October 2014 Moms
Options

Sono question

I have lots of questions and too much time on my hands this morning. ;-)

For those of you that see an OB and a perinatologist, does each one do a 20 week sono? My perinatologist is going to do a level 2 sono to check for birth defects as my second child has one, so I have a history of it. Do you think the OB will do another for their records or just leave it to the peri??

Re: Sono question

• Options
    My OB leaves the 20 week ultrasound to the perinatologist
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image              image
  • Options
    jcsumm0jcsumm0 member
    I see an MFM and a family dr.  Anatomy scan is at the MFM.  I highly doubt they would do it twice.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Peri/MFMs typically have more advanced equipment and do have a higher level of training in interpretation, etc. The ob typically hands the a/s over to them and receives a copy of the report and images for your file.
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Options
    I don't see a peri, but there is an U/S clinic in my OB's building, so for 12 weeks, I scheduled the U/S first and OB appointment right after. Then my doctor just uses the U/S tech's results. Same thing will happen at 20 weeks. My OB did one early U/S (I think at around 8 weeks), but she won't do anymore. Her equipment is not nearly as good as the U/S clinic's.

Pregnancy Ticker
    DH and I have been married 3+ years. This is our first PG, and we are thrilled! 
    Can't wait to meet our baby BOY, Mateo in October!!
  • Options
    My MFM handles the 20 week level 2 u/s.  Even if I wasn't seeing an MFM, my OB would send me to the hospital or radiology clinic for it.  

Married 10/06

Baby Girl "C" arrived on 10/07/14 (39 weeks, 6 days)

• Options
    ADH0906ADH0906 member
    I am in a weird limbo and am technically not under the care of a MFM doc, but I had to go to their clinic to do my NT scan. They identified some issues with my fibroid during the screen and my midwife is having me go up every once in awhile to have it checked out. That said, the OB in her office doing my A/S. I didn't really consider if this was strange until this post.

n Chart</a>"http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Charww.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Chart</a>

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm under the care of an OB but my NT scan and anatomy scan are both done by perinatology.
    ~Miss K born 1/8/2011~Miss I born 1/3/2013~2 angels~
    Baby #3 is on the way!  EDD 10/29/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!! My peri is doing the u/s because of my prior Graves' disease and my sons birth defect, but my OB also has high quality u/s machines in her office. Just kind of curious as to whether I'd get to see my peanut multiple times. The OB hasn't been made aware that I was referred to a peri as my endocrinologist sent me when she thought there was an autoimmune issue. I see my OB soon, so I guess I'll get a final answer then. All of my prior ultrasounds with all of my kids have been done at the ob's office, so I just wasn't sure what to expect.
  • Options
    Your perinatologist will send the measurements/results to your OB, and unless he wants to look at something for himself, that should be your only anatomy scan.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"