotte. I don't think it's too matchy with Caroline because it's the "sh" sound, not like the c in Caroline. I also really like Emma.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love Kate! We are expecting a Charlotte as our first and I suggested Caroline if we ever had a second and everyone says they are too similar...I kind of agree. I don't know what I'd name another girl...we decided on Charlotte 6 years ago.

• Options
    femailfemail member
    I third Charlotte! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I really like Charlotte but, for me, it's a bit too similar to Caroline. My next vote would be Emma.
    O14 May Siggy Challenge: Cinco de Mayo
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Love charlotte!

• Options
    jess545jess545 member
    I have an Emma and if this ones a girl Caroline is a at the top of my list :) I also love Charlotte and Kate. I think those 3 all sound great with Caroline
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I vote charlotte and my second would be Emma as well!
  • Options
    I like Emma but agree with it being popular. I usually like boy/gender neutral names for girls but I am not fond of Rowan. I vote Charlotte
  • Options
    Kate and Charlotte are both beautiful
  • Options
    ariel06ariel06 member
    I vote Kate.  I like Charlotte, but it's so popular.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I vote Kate or Rowan (that's a cute name regardless if sex!) I love Charlotte but not a fan of matching letter siblings.. But you have good taste! ;)
  • Options
    I would vote Emma, maybe even Emma Katherine (or Emma Charlotte). IMO, popular or not, you should use a name if you love it. :)

Rowan is a boy name to me...not even close to neutral...so I couldn't really see a girl with that name. Also, since Caroline is feminine and sweet, if you want the names to "match", I would suggest choosing a feminine name for this baby too.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Oooh I do like Emma Katherine together it's very regal:)
  • Options
    I think Kate and Caroline sound good together. Honestly I like ALL your names - a little girl that comes to the library is named Rowan and she's adorbs, so I'm biased there.

BabyFetus Ticker 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic   Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
  • Options
    My favorites are Charlotte and Rowan :)
  • Options
    I like the sound of Caroline and Kate. My second favorite is Emma. Your choices are classic, except Rowan...not sure how I feel about that one.
    BabyFruit Ticker 
    Married 8/09 to my love
    Our little shamrocks:
    M~4/11   W~12/12   E~due 10/14

• Options
    JessAnnJJessAnnJ member
    edited May 2014
    I don't like Rowan, but I like the others. For some reason Katherine and Charlotte seem too similar to Caroline so I guess my vote would be for Emma. As PP said Emma is very popular, but it doesn't seem like you have a super common last name so I think it's okay. If you are looking for other suggestions that are similar to your style there is Evelyn and Victoria. My daughter is named Cecilia after my great grandmother, but another name we were considering was Julia.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options
    I've always loved Kate.

Rowan is fun though!
    ~First time mama, strikingly handsome husband, comedic pooch, krumpin' baby girl on her way~

• Options
    Love Rowan. It's on my list, too. I think you should go with Kate if it makes your heart so happy, which it seems like it does.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I love Kate and Emma.

DS #1  1/10/2004

DS #2  2/1/2006

EDD #3  10/5/2014

BabyFruit Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @mrscjmb9410‌ I love Elizabeth, but don't like any NNs and since our last name is long we said on for the FN :/

Thanks so much ladies!! I feel better having other opinions! (:

• Options
    I like Rowan. I think Emma is popular , but it's a cute name. I'd probably pick Kate/Katharine because I think Caroline and Katharine together.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options
    Charlotte FTW. It's totally on my shortlist if we're having a girl.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

April siggy challenge -- FLOWERS!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"