Pregnant after a Loss
Options

hard keeping it a secret...

so Im not telling anyone about our pregnancy this time.  It was just so much harder having to go back and tell everyone we lost the baby.  Im waiting as long as possible.  I just think its hard to keep it a secret.  As soon as Im out with friends and not having a glass of wine they will know something is up.  Also we are going away to disney world with my family in 2 weeks.  How do I explain no rides?  Sorry if some think this is a silly post.. I just don't have anyone else to discuss this stuff with.

Re: hard keeping it a secret...

• Options
    We also decided to keep it a secret from everyone until at least 14 weeks. I don't think this is necessarily good advice, but I made sure to make lots of plans and see everyone before I got to 6-7 weeks, and since then have completely avoided actually seeing family and friends so that I could hide it easily, lol. Not sure about the rides, could you just say something like, oh I'm actually kind of hungry, thirsty, headache, etc, I'm going to go grab a drink, snack, sit down for a minute, whatever when they get on rides that you can't? I haven't been to Disney in a long time but aren't there lots of tame rides and other things that you can do?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• Options
    I've been thinking about this a lot lately and I think in our heads it seems like a much bigger deal because we already know our secret and assume that people will be overly-suspicious.  But, I've  had lots of friends choose water over wine at a get-together while they aren't pregnant (maybe they had a big run the next day or were on medication that they couldn't mix with alcohol) and it wasn't a big deal.  From my experience, there has not always been someone who exclaims "well she must be pregnant!" though it has been known to happen right?  Hopefully you can just relax during your time at Disney and insist that you're just enjoying the company and atmosphere ;).  Enjoy your time!
    Began trying for a baby January 2012
    BFP 4.25.2013  EDD 1.3.2014  MMC 6.3.2013  D&C 6.19.2013
    BFP 11.3.2013  CP 11.6.2013
    BFP 3.31.2014 EDD 12.10.2014 Baby boy Carlson born 12.19.2014 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh man, you poor thing! Going to Disney and not being able to ride most of the really fun rides? I love Disney so much, but that might be a hard thing to explain away. You could maybe pretend you're scared of certain rides? Or that you don't feel well and want to take it easy?

I found it surprisingly easy to not stir up suspicion when I was out in social "drinking" situations with friends. A few times I was out, I explained I was just getting over a flu/cold/whatever sickness and all that sounded good to me was a Sprite. Another time, in a bar, my husband kept ordering my "drinks", which was vodka cranberry (hold the vodka)... no one questioned me once or asked to taste my cranberry juice. Mixed drinks are easy to fake!
  • Options
    I totally get wanting to keep it a secret. I wanted to also- ended up telling my parents and sib tho.. Only bc I got really sick and was so worried about the pregnancy. I agree w PP that bc it's our secret we tend to feel like everyone is watching. Once you're in Disney I'm sure you'll find a way to avoid those rides! Good luck!!!
  • Options
    thanks everyone. Im a big wine drinker so It will be hard. I guess I will avoid plans.. Disney will be tricky.  I have a friend who went pregnant recently and basically just couldn't go on roller coasters and really jolting rides.  Hopefully I can play it off.  I just really don't want to tell anyone until we are in a safer place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"