October 2014 Moms
Options

How to reveal the gender?

I should be finding out what I'm having this week and I wanna do something cute but not the cake or balloon thing

Re: How to reveal the gender?

• Options
    Some of the ones I've seen are colored bubble gum, glitter, silly string, painting your hands and having the handprint show it, umbrellas...One of them I liked but can't find at all is the couple go into a powder fight I think and the color was the reveal.
    Married since *7/13/2012* to my soulmate!

Surprise! BFP 3/7/2013, Missed MC, D&C @ 7w5d
    BFP 12/10/2013, Natural MC @ 5w1d

BFP 2/15/2014...Katia Elizabeth is due 10/23/2014!
     BabyFruit Ticker
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Donuts with pink or blue icing! Not sure if they make those but donuts always work! Or cupcakes!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you looking for a reveal photo idea or a real-time reveal for a party?
    imageimage
  • Options
    ADH0906ADH0906 member
    Emerald27 said:

Are you looking for a reveal photo idea or a real-time reveal for a party?

Second this. Everyone's idea of a sex reveal is different...for me, it's sending my mom a pink or blue cookie. For others, it's a full scale/invitations and arm-waving party. What are looking for here?

n Chart</a>"http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Charww.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Chart</a>

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Emerald27Emerald27 member
    edited May 2014

I know someone who took a picture when a balloon filled with paint/coloredwater was being thrown at him.

I love this idea so much!!! Wonder how hard it would be for me to convince DH to do it. 8-|
    imageimage
  • Options
    narabugnarabug member
    Me too.
  • Options
    narabugnarabug member
    Eep. Can't edit on mobile apparently. My last post was supposed to quote @nicb13.
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:

I'm going old school and I'm calling my family on the phone to tell them the news ;)

We did that with DS (could not wait to tell and called before we got in the car after our scan), so we want to do something more special this time. So far our plan for our moms is to send flowers to their work (in pink or blue) to surprise them and get them attention, but I still want a cute social media reveal. :P A cheap water balloon fight photo shoot with DH and DS might be the ticket. ;)
    imageimage
  • Options
    I called my parent but brought in cupcakes to work (we knew the sex and I was really just looking for an excuse to bake and eat cupcakes).

Married 10/06

Baby Girl "C" arrived on 10/07/14 (39 weeks, 6 days)

• Options
    Such great ideas!  Thanks, Ladies!
  • Options
    BeanNutBeanNut member
    We are finding out 3 days before Mother's Day so maybe we will incorporate that into a photo announcement.

Peanut 1.23.11 ~ Bean 9.06.12 ~ Little Boy 9.24.14
  • Options
    I love your idea to send flowers to the grandparents' jobs. I think I'll do that with gerbera daisies and a sweet note for grands and great-grands. Granddad will have to receive something else. He's pretty shy and flowers delivered to his job will have him red. lol

For my SM reveal (which will be my first time publicly acknowledging that we're pregnant), I will have my photographer client take a pic of me in a cute "I Can't Keep Calm Because I'm Having A Baby ____" shirt and a pic of my pumps next to a baby girl's shoes (if girl) or me in a maxi holding a pair of boy shoes (if boy). I'll pick from there. 

SO doesn't want to participate in a reveal (as of today), so I'm letting him sit this one out. If he changes his mind, we're doing the shoe pic regardless of if it's a boy or a girl.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    Proud First-Time Mommy From Memphis, TN!
    *My Favorite Thing To Do: Laugh Until I Cry*
    I can't wait to meet my Kenyan-Bajan-American sweet pea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"