Parenting
Options

Beyonce's Time Cover

I guess there is some outrage because she is in her underwear.

Wdyt?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Beyonce's Time Cover

• Options
    Hmmm. Great pic, but I guess I agree that it would have been better to put up a picture downplaying her sexuality if the article is supposedly about everything else she has to offer.
    image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    aforstaforst member
    edited April 2014

Hmmm. Great pic, but I guess I agree that it would have been better to put up a picture downplaying her sexuality if the article is supposedly about everything else she has to offer.

I agree. She looks great (as usual!) but I think for this article being fully clothed might have suited her better.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Slow day in the news... Congrats B!

• Options
    She's hot. Great pic. But agree with @bluepointtoasted
  • Options
    MaebbMaebb member
    I don't know - I kind of agree with PPs. I recently saw the move "Miss Representation," and that has made me think twice about women being overly sexualized in the media.

That being said, for an "underwear" shot, I think that's still tasteful and not too sexy. I don't feel uproarish about it.

If Time or someone else made Beyoncé wear that because they thought it would sell more magazines, I would be against it. But if she wanted to wear it because that's what makes her feel comfortable or beautiful, I think that's her prerogative.

Or maybe she's trying to say, "Look at me - I can be soft, sexy, and vulnerable but still powerful, intelligent, and independent," and I think that's an ok message too.
  • Options
    She is influential due to her brand/music though which is being shown.

I see nothing wrong with the picture and I don't think her wearing underwear makes the piece any less formal.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    SmootchySmootchy member
    edited April 2014
    Meh - she's wearing the least "sexual" style of underwear known to man, and I suppose that's probably the point.

I take no issue with her get up. 
    lol, good point. Way to be smokin hot in granny panties B, way to go. 
    Apparently Marilyn and Beyonce can rock them. 
  • Options
    She's great! I see no problem with her attire :-)
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"