August 2012 Moms

Potty training

Anyone potty training yet or thinking about doing it soon? DS is obsessed with the potty. He has gone in it a few times before his bath and will do the who grabbing his diaper when it's wet thing. He's also told me "poo poo" before he went poo poo and will help me change his diaper. I thought I wouldn't even try potty training until 2.5 or so but he seems interested now. Thoughts? Any one else have a potty obsessed LO?

Re: Potty training

• vic8504vic8504 member
    We started it about 4 months ago with DD. DD was always coming into the potty with us and sitting on her potty chair, so we figured why not start trying. The first 2 months were awesome. She would go on the potty 2-4 times a day even went "poo poo" twice. Then she got sick with pneumonia and would have a melt down anytime we went by the potty...
    We just started up again this week, I am hoping we can really concentrate on it this summer.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • SJandVASJandVA member
    Not even close. DD2 is doing things slower than DD1 and even many of the kiddos on the board. She just always seems a couple months behind. DD1 was poop potty trained at 24 months. She first got interested around 20 months. But it took a while for her to become fully trained.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Loading the player...
  • MoFreeMoFree member
    DD has started using the potty in full force this week and is only wearing cloth training pants during the day. She is a little older than many of the kids on here since she was a preemie. I think that using CDs makes her more aware of being wet , thus the interest in PT.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My two have no interest and like fighting me over diaper changes. That's amazing your kids are so ready!
  • *I don't hear you lalalala*

Potty training is not going on over here. Not even close. We have a lot to get settled still after our cross country move, there is no way I'm attempting that shit. (Pun intended hah!)

• We aren't potty training. We do have a potty though that he sits on fully clothed when we go to the bathroom.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2 BFP 8/23/14, EDD 5/1/15, M/C 9/17/14 - Forever in our hearts <3

• Our lo is showing signs too. Grabbing the diaper when wet, following us to the bathroom, sitting on the toilet. We are going to attempt slowly this summer when we are off, so we can be consistent which I think will help.

1999- Dx Prolactinoma

8-25-2012 - Lucas born via C-section at 38 Weeks 2 days
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• DS is very interested in the potty, too, but we have encouraged it. we have the potty in the bathroom, as well as a seat reducer, and he spends some time every night in underwear so that he associates the feeling of needing to go with going. he likes to sit on the seat reducer and pretend to wipe with toilet paper. we always point out when he's pooping, but sometimes he tells us that he pooped. i will wait for more signs that he's interested (he is very determined/stubborn, so i'm sure that he will let us know!) before we really push it. i do want to let him spend more time naked or in undies over the summer, so hopefully that will help.
  • sdlaurasdlaura member
    edited May 2014
    Our daycare provider has started working on it a bit with DD, so she's starting to get it and if you put her on the potty she'll usually pee. But I don't think she can anticipate it yet. I'm in no hurry.b.
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • My DS has no interest in the potty. I am thinking of getting him a potty chair to see if he shows interest in one that is sized for him but I am not going to push it yet. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Toni79Toni79 member

DD has been showing "some" interest in the past month.  She's pretty much always followed me in there and uses the paper to wipe her butt or her nose!  She points to the potty and identifies it as "potty".  And if I say that I have to go potty, she'll point to herself and say "N potty".  But she does this anytime she wants to be included (like "N outside",etc).

DD will tell me AFTER she's pooped.  Sometimes she'll tell me WAY WAY before she poops.  Like 30 -60 mins,  She'll say poop, and I'll check her thinking that maybe she's pooped, but she hasn't.  So I'm not sure if she's telling me she has to, or if she's just being silly.

Honestly though with her transitioning to day care just recently I really didn't want to start something "new" that could cause anxiety or stress, etc.  She's only been at the DC for 2 weeks (3 days each week), and is still getting used to everything.  If she were still being watched by a family member I probably would get her a potty to start getting used to the idea.

Her teacher at DC did ask me if she showed any interest yet in the potty.  They usually start potty training when they move to the 2 year old room.  But she agreed holding off for a few more weeks until she gets more comfortable with DC.

Curious ... what potties and seat reducers did you all get?  I haven't even looked at them yet!  UG!

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• ks3pinkks3pink member
    Drake is starting to show some signs but Bentley hasn't yet. I am sure once I start working with one the other won't be far behind. We actually looked at potties tonight! (Right after we bought our three boxes of 156 count diapers for the month!)
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • alakealake member
    edited May 2014
    I start at 18 months.  Eryn is completely day trained as of a week ago.  I still put her in a diaper at night and probably will until 22 months or so, when she is dry at night.
    DD1 was fully trained when DD2 showed up when she was twenty months old.
    DD2 was day trained at 20 months, but had night time struggles until about 26 months.
  • not even close. We have a potty to get him used to it being there, but that is it. He hates the thing and cries if you put him on it. lol
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"