November 2014 Moms
Options

Group appointments

Got a call today asking if I wanted to sign up for group appointments. Basically I'll be in a room once a month with a group of other ladies that are in the same stage of pregnancy as myself. Perhaps I will make new friends! But I'll be honest, there were two things that made me say yes, sign me up......snacks and door prizes. Oh and also because I signed up my appointment was bumped up a week. I get to see my sweet baby again on the 14th instead of the 21st.  

Re: Group appointments

• Options
    I love other pregnant moms, I would totally do it!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • Options
    We have a neat birth program in our area that does things this way.  It gets rave reviews.  Everyone gets a free doula....   there are midwives and a few doctors on staff...   And then there are those group appointments.  We actually were accepted to the program...  but had already committed to another midwifery clinic right down the street.  (I **think** I made the right choice...   But maybe not....  ;)
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not entirely sure. I will know better when I have my first one. I know I will be seeing my doctor and doing my normal appointment stuff by myself. This is probably just some sort of support group thing. A place where we can ask questions and compare and make new friends maybe 
  • Options
    This sounds awesome!!
    Mom to Carter, Kendall, Kiersten and Baby O #4

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @excitedpreggo12

I know!  The free doula thing was definitely attractive. 

The thing that swayed me to the midwifery practice down the street is that it is SO similar to the one we used in 2007.  My experience there was flawless, and I didn't want to ruin that by changing things up for this baby!

As for changing midwifery groups....  The first time I was pregnant I went to talk to a few different ones.  Then when I decided, I just let the others know who I was going with --- no hard feelings.  If you want to change -- then change.  Just let them know you are moving on.  If they gently ask why (sometimes they do so they can make improvements) tell them whatever you feel comfortable telling them.  (Even if the new one is just in a better location!) 
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Options
    Interesting idea!
    TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"