October 2014 Moms
Options

Does your DH/SO know about The Bump?

jesslinnnjesslinnn member
edited May 2014 in October 2014 Moms
My husband has known about the Bump since I joined when I was pregnant with DS1. Sometimes I tell him little things that happen if there's something particularly juicy but he definitely doesn't realize how involved I am.

I have a few friends on FB from my other two BMBs. The first few times he saw comments from them, he'd be like "who is this??" I felt like a creeper saying they were Bumpies. He's used to it now, but still doesn't know the extent of my Bump lyfe.

So I'm just curious, how much does your SO know?
DS1 8/11/10 
DS2 8/21/12
DD 9/26/14
Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 

Re: Does your DH/SO know about The Bump?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

OH my DH knows about TB. Sometimes I tell him the juicy stuff too, and he def. says, I dunno go ask the bump ladies too! LOL.

For me and DH forums are no new thing. When DH was in the Marine Corps I was on a forum, and I actually by chance ended up meeting a few of the ladies at DH's homecoming.  They were there for their SO homecomings also and we recognized each other by the outfits we had picked out for homecoming.  :)

DH knows how much time I spend on it, but that is simply because I do not have enough to do during the work day to stay busy....sooo I'm stalking here allll day, lol. I don't bump at home though - I get my fill during work.  :))

• Options
    SO definitely knows, and throughout the day, I'll send him quotes of things I think are amusing or you know, stupid. He calls it "the birth board" and occasionally (jokingly) floats the idea that he'll join, but I keep telling him NO. This is MY place!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 30 | DH: 4/12/85 - 6/16/14 | Quinn Patrick born 9/28/14
  • Options
    lrobi13lrobi13 member

DH knows about it but does not know how much I post.  He has spied on us before so that I part of the reason I shy away from telling you all the juicy details about our bedroom activity :\">

I think he likes knowing I can get all my pregnant lady talk out so we can talk about other things (sometimes) beside this pregnancy!

He used to participate in forums so he knows how cray it can get so he doesn't get too freaked out about some of the stories on here.

I also keep my bestie in the loop about this and she loved it when we have drama!

• Options
    Nicb13 said:

DH thinks I'm insane for how involved I am with TB. He makes fun of me all the time, especially if I say something parenting related and says "oh, did your bump friends tell you that?!".

I'm not sure he knows how much actual time I spend on here though.....

Another vote for this! 
    ::two chest pumps and a peace sign for Jenn:: ~ MrsJudgeyPants 

This is legal advice. Circa 2011 image
  • Options
    DH knows about it as we discuss some of the more crazy things (or sometimes actual advice).  He is on several dad and baby communities on Reddit, so he can't talk about my time on TB.

Married 10/06

Baby Girl "C" arrived on 10/07/14 (39 weeks, 6 days)

• Options
    DH knows and I tell him about some of the crazy sometimes. He's on his own boards for dentist stuff so he knows how they work ( you'd think dentist boards would be super boring but they can flame with the best of them).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    DH knows, but probably doesn't realize how much time I spend on here. He's suggested before that I "ask the other pregnant ladies" and I've shared some of the interesting facts with him or asked him what his views are when different topics pop up on here. He has an RPG forum he's active on and is a staff writer/editor for a local football blog in his spare time, so he doesn't judge. I think he's glad I have somewhere to go instead of bugging him all the time with pregnancy related stuff.

• Options
    Yes, DH knows I'm on here a lot. He says I'm always on the bump! I can't help it though, my BMBs rock!

imageimage

Anniversary

• Options
    MrsL2BMrsL2B member
    I'm not sure if my husband has figured it out yet or not. It's always up on my laptop screen, so he could figure out if he bothered to notice. He spends a lot of time working and socializing online and participates in lots of message boards, so he'd think it was totally normal.
  • Options
    sjb2419sjb2419 member
    Mine doesn't know a whole lot about it, but he doesn't really ask, either. I've mentioned stuff I've read or learned on here, but I don't go into the gossipy stuff--he wouldn't care about that at all. 

He does know that TB taught me about temping and charting and all that stuff. 

This. It's been mentioned, but we don't really talk about it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, he does. He likens it to my former addiction with Sorority Life. You think you bitches are crazy? Oh HELL NO.

FTM - BFP: 1/23/14 - EDD: 10/5/14 - DD Born 9/13/14

• Options

Nicb13 said:

DH thinks I'm insane for how involved I am with TB. He makes fun of me all the time, especially if I say something parenting related and says "oh, did your bump friends tell you that?!".

I'm not sure he knows how much actual time I spend on here though.....

Yup, pretty much this.  I invited a few bumpie IRL friends to DD's first birthday and have done a couple of TB GTGs, so he knows I know some people from here IRL as well.  Oh, and we ran into a bumpie at the airport in HI as well.
    This is me, too. I've got several friends on FB from TB and have met several IRL as well. He's actually met a couple of them, too.

**TTC since 10/2009** **BFP 4/15/12- Dx Molar Pregnancy- Surgery 5/15/12 & 5/22/12** **BFP 1/23/14- 1st Beta (1/24/14) 171 2nd Beta (1/28/14) 860** Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Lol, some of the responses on this thread are cracking me up! My DH does know about it - I talk about "my forum" but he doesn't know how active I am. And I would like to keep it that way! :)
  • Options
    DH knows. I've been on TB since my pregnancy with DS...but far less active in between. I became more active again while looking for support when I was prepping to (charting) and then actively TTC, and found it in the TTGP board.

I also used to spend some time on the breastfeeding board, but found that to get overwhelming FAST...too many questions! I hang out on the AP board some too.
    imageimage
  • Options
    DH knows I bump often, and he knew how helpful the community was for me during my previous high stress pregnancy.  He also knew how much I missed it when I was no longer going to be a Dec13 mother.  He laughs sometimes when he seems me in the Dec13 chat room. :)
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Options
    No. I browse the boards the most during slow periods at work or on the subway so it's not something he'd notice.
    O14 May Siggy Challenge: Cinco de Mayo
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My husband knows I am very involved with my first BMB and if I am on my phone he asks if I am bumping or talking to my bumps lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My SO knows but really doesn't care, to him it's another social website and he calls it "The Baby Group" I've spent a lot of time just browsing needless to say I'm still learning and memorizing TB language!
  • Options
    hecklethecklet member
    Nicb13 said:
    DH knows and I tell him about some of the crazy sometimes. He's on his own boards for dentist stuff so he knows how they work ( you'd think dentist boards would be super boring but they can flame with the best of them).
    Dentist boards?! Lol
    I'm intrigued by this too! Haha.
  • Options
    vrj0522vrj0522 member
    Mine doesn't know a whole lot about it, but he doesn't really ask, either. I've mentioned stuff I've read or learned on here, but I don't go into the gossipy stuff--he wouldn't care about that at all. 

He does know that TB taught me about temping and charting and all that stuff. 

This exactly. I started on here while ttgp and he knows I learned a lot. Now I'll mention things I learn occasionally but he desn't really ask about it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    He knows the name, but nothing else. He laughs at the amount of time I am on here.

• Options
    DH knows about it and when I laugh at something or talk about advice I have gotten He laughs. I did tell him about the money thing that happened. He just rolled his eyes. I don't think he realizes how much time I spend on herw. But he likes to hear about the advice given. He has asked a couple of times that we are at home and both on our phones if I am Bumping. I just smile and he knows.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My wife knows about the bump and laughs about the juicy tidbits I give her occasionally. I tell her most of what I post

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"