December 2014 Moms
Options

No U/S at first appointment

Boo. I've heard this is doctor preference, but I was really hoping they'd do one today so that we could hear the heartbeat or see something. My husband was really looking forward to it too. They say everything is totally fine and that everything looks/feels healthy, which we're obviously really excited about!

Anyone else this far along with no sight of baby yet?
~~BBinBoston~~

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: No U/S at first appointment

• Options
    ZAP12ZAP12 member
    I've had my first appointment and no ultrasound. My next one is in 2 weeks and they will use the Doppler. If they can't find the hb, they will get the u/s out.
    Baby Z: 5/21/12

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

**December 2014 September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall - Fall Leaves and Apple Cider**
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Had my first appointment today, dr said she likes to do the first u/s at 9 weeks, so 2 more weeks for me. She did an exam and said that everything looks and feels healthy. Bummed I didn't get to hear the heartbeat but also grateful that LO and I are both healthy enough to not warrant an early look

Married 07.12.14
    Hannah 12.09.14
    Baby #2 Due 06.18.16
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Unless there is a history of miscarriage or early problems, or signs of possible problems then usually doctors will wait because of insurance.
    Most insurances have a limit on number of paid US on healthy pregnancies. And different dr's have different opinions on the vital weeks for an ultrasound.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image image image image image image
  • Options
    I'm 8w3d and my first appointment isn't until the 12th, so no u/s for me either :-(
  • Options
    Super normal… unless you have a medical reason, like unsure of LMP… there is really no reason to do an ultrasound. 
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Options
    It's normal. I only had one early because I was skeptical about my due date based on LMP (I was right--my due date was moved back two weeks). Otherwise, they wouldn't have done it until at least 10 weeks, I think. 
    Nov 17 BMB May Siggy Challenge: Mother's Day Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kayak11kayak11 member
    Most docs will do an early ultrasound if there is a history of loss. I had my first appt today for bloodwork and a review of medical history. My first ultrasound is next week (just over 9 wks) to measure baby/determine accurate due date. I'll have the NT scan at the end of the month (just over 12 wks).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    JaymeeLH said:
    Had my first appointment today, dr said she likes to do the first u/s at 9 weeks, so 2 more weeks for me. She did an exam and said that everything looks and feels healthy. Bummed I didn't get to hear the heartbeat but also grateful that LO and I are both healthy enough to not warrant an early look

This is exactly what happened to me yesterday!

* June TTGP siggy *

sweet home alabama photo: notebook Alabama.jpg

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

BFP: 4/21/14|EDD: 12/23/14

Heartbeat: 5/7/14|Lost @ 9 wks: 5/21/14
    D&C: 5/22/14
  • Options
    With my son, I didnt have one at the OB until 12 weeks, I think?

With this one, Ive had 3 but I am also an IF patient.
  • Options
    hthomas17hthomas17 member
    edited May 2014

Yes :(

My 1st appt was on Monday. I was so dissapointed when they told me they weren't going to get one...

Edit: - I AM really happy they said everthing else looks good. :)

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Oh no! My 1st appt isn't til the 21st and I was under the impression that they did one! I'm going to be SO upset if they don't. Doc might wanna watch out...
  • Options
    erynpdxerynpdx member
    I'm mostly grateful that they very clearly told me what to expect at my first appointment (Monday!).  We're not even having an exam or meeting with the midwife, just talking with a nurse and the financial person to go over everything.  Obviously would be nice to see or hear some evidence beyond this fatigue and the stabby boobs, but I'm glad I'm not going in expecting or even hoping for it.  My MW does the doppler at 10-12 weeks for HB, so that will be early June for me. 
    However! I am excited to check out the office and such, I think it will start to make it feel more real!
  • Options
    mkc1212mkc1212 member
    My first appointment isn't until I am 10 weeks. I can't wait. Hurry up June 3rd!!
  • Options
    Yup, same here. They didn't feel the need to do a dating ultrasound because I was charting and they assumed it was close enough. Oh well, we'll get them eventually.
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

• Options
    I won't get my first u/s until 20 weeks. Next doctors appt I will be 11 weeks and they said they will use the Doppler then for the heartbeat.

image      BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My doctor does a dating u/s around 6 weeks. First full appt at 8w and then we go from there. I guess this is unusual? Haha.
  • Options
    jeny17jeny17 member
    I had a phone appt @ 7 weeks, had to wait for first actual appt with dr @ 9 weeks (this past tues) & she did an ultrasound. My jelly bean measured @ 9 weeks, strong heartbeat, due Dec 2nd. My first!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"