May 2014 Moms
Options

Magic Eraser

A big thank you to whomever mentioned using a magic eraser for cleaning stainless steel. I tried it last night and my appliances look new! None of the stainless steel cleaners I've tried have ever gotten them this clean. You have no idea how happy this makes me!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Magic Eraser

• Options
    I just used the magic eraser for the first time and am in LOVE.  We had scratch marks all up and down our stairwell from an old tenant moving out and thought we'd have to paint to get rid of them.  If only we'd made this discovery 3 years ago, haha!

Once baby is here, ALL THE CHAMPAGNE will be mine.
  • Options
    I'm going to have a buy a bunch. Sounds like they works miracles on just about everything!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I just used the magic eraser for the first time and am in LOVE.  We had scratch marks all up and down our stairwell from an old tenant moving out and thought we'd have to paint to get rid of them.  If only we'd made this discovery 3 years ago, haha!

Must try on our walls where DS has gotten scuff marks.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Options
    The target brand erasers work well! I heart magic erasers.
    I was just going to ask if anyone has used the off-brand Magic Erasers. I saw some Kirkland brand ones at Costco on Monday and was really tempted to buy them, but I'm too cheap to buy the "real" ones. Saving $2 on something is like winning the lottery to me. 
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    I love them! I use them on shoes, walls, doors. So many places! For anyone who has white appliances....they work great on the grime on them. It's the only thing that can keep my refrigerator handle clean. Love love them.
  • Options
    Miles2Go said:
    Just be careful on your walls. You can scrub hard enough to take the paint off. Go ahead. Ask me how I know ;)
    I, too, know this all too well!
    Please explain. 

Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. 
    It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. - Elizabeth Stone
  • Options
    jenb_99jenb_99 member
    edited April 2014

Miles2Go said:

Just be careful on your walls. You can scrub hard enough to take the paint off.
    Go ahead. Ask me how I know ;)

Please explain. 

--------------------quote box fail--------------------

Self-explanatory. They scrub so well they can remove paint from walls. You're also never to use them on skin because they can cause abrasions and bleeding, especially on children and the elderly.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    jenb_99 said:
    Miles2Go said:
    Just be careful on your walls. You can scrub hard enough to take the paint off. Go ahead. Ask me how I know ;)
    Please explain. 
    --------------------quote box fail-------------------- Self-explanatory. They scrub so well they can remove paint from walls. You're also never to use them on skin because they can cause abrasions and bleeding, especially on children and the elderly.
    And are poisonous if consumed by pets or children.

I love the cleaning capabilities, but they need to be locked away from little fingers and four-legged sniffers.
    3/29/12 - Married my soulmate
    BFP #1 - 3/23/13 // EDD - 11/27/13 // M/MC - 5/3/13 // D&C - 5/4/13
    BFP #2 - 8/26/13 // EDD - 5/10/14 // Born 5/18/14

image    image    image

• Options
    I just learned to clean the stainless steel with straight vinegar. Then rub it (with the grain) until it shines with some olive oil on a rag. Did it for the first time last weekend and I couldn't be more impressed!
  • Options
    Yes, I am in a few co-ops on FB and just bought 200 off brand erasers for $.08 each! Lol. We use them in school as our dry erase board erasers too.
    Baby #2 is on the way!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby #1!
    Charles Edward 4/13/12 
    9 lbs 2 oz 22 & 3/4 inches
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    jenb_99 said:
    Miles2Go said:
    Please explain. 
    --------------------quote box fail-------------------- Self-explanatory. They scrub so well they can remove paint from walls. You're also never to use them on skin because they can cause abrasions and bleeding, especially on children and the elderly.

Lol. I understand if you scrub hard enough you can remove paint from the walls. I thought these two ladies might of had some crazy gunk on their walls that caused them to scrub so hard.

Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. 
    It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. - Elizabeth Stone
  • Options
      I just found my next nesting project!! Also works great on cars and rims. I have been a huge advocate of Magic Erasers for years!
    I need to tell DH this! He introduced me to the magic of Magic Erasers but I don't think he's ever tried it on the car.
  • Options
    becole42 said:
    They also work to take off paint if you drop paint where it isn't wanted, like on your nursery furniture. :)
    Good point! I wonder if I can use them on the hardwood floors where the previous homeowner dripped paint and was too lazy to clean it up? I will try tonight!

(sigh...but let's be honest, i probably wont because it involves crouching on the ground and I don't like doing that right now, so I'll keep this in mind for future Jenn instead)

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    kat8805kat8805 member
    Just a word of warning though, the magic eraser is essentially a bar of fine sand paper. Hence why it will take off your paint if scrubbed too hard.
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"