August 2012 Moms
Options

Bowel issues

Does anyone do Culturelle with your LO? We are having bowel issues in this house. LO will go some days where he poops 5 times and they are somewhat soft. Some days he doesn't go at all and then the other days, he is grunting so hard he's bright red. When he's doing that, when you change his diaper, it's barely anything. I called the pedi the other day and they said to try Culturelle. I've tried the yogurt with probiotics in it, he drinks a lot of water, he's being very picky with foods lately. He does eat a lot of cheese, but it's pretty much the only thing that he will eat, if given to him. He doesn't like any fruits, besides mandarin oranges. Help, please!

Re: Bowel issues

• Options
    We have used it in the past.  I really like it, but it is kind of pricey.  I was shocked and had no idea it was that expensive.

Yeah, I was surprised when I saw the price. I'm going to have to buy it, so I just have to suck it up. At least it's 30-day supply. :)
  • Options
    you could try starting with chewable acidophilus and see if that helps. they make cherry-flavored chewables-- this brand is often half-price at my supermarket and ends up being about $4 a bottle. i've been giving them to DS because he just came off antibiotics for an ear infection, and he loves them. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD is like this. She will poop one day and its soft and other days she will be crying because it huts her so bad and then she has a rock hard poop that is one big chunk. She gets a sippy of prune juice every day, which seems to be helping a bit.

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I use it but more to keep them healthy for daycare Bc they are on antibiotics and sick so much. But they eat that Stoneyfield yogurt daily and that has similar effects. Could you try fruit pouches? My kids love them! When they have a hard bm I give them baby prunes which they like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"