May 2014 Moms

Anyone doing Zumba?

Zumba has always been my go to exercise. I kinda laid off when a WIC nutritionist told me is wasn't a good idea. I checked with my dr and she said as long as I felt comfortable and it wasn't hard core cray movement than I should be fine. I haven't done it religiously but here and there thru out pregnancy. I did it this morning and it was a struggle but I didn't push myself hard so I wouldn't hurt baby or I. But man I man I'm in so much pain now like as if she dropped in that 30 mins no matter if I am sitting standing walking or laying down my hips are hurting so bad. Just wondering if anyone else had tried this so late in the game? (37 weeks)

Re: Anyone doing Zumba?

• I taught zumba 3 times a week up through 36 weeks!  At that point it was getting too tough to keep up teaching, but I did go to a friends class last night - I'm 38.5 weeks and it while it was HARD for sure, it felt really good to get my blood pumping.  I just took it easy and took the moves at my own pace.  If I'm still pregnant (and feeling good) next week, I'll probably go again.  Good luck!!! :) 
  • I did Zumba a couple times a week until around 32 weeks when I hurt my back (not doing Zumba). I am 40 weeks today and 30 min of walking is pretty all I can do. I can't wait to get back into it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had just started getting into a routine of it when I got pregnant and found the workout pretty intense so I wasn't comfortable continuing it. I've just been sticking with yoga, which I've also kind of given up on in the last couple of months :( Really looking forward to getting back in shape!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did it up until 36 weeks when my BP started giving me fits so my doctor told me to cool it. I miss it but it was getting really hard. Does it look like she's dropped to you? I went on a walk on Sunday and had a lot of hip pain and pressure afterwards and I was thinking the same thing about my LO, but I still can't tell if he's dropped or not. Hope you feel better!
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I was doing it religiously until doc put me on activity restriction in first trimester and I had to stop. 
    I'm so anxious to get back into it after LO gets here, though! My instructor attended my shower and gave me a 10 class pass for her studio so I just have to wait for D Day and then the go ahead from my doc!

• awc1986awc1986 member
    I haven't done it throughout my pregnancy but will be taking it up again to help get rid of baby weight. I do it at home on the wii, so baby will be looking at me like WTF?!

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• hatratshatrats member
    I did up until about a month ago.  The last time I went, about halfway through the class, I was like... Whoa.  I thought about going a few times since then, but it had gotten really uncomfortable so I thought better of it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • gerlam5gerlam5 member
    I too did it until a month ago when i started to cramp up after 1-2 songs
  • I'm so envious!!  I was a Zumba enthusiast before getting pregnant but had so much nausea throughout pregnancy so I haven't been since September.  I'm sure I'd pass out on the floor if I even attempted it now!  I really can't wait to go back though once baby is born and I'm feeling up to it...  good for you ladies that stuck with it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"