December 2013 Moms

WTF Wednesday

We haven't done one of these in awhile.  What's irritating you today?

Lilypie - (V9Ze)

Re: WTF Wednesday

• It's been raining since Monday.  It's not going to stop until noon on Friday.

DD is either teething or suffering a really intense existential crisis about the nothingness of being. Either way, it's a pretty loud affair.

I'm tired.
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Loading the player...
  • Ughhhh a kid that hits 4 other kids in one day??! Nothing is a freaking punishment! And the principal is gone today. Done. With. Today.

"Dont fucking ever come out your face talking shit like that" -SG 1/12/2014

• Wtf bump randomly logging me out.
    Wtf LO, up basically all night, had a little sleep from 6:30 till 8:30 and now you are full of energy. I am beyond knackered. I am contemplating making coffee (I don't drink it and I duck at making it).

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ashleynh5 said:
    Mmc0323 said:
    @SweetSouthernMomma08‌ did you see the lady that knit with her vagina. She held the string up there. Even when she had her period. For real.
    This is exactly what I thought of when I read that. :-& I can't
    Right? I hope she's not trying to make a nice white scarf.
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• jy725jy725 member
    I'm glad you posted this NP! I don't mind the spam threads (and I do participate in them from time to time) but I was worried that all of our other regular threads were dying off because of them.

Same complaints as everyone else today: it's cold, it won't stop raining, and my hair will not stop falling out!  Also, I had to go to the dentist during lunch today.
  • The girl in the other thread. So much more I wanted to say....

The solid feeding thread? Me too but the board doesn't need more drama.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • WTF April 30th! It's nearly snowing out! :((
    We've just had that conversation over and done with SO MANY TIMES.  It's irritating when someone comes in and just assumes they know everything that's been said before.  I had to stop reading after page 2.
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Wtf stomach virus?!
    Two out of three kids have it. DS is attempting to potty train also which means I have cleaned up multiple puddles of shit today.....PUDDLES OF SHIT, guise. Barf! Oh yeah, they're doing that too.
    imageimageimageimage
  • LO has thrush for the third time - WTF?  She had it at 1 mo, 2 mo and now 4 mo.  She is not breastfed and I sterilize all of her nipples and pacifiers every night.  Why does it keep coming back?  Now I get to give her diflucan again for 14 days which upsets her tummy and makes her fussy.  Pair this with the 4MW and the beginning of teething and it should make for a fun 2 weeks!  And on top of that we're currently packing up our house and moving in with my parents for 5 months.  I will need all the wine.  And whatever other alcoholic drink I can find.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jy725jy725 member
    Wtf stomach virus?! Two out of three kids have it. DS is attempting to potty train also which means I have cleaned up multiple puddles of shit today.....PUDDLES OF SHIT, guise. Barf! Oh yeah, they're doing that too.
    disgusted gif photo: ew! (Gyllenhaal) tumblr_lvj7s8kGby1r0tnbbo1_500.gif
  • Mine today is I had a job interview scheduled at 12. The manager who set it up with me picked the time. I woke up early, spruced myself up and showed up 10mins early. He wasn't there. The lady working told me he would be right back. I waited.......40mins. Then this girl walks up to me with her phone tells me he is on the phone for me. He tells me he was making an errand and got called to the corporate office and now has no idea when he will be back to do my interview. I should go home and he will call me when he gets back to the store and I can come back and do the interview then. So its now 2pm my time and I still have not received a call. I am thinking this was a bust day. I am conflicted on if he calls if I should go in for the interview or not. I don't know if this is typical behavior but I don't know that I want to work for someone like this. Also the fact that he clearly does not value my time kind of rubs me wrong. So now here I am sitting at home in my interview clothes waiting.........WWYD ladies? 
  • suzalie said:

LO has thrush for the third time - WTF?  She had it at 1 mo, 2 mo and now 4 mo.  She is not breastfed and I sterilize all of her nipples and pacifiers every night.  Why does it keep coming back?  Now I get to give her diflucan again for 14 days which upsets her tummy and makes her fussy.  Pair this with the 4MW and the beginning of teething and it should make for a fun 2 weeks!  And on top of that we're currently packing up our house and moving in with my parents for 5 months.  I will need all the wine.  And whatever other alcoholic drink I can find.

I was fighting the same battle with my LO, not breasted, sterilize bottles, etc. does your LO fall asleep while drinking her bottle? I was told sometimes they get it from milk sitting in their mouth. Mine does this.
  • megsswm good advice! I guess I am just irritated is all. 
  • WTF 4 MW!!! You suck. My baby needs to sleep.

Jill (36) Wife to Joe (36) Mom to: Alyssa (forever 10) Jacob (10) Baby Due 12/31/13 Pregnancy Ticker

• wmarley said:

I haven't been back to the bump since... December? Started lurking a few weeks ago and sick of lurking soo...

WTF daycare provider? You post on FB "Being a part time mommy of 3 is hard!" You are NOT a part time Mommy to my child. You're his babysitter... WTF...?

umm, wow, yeah WTF is right.  providing daycare =/= being a mom.  I'd be actually angry if anyone who watched my kid said that.
  • WTF self!  Quit eating everything in sight!  I swear you're getting bigger, not smaller, you need to stop, like yesterday. 
    I got this same problem, I keep blaming it the last few days on the fact that my AF is coming :( But yes I eat all the things and then it makes me sad and when I am sad I eat so its a vicious cycle! 
  • Mine today is I had a job interview scheduled at 12. The manager who set it up with me picked the time. I woke up early, spruced myself up and showed up 10mins early. He wasn't there. The lady working told me he would be right back. I waited.......40mins. Then this girl walks up to me with her phone tells me he is on the phone for me. He tells me he was making an errand and got called to the corporate office and now has no idea when he will be back to do my interview. I should go home and he will call me when he gets back to the store and I can come back and do the interview then. So its now 2pm my time and I still have not received a call. I am thinking this was a bust day. I am conflicted on if he calls if I should go in for the interview or not. I don't know if this is typical behavior but I don't know that I want to work for someone like this. Also the fact that he clearly does not value my time kind of rubs me wrong. So now here I am sitting at home in my interview clothes waiting.........WWYD ladies? 
    Everything @megsswm said. You never know -- it could turn out to be great!  And hey, you got out of the house on your own for awhile which is more than I can say for myself this week!
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • WTF tooth! I'm in so much pain and am having a root canal tomorrow. I'm so scared of going. I hate the dentist.

WTF cost of a root canal. We don't currently have insurance and it is so expensive! :((

WTF allergies. Please stop making my babies miserable.
    @cambury108

In my industry "fires" come up often, and unfortunately, we often have to reschedule candidates or leave them waiting for long periods of time, often at the last minute.  It's often outside of our control.  When I interviewed at my current company one person missed their window and another started 30min after the scheduled time.  At my level I interview and I am guilty of doing this, or being asked to take someone else's slot and not being able to thus leaving a candidate with 45min of downtime.  What matters is how the company and manager handles it.  I would give him the benefit of the doubt, but now you know to ask questions about how the specific role you are interviewing for would be in terms of fluidity or how dynamic the environment and day to day work can be, is it seasonal, etc.. Unfortunately people always say that it means the interviewer doesn't value their time, but remember there's a ton of other external factors and pressures he is dealing with right now outside of the interview.
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• VCGolfNYC said:
    Mine today is I had a job interview scheduled at 12. The manager who set it up with me picked the time. I woke up early, spruced myself up and showed up 10mins early. He wasn't there. The lady working told me he would be right back. I waited.......40mins. Then this girl walks up to me with her phone tells me he is on the phone for me. He tells me he was making an errand and got called to the corporate office and now has no idea when he will be back to do my interview. I should go home and he will call me when he gets back to the store and I can come back and do the interview then. So its now 2pm my time and I still have not received a call. I am thinking this was a bust day. I am conflicted on if he calls if I should go in for the interview or not. I don't know if this is typical behavior but I don't know that I want to work for someone like this. Also the fact that he clearly does not value my time kind of rubs me wrong. So now here I am sitting at home in my interview clothes waiting.........WWYD ladies? 
    @cambury108

In my industry "fires" come up often, and unfortunately, we often have to reschedule candidates or leave them waiting for long periods of time, often at the last minute.  It's often outside of our control.  When I interviewed at my current company one person missed their window and another started 30min after the scheduled time.  At my level I interview and I am guilty of doing this, or being asked to take someone else's slot and not being able to thus leaving a candidate with 45min of downtime.  What matters is how the company and manager handles it.  I would give him the benefit of the doubt, but now you know to ask questions about how the specific role you are interviewing for would be in terms of fluidity or how dynamic the environment and day to day work can be, is it seasonal, etc.. Unfortunately people always say that it means the interviewer doesn't value their time, but remember there's a ton of other external factors and pressures he is dealing with right now outside of the interview.
    If he calls back for the interview I will go in and give it, weather I would take the job or not I am rusty on my interviewing skills because I have not had to do this for almost 4 years. It will help me more than hinder me at this point. I will be sure to ask him questions about the day to day inside operations of this company. I understand he is short staffed so I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. I just have that "dressed up and no where to go" feeling. I don't think this is his normal behavior, the other employees there seemed shocked he left me "hanging" for so long. But with the perks of this job even if it was I might be tempted to take it while I look for something else in the meantime. I won't lie were financially tight, I should have went back to work quite awhile ago but just couldn't force myself to do so and I also had a medical reason that I no longer have. So I guess we see if he calls me for the interview or not and then go from there. Thanks for your advice. 
  • @Mac2588 - Julia falls asleep drinking her bottle every night at bedtime, and usually in her MOTN feeding as well.  Maybe we need to start trying to keep her awake while eating so hopefully the thrush doesn't come back after this round of meds.  I'll try anything because I'm over this damn infection!
    We've just had that conversation over and done with SO MANY TIMES.  It's irritating when someone comes in and just assumes they know everything that's been said before.  I had to stop reading after page 2.
    But you should totally read until the last response because I posted a picture of little guy eating spare ribs. I think its pretty darling! @mamagplus4chix, you are always right on point with everything, great response to her.

• suzalie said:
    LO has thrush for the third time - WTF?  She had it at 1 mo, 2 mo and now 4 mo.  She is not breastfed and I sterilize all of her nipples and pacifiers every night.  Why does it keep coming back?  Now I get to give her diflucan again for 14 days which upsets her tummy and makes her fussy.  Pair this with the 4MW and the beginning of teething and it should make for a fun 2 weeks!  And on top of that we're currently packing up our house and moving in with my parents for 5 months.  I will need all the wine.  And whatever other alcoholic drink I can find.
    Does your LO get the white junk on her tongue? My LO gets all bottles, and I sterilize but I've noticed he has tons of white junk on his tongue.  Not really sure if it's thrush...what does it look like?
  • WTF ...."New" Receptionist! You've been with the company  7 months now... YOU CAN NO LONGER PLAY THE NEW CARD! Sorry, but you're no longer "just learning" you're dumb... It really grinds my gears to answer 5+ questions a day that I've already taught you 5x... ughh If I was your boss *CANNED* WTF....
  • WTF Dec. 13. Telling me to GTFO only makes me want to post more.
  • Wtf @sarelnad you still haven't told us what medical training you have? How about you riddle me that before you say another word. We don't take kindly to people making blind judgements on our board. So either tell us what godly credentials you have or, ya know....
  • @MGalles - the white stuff only on the tongue is often just formula residue.  Julia's thrush is white patches all over the inside of her lips and some patches on the inside of her cheeks.  They don't come off easily and if they do, they're red underneath. 
  • @Cambury108 I would not go back to that interview. I agree with you, he does not value your time. That happened to me one time and I honestly couldn't believe it and didn't accept the job. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"