May 2014 Moms
Options

who's dilating and how far?

We've had so many births and it's only may 3rd!

For those of us still pregnant and if you'vehad a cervical check...

How many weeks are you?

How far dilated (and effaced if you know)?

Are you having contractions?

Other labor symptoms or signs that your body is gearing up yet?

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: who's dilating and how far?

• Options

How many weeks are you? 36w4d

How far dilated (and effaced if you know)? 2.5 cm yesterday. Got checked at 34w too bc of contractions and was just a finger tip then. I never got this far with DD1 until several hours into labor! She was born at 39w5d. Not sure about effacement yet

Are you having contractions? Yeah... nothing that has stayed regular though. Feeling more like strong period cramps, so not super strong contractions

Other labor symptoms or signs that your body is gearing up yet? Baby dropped at 33 weeks. Nothing else that I've noticed though

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same thing with my first daughter. I was barely anything when labor started and then I just had her. I only posted this out of curiosity

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 36w6d or maybe 37 exactly. I was in L and D most of the night last night because I was having regular contractions for about 2 hours before I went. I about a finger tip, and didn't progress any so they sent me home.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

BFP #1 Jan. 2011 - mmc Mar. 2011 
    BFP #2 Aug. 2011 - My sleeping angel Stella, born April 21, 2012 
    BFP #3 Nov. 2012 - mmc Dec. 2012
    BFP #4 April 2013 - mc May 2013
    BFP #5 Sept. 2013 - EDD 5.24.14
  • Options
    @amroke‌ that's good to know.

This past Thursday I had an appt. As of right now I am 38w3d and I'm not dilated at all. The doc did an ultrasound to find out what position the baby is in. LO is head down, but not near the birthing canal yet.

I believe I am getting BH, it's a lot of tightening in my stomach. And sometimes I get some period cramps, but I'm not sure if that's a contraction or gas. Hah!

Some labor signs is just nesting, but I think that's mostly me trying to control everything and realizing this baby is going to arrive soon and I won't have the time nor energy to do any cleaning.
  • Options
    At 36 weeks I was 1-2 cm dilated and 80% effaced. According to my NST, I was having contractions that I wasn't feeling. Then a couple days ago, I had one contraction that I could feel. Tuesday, I'll have another NST and we'll see what I'm doing contraction wise. If I don't go naturally, I'll be induced around the 19th!
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How many weeks are you? 38w6d (39 tomorrow!)
    How far dilated (and effaced if you know)? 1cm, cervix is high and still medium/firm
    Are you having contractions? Only some BH here and there
    Other labor symptoms or signs that your body is gearing up yet? Nope! 8 days left til EDD and no end in sight! Hoping my body cooperates, because they already think he is over 8 lbs. Oy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    38 weeks. 39 on Monday. 2.5 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Baby is at -3 station. I have had a lot of cramping and back pain and lightening pains. Go back to doc on Tuesday. Hoping I have progressed or he comes before then!! EDD May 12.
  • Options
    37 weeks 1 day. I was 3cm dilated and 50% effaced at my 36 week appointment. Been having contractions for 2 weeks but nothing regular. Wondering what it will be at my next appointment.
  • Options
    eghulseeghulse member
    36+3. Checked on Thursday and I was 1cm, 50%. Been contracting here and there since Tuesday, but they're only consistent for an hour or so then die out. Other than that not a whole heck of a lot here.
  • Options
    At my 36w appt I was 3-4cm & 50% effaced. Just like with DD. I hope I don't end up 6cm & 90% just hanging out not in labor... While I appreciate my body doing a lot of prep work I don't want a precipitous labor!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    39 weeks, 1cm, 40%, -2. Having irregular-timed ctx according to my NST but not feeling them yet.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    Checked on Monday (36+5) and was 1 1/2 cm and 50% effaced. Cervix was low and soft. Getting checked again this Monday (37+5) so we will see. No contractions yet. Have had very small cramps and pressure. Not expecting anything for awhile.
  • Options
    andoll8andoll8 member
    edited May 2014
    39 weeks + 5 (EDD is Monday). Lots of contractions, but no discernable pattern yet. They are becoming painful, so I'm hoping this party will get started in a day or 3. 40 week check up is next Wed., so hopefully I won't be pregnant then. :-)

Edit: sausage fingers
  • Options
    Bootsie327Bootsie327 member
    edited May 2014
    I'm 38w2d. At 37w5d I was at 2cm and partially effaced (don't know the percentage). The doctor did mention he was down lower than last time...she's like "I could tell because I didn't have to go in up to my elbow this time." Haha. So, progress!

No new contractions, just really strong BH. Baby is definitely lower because I am waddling around like crazy, I feel like he may fall out! I'm hoping to go in the next few days...been walking a lot and bouncing on my yoga ball everyday to try and bring him down more.

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Options
    TkhixenTkhixen member
    I'm 38w4d and I'm so ready to get this show on the road! Barely dilated 2cm, contractions have been on and off, and my back is completely useless! Can't stand up straight! I don't know if I'm effaced or whatever, but dr said I was thinning and babies head was low!
    Married 3/30/13- me, 36  DH, 38
    BFP #1 4/15/13  EDD: 12/25/13- triplets M/C 6/1/13
    BFP#2 9/14/13   DD-born on 5/13/14

• Options
    How many weeks are you?
    I had my check on Thursday, I was 38 weeks, 3 days
    3 cm - my OB was kind of surprised that I was that far at 38 weeks since I'm a FTM
    I've been having some cramping that is centered around my cervix/pelvis - nothing worse than a bad period cramp. And BH's having been picking up at night. Nothing timable yet!
    I've been loosing my mucus plug in small chunks since my cervical check, so I think it's basically all gone now. And I was just in my upstairs bathroom getting ready (I was completely naked) and had the sudden urge to scrub my shower (which I did completely naked). It's not even the shower we use so it wasn't even dirty. I'm also fighting the urge to re-wash and prep all my cloth diapers, even though they've been ready for weeks. I think that's called nesting. lol.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    I'm 38 weeks. Went to dr at 37 weeks 6 days. Dilated 3 1/2 cm effaced 50%. I have been having some period like cramps nothing too painful. Still have my mucus plug so just waiting. But you never know. I was dilated with my daughter at 3 cm for 3 weeks. She was born at 38 weeks. So I'm hoping soon. Good luck ladies
  • Options
    How many weeks are you?
    36 exactly, but I still question my due date because I absolutely know when conception occurred

Having my first check Monday, hopefully there's progress because I feel like there has been.

Are you having contractions? Lots of BH, timeable even. And probably some I don't even know about because at my last appointment the dr said I was having them and I had no idea

Yes, on and off pink and sometimes red discharge for like 2.5 weeks now.
  • Options
    jay3907jay3907 member
    40 weeks today, at my appt Thursday I was 50% effaced but not dilated at all :(    Contractions are non-existent at this point. I just want my little guy to be here but I was 6 days late with my daughter. Fingers crossed he comes sooner then later.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am 38 weeks 5 days I went Thursday and was 2 cm 60% effaced. I have had contractions and I am losing my mucus plug. I have also been in the bathroom a lot more this last week and have had an all around don't feel well but that's pretty much gone away. I have been trying to hold myself back from cleaning everything all over again because I know I should be resting and it's been pretty hard to move around these days.

• Options
    37 weeks tomorrow. At my appt last Monday at 36 weeks I was 2cm dilated. Don't know about effacement. Have had some BH but not regular. I've been thirstiest than I've ever been in my life and my swelling is also at an all time high.

• Options
    On Wednesday (at 37w4d), I was 2cm and 50% effaced. BH have picked up and have had a few random early contractions. Baby is super low too. I haven't been feeling well the last couple of days.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    TnpeachTnpeach member
    How many weeks are you?
    I am 40+1.
    I have been 1 cm for four weeks now. Not concerned, that's how I was with the first, too.
    Yep. Nothing regular, but I can tell there are contractions.
    Not really. Feeling extra poopy the past two days, but I don't think that counts as a labor symptom.

• Options
    I'm 37W5D

Last Saturday I was 1 1/2 cm and 60%,
    Today's appointment I was 2 cm and 70%, cervix soft and baby "nice and low" according to doc.

I am so ready. This check today hurt like a bitch- way worse than last week and I am bleeding now from it.

Other signs- belly is constantly tight feeling. I don't know if its him stretching or contractions. Occasional cramping but nothing consistent.

I've been walking 1-2 miles every day trying to progress and am on my feet all day at work still (teacher).

3 weeks ago at ultrasound he measured 7 pounds 3 ounces. Today she was feeling my stomach and guessed about 8 something.... If I go another two weeks I might be looking a 9 pounder for my first, so I'd like to think its sooner rather than later but I fear that's wishful thinking.
  • Options
    At 36w1d I was 1cm, 50%, -4 and this week at 37w1d I was 2cm, 50%, -2. Glad for some progress :)

MP has been falling out for two weeks, and have been having some period type lower ute cramps. No all over ctx like labor ones.
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was checked Wednesday at exactly 36 weeks and I was 1 cm and 50% effaced. This was exactly what I measured with DS1 at 36w and he was born at 39w4d. So I guess we will see! I have been having lots of cramps and some uncomfortable BH which I never had with DS but I am not sure that it really means anything.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options
    No dilation, 70 percent effaced. Lots of cramping and BH, but that's been happening since 36 weeks.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    @Lissiehoya‌ with my LMP I was due may 16, which is 2 weeks off the due date my dr gave me and I'm pretty certain conception happened a week off. So I feel like I may be a week or so ahead of things depending on implantation. There was only 1 time I could have gotten pregnant, so that's why I sometimes question it.
  • Options
    mcnavamcnava member
    I was 2 cm 3 weeks ago....last week I was 2 1/2  I feel like I'm barely moving. So ready to be done!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am 38 weeks, 4 days. I have been dilated at 4cm and 50% effaced for a week and a half now :-/ lost my mp last week and have been having pretty severe bh contractions. I will be induced Tuesday at 39 weeks if I don't go on my own over the weekend :-)
  • Options
    gutsysneakersgutsysneakers member
    edited May 2014
    Got checked yesterday at 38+1 and was 1 cm dilated. OB says he could feel baby's head. I didn't ask about effacement. The past 24-48 hours I've been having what feels like period cramps and lower back pain. I've never had any BH so I'm not sure what a contraction even feels like.

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image

• Options
    usernewnameusernewname member
    edited May 2014
    38 weeks and I have no idea! My MW doesn't do cervical checks until I'm in labour. I don't know what's greener: not knowing, or knowing and thinking about it.
  • Options
    At my last check on Wed, I was 38 weeks and 1 cm and 80% effaced.  I have been at one cm since 36 weeks, but was only 50% effaced at 37 weeks. 

I am having some BH and have started losing my mucus plug.
  • Options
    Soupy84Soupy84 member
    How many weeks are you? 39 weeks

How far dilated (and effaced if you know)? No dilation as of check last Tuesday. I have not been told about my effacement, but baby's head is not engaged.

Are you having contractions? None. I have BH, but thats it

Other labor symptoms or signs that your body is gearing up yet? Nope. I have been dealing with the lovely lightning crotch for weeks. No sign of MP.
    3/29/12 - Married my soulmate
    BFP #1 - 3/23/13 // EDD - 11/27/13 // M/MC - 5/3/13 // D&C - 5/4/13
    BFP #2 - 8/26/13 // EDD - 5/10/14 // Born 5/18/14

image    image    image

• Options
    sammy.ksammy.k member
    I'm 38wks 3days and I'm 1.5 cm dilated and 70% effaced. I've been this way for 3 weeks now... I'll go in for my last check on Wednesday and then being induced Friday.
  • Options
    I was 2 cm dilated and 100% effaced at my 36 week appointment this week. I think I may have had 1 "real" contraction (belly had tightened while period cramps were going on) the other night, but otherwise all BH. I'm also pretty sure I'm beginning to lose my mucus plug, and I think baby has dropped at least some.
  • Options

How many weeks are you?38+ 2

How far dilated (and effaced if you know)?1cm 50%. That was over a week ago. I live in NW FL and we had some major rains that caused some flooding and my doc office was part of it so I don't know when I'll be able to go back.

Are you having contractions? Yes but nothing regular.

Other labor symptoms or signs that your body is gearing up yet?I lost my mucus plug.....2 weeks ago.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    BKD1386BKD1386 member
    How many weeks are you?  39
    How far dilated (and effaced if you know)?  As of my check on Wed, a big fat zero... baby's head is down, that's about it
    Are you having contractions?  Nope  :(
    Other labor symptoms or signs that your body is gearing up yet?  Not a damn thing...   :((
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

May 14 November Siggy Challenge: Least Favorite Part of the Holiday Season

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"