November 2014 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

2»

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    WTF DS. Stop being such a little troll. I want my happy sweet boy back.

WTF chickens. Stay on your side if the yard and away from the blueberries.

WTF mom. Don't ask to spend time with DS and then give me ten BS reasons why you can't. I literally DONT CARE about your petty problems.

WTF self. Don't look at those cute chicks at the farm store. You don't have room for more chickens and raising chicks is a pain in the butt.

Ugh. Everything. Just everything.
    Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KatzKiss said:

I want Skittles.

After reading @lisaren‌ 's post, I got some skittles out of DS's Easter basket.

Now on to my real WTF. There is a little boy that lives up the street not in our community but near it, him and DS have become great friends. His mom is a total drug addict, I pretty much take care of him at least 4 days a week, he eats dinner here, and I always drive him home because she would just let him walk. She has 5 kids, she can't take care of any of them, has called me slurring her words so bad - and it's not from alcohol. This child blows my mind, he gets all straight A's, has wonderful manners and is a beast on the football field. So the kids needed to be picked up because they had an after school play, I get there and DS's friend asks to go with me because he didn't tell his mom. This 30 minutes AFTER he would normally get off the bus. So after the school called his step dad he gets in the car with me and proceeds to tell me that his mom is "away". I immediately think oh good rehab, but then he says that she "didn't show up for court" so she's in jail and her 5 kids from various different dads are being taken care of by a step-dad. Wtf to the whole situation. I know that it's a disease but she really needs to get her shit together. I'm ready to go to the jail and shake her. And she's probably in jail for something drug related and not "court". Poor kids. So frustrating.
  • Options
    jlove253jlove253 member
    edited April 2014

PandaCon said:

WTF people who say you are pregnant for 10 months? It's 9 months. Following the logic that a pregnancy lasts 10 months means that there are 13 months in a year. I got pregnant in March, I'm due in Nov. That's 9 months, end of story.

The problem is people think that 4 weeks = 1 month....

and then there's the you're pregnant for 9 FULL months which is 10 ... haha some people like to get picky - and this is why i stick to weeks!

But really, 2 of those weeks there is no baby there, so at most you can say 9 1/2 months. The 10 months bugs me. I feel like you're milking it when you say 10 months.

ETA: "you" meaning anyone who says 10 months
  • Options
    Kristy774 said:
    I want Skittles.
    After reading @lisaren‌ 's post, I got some skittles out of DS's Easter basket. Now on to my real WTF. There is a little boy that lives up the street not in our community but near it, him and DS have become great friends. His mom is a total drug addict, I pretty much take care of him at least 4 days a week, he eats dinner here, and I always drive him home because she would just let him walk. She has 5 kids, she can't take care of any of them, has called me slurring her words so bad - and it's not from alcohol. This child blows my mind, he gets all straight A's, has wonderful manners and is a beast on the football field. So the kids needed to be picked up because they had an after school play, I get there and DS's friend asks to go with me because he didn't tell his mom. This 30 minutes AFTER he would normally get off the bus. So after the school called his step dad he gets in the car with me and proceeds to tell me that his mom is "away". I immediately think oh good rehab, but then he says that she "didn't show up for court" so she's in jail and her 5 kids from various different dads are being taken care of by a step-dad. Wtf to the whole situation. I know that it's a disease but she really needs to get her shit together. I'm ready to go to the jail and shake her. And she's probably in jail for something drug related and not "court". Poor kids. So frustrating.
    That is so frustrating! Kudos for you though to stepping up and helping out the neighbor boy. He is very fortunate to have someone like you and your DS around. 

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    WTF bladder- at what point will I be able to go longer than 2 hours without having to pee. I feel like all I do is pee. All day, all night. I just want to sleep!!!!
  • Options
    @mackenziesmama you can go into your settings and block her from posting to your wall
    Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    WTF cat??? Why are you acting insane and trying to kill my other cat? How am I going to have a baby around an aggressive and unpredictable cat? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    i walked through a cloud of subway smog and it smelled like the chinese buffet....which made me crave chinese buffet.........wtf? 
    BABY GIRL, 11-11-14 

• Options
    lisarenlisaren member
    edited April 2014
    My daughters nurse.
    My ass (f/u surgeon appt today)

Ugh. Tomorrow will be better.

• Options
    WTF self? Your MIL was gracious and nice enough to put her plans on hold today so she could take care of DD for you while you try and recover from your sinus infection. But all you do all freaking day is cry because you miss her.

FTR I didn't get to see her much yesterday either. I work casually when the place I used to work needs help and I was there all day yesterday and then my DH took care of DD last night because I was sick. 

I miss DD :((
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    PandaCon said:
    WTF people who say you are pregnant for 10 months? It's 9 months. Following the logic that a pregnancy lasts 10 months means that there are 13 months in a year. I got pregnant in March, I'm due in Nov. That's 9 months, end of story.
    and then there's the you're pregnant for 9 FULL months which is 10 ... haha some people like to get picky - and this is why i stick to weeks!

It is 10 lunar months, which are 4 weeks/28 days long, but it's only 9 calendar months. 

ETA: When I was told this, my went "WTF? Isn't pregnancy confusing enough already?" Between conceptual/gestational ages and the bajillion different lists of stuff to do or not do, it seems silly to start talking to women in a different calendar, too. 
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    WTF face? I have a large splotch of pink right in the middle of my forehead... I think the proper term is chloasma. Google that fun stuff. At least mine is pink (I have fair, sensitive skin) and my cheeks are usually rosy anyway so it kind of blends in. I'm not looking forward to this getting worse as time goes on... Maybe I am vain, but it looks like I might be contagious! Not to mention it's hard to hide that you're pregnant from people when you're literally wearing the "mask of pregnancy." Boo.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    WTF new coworker. You've been here for 3 days, please do not start talking about how we're going to be best friends and hang out outside of work and be friends on facebook. You're 21 years old and we have nothing in common.
    BFP 2.22.14 | EDD 11.2.14 | DS 11.7.14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    bethas said:

Also, wtf bump board setup??? I have accidentally hit the report button twice today while scrolling on my cell. People are going to think I'm nuts!

This! The app can be SO laggy that "I think" I've almost accidentally reported people. It looks like there is a second step required to say why and I always go back or close out asap hoping that it's not official without the reason...
  • Options
    bethas said:

Also, wtf bump board setup??? I have accidentally hit the report button twice today while scrolling on my cell. People are going to think I'm nuts!

Lol!!! I've accidentally done this before!
  • Options
    WTF humidity? If I wanted crazy wavy hair, I wouldn't have straightened my hair this morning!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    WTF every drugstore in town?! I have checked three of them and no one has any Colace! The only one that actually stocks it is Target and they're sold out- likely from other constipated pregnant women. There's other options but I'm not really sure if I can take them. All I want to do is have a normal poop, is that too much to ask???
  • Options

WTF every drugstore in town?! I have checked three of them and no one has any Colace! The only one that actually stocks it is Target and they're sold out- likely from other constipated pregnant women. There's other options but I'm not really sure if I can take them.
    All I want to do is have a normal poop, is that too much to ask???

We can take colace???? I didn't ever read the constipation posts because I didn't have that problem until tonight. O.M.G. This sucks.
  • Options
    Ok getting raisin bran as soon as I wake up! Thank you!
  • Options
    lisarenlisaren member
    Colace works for me

• Options
    bethas said:

Wtf doctor's office. You will only call with my Verifi results if something is abnormal? Why don't you just call when you get them in regardless? I guess after 14 days with no call I assume everything is okay??

And WTF bank. You will exchange foreign currency, but not coins? So now I have ten one-euro coins in my purse... I could really use that $13.

My doctor's office does this too! I hate it!

Wtf, my hotel room stinks like smoke and this is a nonsmoking hotel!

• Options
    MaelaraMaelara member
    You have to take colace more than once ;) you need to follow the instructions and take it multiple times a day.
  • Options
    Jatpa003Jatpa003 member
    edited May 2014
    WTF DH you go out til 2am to play board games with your friends, wake me up by turning on the light. Then for the next few days refuse to do and chores because you are tired and exhaused, so end up doing all of them. Now I feel like shit and I didn't even get a thank you!

Also you were late for our U/S today claiming it was a slow bus, but I knew damn well you didn't plan your time well because I knew when you left and you didn't give yourself enough time.

And then you have the balls to ask me why I am so bitchy?
  • Options
    Bad Wednesday for husbands :-)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    WTF Sudafed.  I haven't been able to breathe for two months.  Today I was told that I can finally take you safely.  Now I can partially breathe through one side of my nose--fine, I'll take it.  But why oh why do you cause INSOMNIA!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wtf candy crush level 425. You must know I'm deleting the app after I beat you, because you're the freaking hardest level ever. You suck.

Sorry that is the dorkiest wtf ever, but I mean it!
  • Options
    PandaCon said:

It is 10 lunar months, which are 4 weeks/28 days long, but it's only 9 calendar months. 

ETA: When I was told this, my went "WTF? Isn't pregnancy confusing enough already?" Between conceptual/gestational ages and the bajillion different lists of stuff to do or not do, it seems silly to start talking to women in a different calendar, too. 
    I couldn't agree more!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"