March 2012 Moms
Options

Repeating

Quick speech question.  Does your LO repeat words/phrases over and over until you repeat it back to them?  For example, DD will say "Take Tito (dog) for a walk!" and if I answer, "Sure!" she will continue to repeat the phrase until I say "Take Tito for a walk".  Just wondering if this is "normal".  I can't really find any information about it.  

I just want to be able to say, "Yes!" or "That's right!" and feel like we are actually having a conversation instead of just repeating things.

Re: Repeating

• Options
    It makes sense. We are contstantly saying to them, "say, 'yes, please' or whatever it is you want  them to repeat to say it the polite or right way. Or having them repeat back directions so you know they understand. DD does it to me sometimes.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    ZimgerZimger member
    Yes, DS does it all the time. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kaleb87kaleb87 member
    Oh my goodness yes! Awhile back she started asking for daddy during the day. I just brushed it off and told her daddy is feeding the cows. Now everyday, multiple times a day I hear, daddy feed cows. If I don't say yeah, she is on instant repeat. I can't say much nowadays I feel like I am on constant repeat of saying, no!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    eyenigheyenigh member
    I usually try to answer by saying "Yes" and then repeating his phrase so he gets the affirmation both my way and his. I think a lot of the repetition also comes from the fact that whatever they want, they want it now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yes, DS does this. I actually do it a lot anyway just to make sure I'm understanding him correctly!
  • Options
    OK, we are not crazy parrots over here.  Thanks, everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"