Colorado Babies

Paying to Attend Kindergarten in Denver

I'm  not a mom yet, but I was wondering about the kindergarten rules in Denver (Jefferson and Denver County).  My friend is moving here next month and she has a son who will be 5 this summer, so he'll be starting kindergarten.  She said that apparently you have to PAY for your kid to go to kindergarten AT A PUBLIC SCHOOL!  What's up with that?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image  image
BFP 5/08/13 -- EDD 1/15/14 -- slow hb@7wks d&c 6/07/13
BFP 8/12/13 -- EDD 4/20/14 -- no fetal pole @7wksnatural m/c 9/16/13, cytotec 10/17 & 10/22
BFP 11/26/13 -- EDD 8/07/14 -- Born 7/24/14!

Re: Paying to Attend Kindergarten in Denver

• NaniebeansNaniebeans member
    edited May 2014
    In DPS, Half day is free. Full day you have to pay. Not sure about Jeffco. https://earlyeducation.dpsk12.org/about-kindergarten/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kindergarten is not required in many states, therefore full day is a tuition-based program - Colorado is not alone in this. Each district does offer a few no-pay classes at specific schools - check the district websites.
  • Loading the player...
  • as PP said, you only have to pay for the whole day.   Even if your school only offers full day, you can send your kiddo for half day only and not pay.  Tuition is based on income.  There are like 7 different levels, based on family size and income. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"