Multiples
Options

This is rediculous

Let's just add fuel to the crazy fire! Number one sign is actually "vivid dreams" ........ Who ever wrote this needs to stop using babycenter as their main source of information. I may be the minority here but not a single one was true for me! Heck even with the 'kicks' one, I only felt one baby move 95% of the time but my singleton I felt all over the place.

If you want a good giggle this morning here is the link!

https://www.everydayfamily.com/blog/5-signs-you-could-be-having-twins/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=chatter-04-29-2014-zrinity&utm_campaign=Blog&tc=120085

Together 6 wonderful years.
TTC #1 18 months 1 loss DX unexplained IF-- BFP July 2009-- ITS A BOY
TTC #2 3 years and 3 losses DX PCOS -- BFP April 2013-- TWIN BOYS!
~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
~DS2&3- Nov 2013  {7 weeks early}~ TTC #4~

Re: This is rediculous

• Options
    What the heck. It's sad that a writer thinks interviewing one misguided person counts as research. Even sadder is the number of women who will read that and think it's scientifically true.

There's so much wrong with that article.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was emailed this article last night and read the title out loud to my husband and even he said "Uh, an ultrasound?"   Pretty sad considering we are first time parents and seem to know more than the author who is publishng this nonsense.  The stuff they fill people's heads with is insane. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    UGHHHH I saw this, and I wanted to freak out!  It was more annoying than anything.  Now we're going to have tons more crazies on here:

"I had a vivid dream, do you think I'm having twins?"

P.S.  If you're feeling movements "far apart," why the hell haven't you had an ultrasound or two yet?

BFP: 12/2/13, EDD: 8/17/13

imageimage

Follow MacKenzie and Madison's Journey at randidooley.wordpress.com

• Options
    We should all leave comments telling the author how crazy that article is.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
  • Options
    The worst part of it all? This has been shared/pinned/tweeted etc almost 2,000 times since last night! .... I'm going to comment on it ;)

~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
  • Options
    I commented. I'm on mobile so it probably came out a total mess and I didn't proof read but oh well I'm just so annoyed at the whole thing.... If anyone else comments link this post too it!

~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
  • Options
    Hmmm dreams huh. If only that worked then I'd have millions of dollars, and have been to many exotic islands with Johnny Depp. Of course I'll also have been chased by a monster, naked giving a speech, and falling from somewhere.

What an idiot
  • Options
    shanaynerzshanaynerz member
    edited May 2014
    Well, family history (my mom is a fraternal twin), feeling kicks far apart, and showing early (8 weeks, but 3rd pregnancy in 3 years), are all things that apply to me! The other "signs" were stupid though.

ETA: Isn't there research showing that family history of twins does increase your chances? I'm just wondering. We always knew the odds were increased for us with my mom being a twin, and now we've had 2 sets of twins. As PPs said though, all of this is silly; only way to KNOW is 2 HBs on an u/s.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I saw this today on FB and thought it was so ridiculous! There's zero research behind this. So stupid.
  • Options
    SV917SV917 member
    edited May 2014
    @shanaynerz‌ Yes, family history of fraternal twins on the mother's side can increase your chances of twins, but it's not a sign that someone is carrying twins. Practically every woman on my mom's side has had breast cancer, which means I have a high risk of getting breast cancer, not that I have cancer right now. 

Check out the comments from Trish. Bless her heart.
  • Options
    ceechieceechie member
    I have all the dreamz!!!!!!!!

Really. I mean, really? I think this board is about to get super busy.
    "Hey guys, I am showing super early and have all the dreamz. I think my great aunts cousin had twins and my dad's uncle...."
    Cannot wait. [-O<
  • Options
    Oh, Lord.  Reading this made me so irritated, this person apparently spoke to ONE person who had twins and that's the "digging" she did to research signs you MIGHT be having twins?  Wow.  She's a labor and delivery nurse, she should know better!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    RannndiRannndi member
    I had to reply to her response calling out @thedairyqueenx3.  It just ticked me off.  What a joke.

BFP: 12/2/13, EDD: 8/17/13

imageimage

Follow MacKenzie and Madison's Journey at randidooley.wordpress.com

• Options
    That gave me the best laugh yet! I hope more people respond to the article. I feel bad for any newly pregnant mom that sees that and thinks that's true.

~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
  • Options
    24karat24karat member
    I still can't get past how awful that article is. It's bad enough to be one of the very few cases where even Wikipedia is a more accurate resource. Maybe even Babycenter.

::shudders::

imageimage
  • Options
    24karat24karat member
    And, as tempting as it is to correct the blatant level of crazy there, I think I will stay out of it for now...the whole saying "don't argue with an idiot, because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" seems to apply.

imageimage
  • Options
    ceechieceechie member
    @TheDairyQueenx3‌
    Maybe craigslist for the pet unicorn? \:D/
  • Options
    @SV917 LOL Exactly, just b/c the odds were that I'd have twins didn't mean I'd have them. The article as a while is totally nutso and will just lead to more people thinking they're carrying twins. I totally thought DD was gonna be twin boys and obviously she's not!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Right! I'm not one for proper grammar on my cell phone and battling auto correct in the short amount of time I have to say something isn't worth it plus I had enough of that in college essays. She can say what ever it doesn't change the fact that the article needs to be retracted for false and misleading information.

~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Lol..... I see where she was going with that but the analogy was completely incorrect.

All kinds of crazy are coming out of the wood work in this...... Which means we will be getting "omg this site listed symptoms so guess I'm joining you!!!"

Ugh.

~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
  • Options
    SV917SV917 member
    Right! I'm not one for proper grammar on my cell phone and battling auto correct in the short amount of time I have to say something isn't worth it plus I had enough of that in college essays. She can say what ever it doesn't change the fact that the article needs to be retracted for false and misleading information.

I guess in her dream she wasn't trying to type on her phone while tandem feeding?
  • Options
    What a terrible article!!! Ugh.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Another stupid article breeding more "zOMG IS IT TWINS" stupidity. 

The other day I was looking through an online forum where people can post their twin ultrasound pictures and was surprised to see quite a few singleton mommy-too-be's posting theirs too asking if the doctor maybe screwed up and missed an extra baby because they saw something that looked like another baby. Plus, you know, they just felt like it was twins and were showing more than they felt they should be. 

Rolls eyes. 

I was just baffled. If you can spot an extra baby in your ultrasound photo but somehow the doctor missed it, I'd think it's time to get another doctor. 

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"