July 2014 Moms

IVF Girls Check-In

Hey Ladies!  :)

What's new this week?  Anything going on in your life you'd like to share?  Any new symptoms appearing or disappearing? 

GTKY: What's up with your wardrobe?  Have you made the complete switch to maternity clothes yet?  Do you love them or hate them?  Did you go on a shopping binge, or are you getting by with just a few pieces? 

Maladroit  due 7/3, singleton, boy
TheMicster  due 7/4, singleton, boy
Csltdk due 7/5, singleton, girl
BBColt78  due7/9, singleton, girl
PregsMcSnoozalot due 7/11, singleton, boy
RKSnyder due 7/11, singleton, girl
Kristinwhit due 7/11, singleton
brittajeanetta due 7/14, singleton, girl
LuluPMW due 7/17, twins, girls
brooklynesque due 7/18, singleton, girl
missilini due 7/18, singleton, girl
lks18 due 7/22, twins, girls
Kabee4 due 7/24, singleton, boy
singingirl96 due 7/24, singleton, girl
SuperTinkerham due 7/26, singleton, boy
krdesi due 7/27, singleton, boy
Dream123456778 due 7/27, singleton
Ylvelill due 7/29, twins, boy and girl
littlemissmarla due 7/30, singleton, girl
mexibell due 7/30, triplets
loupgarou due 8/1, twins, girls
hels due 8/2, singleton, girl

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: IVF Girls Check-In

• What's new this week?  Anything going on in your life you'd like to share?  Any new symptoms appearing or disappearing? 

- Hmm, lets see. I start my every 2 week doctor appointments this Friday, so that's kind of exciting. It's my hubby's bday this weekend so we are going to do a little celebrating, and then next weekend I have my Maternity photo-shoot. I'm so excited! Praying the weather holds up! 

Symptoms... well, baby is all over the place. His little footsies love my rib cage, which makes it hard for mama to breathe and get comfortable even when sitting. I never had a lot of symptoms to begin with so nothing has really disappeared. I'm just really tired. 

GTKY: What's up with your wardrobe?  Have you made the complete switch to maternity clothes yet?  Do you love them or hate them?  Did you go on a shopping binge, or are you getting by with just a few pieces?

- Oh yes! Maternity clothes all the way! I put on my old college shirts to lounge in and those are even riding up rather quickly, ha. Maternity shirts, love them! Maternity pants, hate them! I do not care to spend more than $25 on a pair of maternity pants, so buying the expensive ones that they say do not fall down is out of the question. I can't wait for the weather to clear up and all I'll have to wear is Maxi dresses, YES!!! I've probably bought two shirts, and received three. I've bought two maternity maxi dresses, and three pairs of maternity jeans. I've also received a few items from my best friend. I'm dealing with it so far, but I have a feeling as my belly grows I'm going to need to step up my game! 
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

* Our IVF Miracle* 
    BFP 10/26/2014
    HB's 138, 176, 148, and 151
  • YlvelillYlvelill member
    edited April 2014
    What's new this week? Anything going on in your life you'd like to share? Any new symptoms appearing or disappearing?

Not much going on here, family went home Monday after the shower, it was great to see them.

GTKY: What's up with your wardrobe?Have you made the complete switch to maternity clothes yet? Do you love them or hate them? Did you go on a shopping binge, or are you getting by with just a few pieces?

I am mostly just in comfy pants and oversized te-shirts. I did buy a new dress for the shower and a set if pants. I think I am just cheap, but I can't see buy a ton now with just a few months to go.

Hope you are all doing well this week.
  • Loading the player...
  • What's new this week?  Anything going on in your life you'd like to share?  Any new symptoms appearing or disappearing? 

Soooooooo, tired.  I feel super run-down and bad today.  I think I'm going to call out tomorrow and rest.  They say listen to your body, and my body is saying "REST, damnit!"  I go to see my OB/Gyn today after school today and hopefully we'll be able to figure out the day for my c section.  That will be nice to know  :)   

As far as symptoms go, I have actually been sleeping really well lately.  I don't know what the heck!!  I take like an hour-2 hour long nap after school (if I don't have a doc appointment....starting to see the MFM twice a week now) , and then I have been sleeping through the night with 1-2 pee breaks and 1-2 toss n' turn sessions.  This is a VAST improvement over the 1st and 2nd tri where I slept terribly, constantly tossing and turning, hardly getting any deep sleep at all.  They say 3rd tri is bad for sleeping, but so far so good for me!

Unfortunately, now that I'm off bedrest, the foot/ankle swelling has returned...

I'm still hanging on to a few non-maternity pieces that I can wear, but the selection that still fits is dwindling in a major way.  I have lots of stretchy knee-lengthish dresses that I've been wearing, but now that my bump is so big, it pulls them up in the front to scandalously short levels.  I mean, I do live in Miami, the land of slutty dressers, but it's just not my style...plus I'm a school teacher!  
    So I've been digging into my maternity stuff I bought back in December when I was super excited about getting a belly.  Of course, it's all thick fabrics and all black stuff, since I bought in the winter....and let me just say, it's not so comfy in the 95 degree humid tropics.  So now I have like 5 outfits I can wear total  :(  Argh...

FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!

I found a daycare I really liked- but the price may be too much. My arthritis is flaring up really bad, and I am scared I am going to be on a cane by the end of pregnancy.

I'm almost completely in maternity clothes. I've gone on a few shopping binges. I just ordered 2 new dresses and a couple pairs of jeans. And I think I am ordering this for my shower - I have a bubble gum pink shrug that will cover up my hamhocks.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• @SuperTinkerham   LOVE that dress!  Super cute and spring-y!  :)

• @SuperTinkerham   LOVE that dress!  Super cute and spring-y!  :)
    The best part is that they custom make it for you, so they will make sure it fits me even if it isn't officially maternity clothes.

https://www.eshakti.com/

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• hey all!

What's new this week?  Anything going on in your life you'd like to share?  Any new symptoms appearing or disappearing? 

27weeks today and i found out i passed my glucose test! yay! i think i'm have some RLP/stretching again.. either that or the baby likes to keep a foot down where my ovary is! but yea it's not constant or timeable, not like cramps but if i move quickly or bend certain ways i feel some pain.. just annoying. LO is a maniac, she is moving at all hours of the day, which i've grown quite accustomed to - so when she wedges herself down low and i can't feel her as much i get all anxiety ridden.

I have switched to about 50% maternity and i love it! so much more comfy than trying to wear regular clothes.. i want to go on a shopping binge but maternity clothes are ridiculously expensive! I was so made because i bought a cute pair of black maternity pants from old navy online and they ended up being like 9$.. they had a zipper by the ankle! so cute.. i wore them for 2 hours and the seam opened up by the knee in 2 spots.. but i guess you get what you pay for!
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • Nothing really exciting this week. We bought a new washer and dryer which I was super excited about. I think I'm a bit lame if that is my excitement for the week. Next weekend we have our photo shoot!

So other than a few shirts I've been in maternity clothes for most of the 2nd trimester already. One of my friends gave me 2 tubs of clothes. I went on 2 shopping binges one at Christmas when I was visiting my sister and one a couple weeks ago when we went home for the shower. The stuff is pricier than motherhood but my motherhood stuff has shrunk already which really pisses me off. My biggest problem is I work in a setting that is business casual to business professional for attire. Which means I basically have to have 2 wardrobes one for work and one for home. The really nice thing about most of the shirts I've gotten is they are meant for before during and after so some of them may just remain in my everyday wardrobe when I return to work.
  • @brittajeanetta  We're getting a new washer and dryer and I'm super excited about it too!!  The best is that the old set were outside and we're making a new area in the house for laundry and I CAN'T WAIT to have indoor laundry!  Going outside to do a load in your jammies sucks big time.  Plus, everything's gross and dirty out there.  And forget about it if you drop a pair of panties on the ground!  Yuck.

• Hi, ladies!

New this week:  My ankles are swelling a bit.  And today I had a weird zigzaggy pulsating arc in my vision for about 20 minutes.  I called my OB but she didn't call me back.  My OB has a great rep but I'm seriously thinking about dropping her, even at this late date.  :-(

On the bright side, baby is kicking away in there.  I love feeling her.

I was 90% in maternity clothes by about 16 weeks, lol.  I buy a few pieces every few weeks.  I just ordered some stuff I'm hoping will work well in warmer weather.  I might size out of some of my early maternity pieces too.  :\">

I've gained around 25 pounds and feel huge.  I can't believe I have 11 weeks longer to keep putting it on!
  • Hey ladies! I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I still feel like a million bucks. I sleep all night easily with one or two trips to pee. No swelling or anything, all my weight is in my stomach. This happened with DD so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this continues.

What's not cool is the amount of ice cream I eat. And garlic bread. Don't worry, they are not together!

As for maternity clothes.... I love them and rock them. I like the tighter things and wear a lot of skinny jeans. I have an addition to maternity clothes! I buy a lot resale so I tend to have double the amount most people probably have. I don't really wear anything non maternity besides sleep shirts and two other shirts I squeeze into!

@ylvelill Did we get any details on your shower? I'm very interested in how it went and what you got!
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• @BBColt78‌
    It was interesting :) we had to hold it at L&D. They were very accommodating but there was only so much room do people had to sit on the floor.

I got a bunch of different things. Not as much clothes as I expected but we now have cribs, a stroller and tons of cool heirloom books!

We also got enough cash to cover both car seats plus the snap and go, can't wait to order them!

So glad to hear you are symptom free even if it makes me terribly jealous. /:)
    Also garlic bread and ice them does not sound bad ATM.... Stupid GD :(
  • Ylvelill said:

@BBColt78‌
    It was interesting :) we had to hold it at L&D. They were very accommodating but there was only so much room do people had to sit on the floor.

I got a bunch of different things. Not as much clothes as I expected but we now have cribs, a stroller and tons of cool heirloom books!

We also got enough cash to cover both car seats plus the snap and go, can't wait to order them!

So glad to hear you are symptom free even if it makes me terribly jealous. /:)
    Also garlic bread and ice them does not sound bad ATM.... Stupid GD :(

@Ylvelill‌ Ugh! I'm sorry! I hope I didn't come off insensitive by saying how good I felt. I know I've been lucky.

I knew you were on bed rest but didn't even think about a hospital shower! I'm glad you got some great things and hope you can do some ordering soon. What type of stroller did you go for? I love baby stuff so I love details!
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"