June 2014 Moms
Options

*5/02 AW/SS/Random Thread*

Re: *5/02 AW/SS/Random Thread*

• Options
    Sooo DH had surgery on Wednesday (relatively routine, but short notice cancellation), and I've been feeling exceptionally overwhelmed and on the verge of tears ever since.

I think it's a combo of I can't help him as much as I would like to (not that he would let me), my shower is on Sunday - which involves way more prep than I had anticipated since there will be an 'afterparty' at our house and I don't have any help cleaning, and also that our Mat shoot is next Wednesday and we may have to cancel if he's not mobile enough.

Since it was a short notice cancellation, I think that has a lot to do with me feeling overwhelmed about not having any time to prepare, clean, etc.

Anywho, I'm really looking forward to the shower, so I'm just going to take it as it comes and do what I can and fuck the rest.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    OMG I hate all you ladies who mentioned Sugar Plum Lane. How do you not buy all the things? And they're so gender neutral! And my DD only wants to wear pink these days and has to choose her own outfits. I want the cute baby stuff!!!!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@letsgobowlingx‌ -- I want to make a comment about gaping holes... Too far?.
    I read something that compared a 10cm cervix to being roughly the size of an average bagel. I've given birth before and still found that alarming. Also having trouble looking at bagels.
    Whaaaat. *shudders*

• Options
    @mtgrizgirl, that really, truly sucks!!  I'm so sorry.  I hope things ease up soon!

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Options
    @emilyh107‌ which sleeper is that??
  • Options
    @mtgrizgirl (((hugs))) I am so sorry!

• Options
    Saturday afternoon is our baby shower.

Sunday from 9am to 4 pm (wtf) is our lamaze/birthing class at the hospital.

Rant: The room for the nursery is still not cleaned out. Trust me that I am beyond grateful for gifts as we had nothing at all - but we are swimming in boxes (amazon registry, many folks sent things directly here because we're in the city and it could be challenging to get it all back to our apartment tomorrow) and tomorrow there will be more things from the folks who didn't mail their gifts. I really planned to have the room at least empty so the stuff has a place to go. I had a crying meltdown about this today.

Between not being able to lift heavy things and simple cleaning making me sore for hours I need DH to care about this asap. I'm still working too, he's not the only one with shit to do.

• Options
    My Sprinkle is at 10am. It is currently 3:3am and I have been awake for a half hour due to a mosquito bite on my heel that is beyond itchy...I may murder someone. I still have to clean my house, I'm fucking tired, and now I'm fuckong itchy. How the hell did I get a bug bite on my heel at 3 in the morning when I was in sneakers all day and then socks until bedtime? Stupid ninja mosquitoes!

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Options
    rastrau said:

Savvy122 said:

*TMI WARNING*
    For the past two nights, I've had an orgasm in my sleep. In my sleep. Who does that!? Haha, I woke up right after and had to go to the bathroom, both times. The weirdest part is that the dreams I'm having before I wake up aren't even sexual. At all. But TBH, I'm not complaining..

This used to happen to me frequently during my first trimester.  I kind of miss it...

Same here! I didn't mind them, kind of enjoyed them really, though I was glad DH had no idea that it was going on. When people were asking me "so have you had any sex dreams yet?" I used to blush and stammer a bit, until I finally understood that they were asking me if I had dreams about LO being a boy or a girl!

eta: spelling, ugh.

Try having them while in the hospital. Emarrasing.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    1 month from today is my last shift at work ( June 3rd)! Seems so close, yet so far...

Edit:it's early and auto correct hates me

#1 DD June 2009
    #2 DS July 2011
    #3 DD June
    CP December 2015
    M/C 8/2016
    Rainbow & Babe #4 EDD 7.28.18

• Options
    Thanks @mrsdbc I googled and made a paste of witch hazel and baking soda. Helped enough that I got a little more sleep!

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Options
    JujuB22JujuB22 member
    I will be 32 weeks tomorrow. I had my dd at exactly 32 weeks. Needless to say I'm a bit anxious that history will repeat itself.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
    October Siggy challenge, costume fail
  • Options
    @CAMag I got the quinn leggings for his newborn pictures (they are adorable!), 2 of the discontinued ones (the bikes, and the red plaid, they were too cute), the cruz, and the noel with the puppies. My DH thinks they are ridiculous, but he doesn't question my style. I can't wait to get them!

Favorite TV Mom: Tami Taylor
  • Options
    mrsdbc said:
    I will be 32 weeks tomorrow. I had my dd at exactly 32 weeks. Needless to say I'm a bit anxious that history will repeat itself.
    Big hugs mama. Im in the same boat.
    Hugs to both of you . I'm 32 weeks and some change, I can't imagine giving birth right now. You guys are really tough! I'm sure everything will be absolutely fine and your babies will stay cooking for awhile longer.

• Options
    @nutmegs8‌ I really hope that mom figures it out or that kid is gonna have a rough life.....
  • Options
    jshropjshrop member
    If anyone needs a nursing cover I got this promo in my email today:image
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
    June '14 September Siggy challenge- Favorite things about fall

• Options
    jshropjshrop member
    Happy freakin' BIRTHDAY @mtgrizgirl‌!!!!

• Options
    @StrawberryDreams219‌ - Congratulations LB!! Have a piece of pie for me too ;)

• Options
    I got into a car accident today. It was the other drivers fault (they were turning across an intersection). My car isn't drivable, their car is totaled and I'm in L&D getting LO checked out. He seems to be fine and I feel a little like I'm overreacting. But here we are.
  • Options
    @elsa1688‌ hope everything is ok! You are definitely doing the right thing by getting LO checked!!!
  • Options
    lest12lest12 member
    Oh no, elsa! I hope everything is ok! You are not overreacting. Please update when you can.

image        image

• Options
    Elsa you're not overreacting! I'm sorry about the accidemt, hope you and LO are ok!

• Options
    lest12lest12 member
    I'm so glad the baby is ok! But ugh. What a crappy day you've had. Get some rest and take it easy!

image        image

• Options
    Glad you and the babe are OK, @elsa1688‌ !! Sorry about your ankle and car.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Options
    @elsa1688 glad to hear good news. I hope your ankle feels better soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jshropjshrop member
    @elsa1688‌ sorry to hear about the accident! Hope everything turns out okay!

• Options
    My second baby shower is today. It is outdoors and it's super windy and ugly outside. My sister has spent so much to make it a beautiful event, I really hope it stops being so windy so she isn't so stressed. 
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Babywear said:

@elsa1688 glad LO is ok, sorry about your ankle :/

it's finally fire weather here! We move our furniture around between summer and winter to get the best out of our living area, so while I napped today, hubby set everything up so we could enjoy the fire...

I forgot you're in the Southern Hemisphere! I was thinking yeah it's fire weather here, too. But not like nice cozy fireplace fire. Like wildfires. Crazy wind and heat and Southern California goes up in flames!
  • Options
    @elsa1688‌ glad LO is ok! sorry you hurt your ankle though, hope it feels better soon!

@ohyealovely‌ I hope you don't have to deal with any wildfires LB! that's so scary!
  • Options
    @yellowbird219‌ @stephross88‌ there was one last week about 30 miles away, but a mountain separated us from the fire. And the wind was blowing everything away from us too. My parents said it was horrible though, the smoke in the air was really bad!
  • Options
    I had a dream last night that Rob Thomas hugged me. I cried in the dream. Then I wanted to cry when I woke up and I realized it wasn't real. :((
  • Options
    crhein26 said:
    June 4th mamas, we are 1 month out!  Ahhhhh!

Best thing I have seen all day! Yea for one month left!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    Youtube Appuseries nursery rhymes...It's the only thing that keeps my 2 year old still enough for me to cut her toenails, but then we have to watch a whole series (there are a shit ton, each about 25 minutes of songs)...I have never wanted to throw my own phone across the room more than I do right now.  I think it's India's take on classic British nursery rhymes, but oh my god they butchered them! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0nvh7_N9oM

So you can all share in my pain...

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"