February 2013 Moms
Options

Disney World

We are finally planning our Disney trip. DH and I are huuuuuge fans and I'm so excited to be able to bring our DD! In the past, when we were childless but TTGP (for a very long time) I would watch other people with their LOs in the parks and wonder if we would ever have that. It was depressing. But now, here we are!! Anyway, just looking to see if anyone has any advice or tricks for going to WDW with LOs. It will just be DH, DD, and myself. We are planning for Sept when she will be about 18.5 months. Has anyone done this? Thanks!
image BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Disney World

• Options
    I have no advice, but I want to wish you good luck!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Thanks!!! We are excited and nervous at the same time ;)
    image BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ds was 18 months our first trip with him. Before we were just like you, wishing and wondering what it would be like to bring our own children one day. One main thing is take it slowly. Go at her pace. Take a break for nap time. We would go for park opening. Take a break for nap time. Then stay til close. We went for 7 days. So we were able to take a full day to rest. We played around the resort and swam.
    We did a character breakfast our first morning to test him out with the characters. I figured then we would know if we needed to steer clear of them in the parks.
    Have fun and take lots of pictures. If she likes the characters get her bringing them the autograph book. Ds thought he was big stuff getting autographs.
    Have fun planning!
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • Options
    I am going next week so I will let you know!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We went last Sept with three kids - 7,4, and baby.  My parents were with us though.  Will you be staying on property?  Usually in Sept they offer the dining plan for free.  We figured the cost and it was cheaper for us to stay on property than go somewhere else since the food was included.

Get one of the Disney guides that tell you the best way to get through the parks so that you avoid long lines.  That helped us a ton.  Also, we sat down and made a list of our must do things and made a plan based on those. 

If you are interested in having a travel agent help you, one of my friends books Disney vacations.  She doesn't cost a thing and her rates are the same as what you would find online but she helps you through every step of the process.  We used her and she had a ton of information for us.  PM me if you want her info.
    Samuel  2.26.06 41w ASD/ADHD
    Eli  6.18.09 35.5w
    Silas  1.25.13 35.4w 10 days NICU, allergies/asthma, gluten intolerant

• Options
    We went in December and February. DS loved it. I would make dining reservations around your typical eating schedule. Pack lots of snacks. They have grat baby care centers near the front of each park. They have large changing tables, highchairs, small tables, and baby products (incase you need to buy anything). I would bring your own stroller and not rent one there. Have a basic plan but go at your pace.
  • Options
    jllmb79jllmb79 member
    DD#1 went at 11 months, almost 2.5yr and almost 3 yr
    DD#2 went at 8 months and 14 months

We have only stayed off property with the girls.
    I rent full size cribs and a double baby jogger city mini from and outside vendor.
    My kids are fine with napping on the go, in the stroller or Ergo
    Picking my fast passes in advance and restaurants make life so much easier
    The character buffets are great. Instant food gratification for the kids :)
    The Biergarten Restaurant has live music show while you eat...keeps kids entertained
    Ergo is great when waiting in lines

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    No advice but we are going in September too! DD will be 19 months. DH's sister and her husband plus his brother and gf are suppose to go to so I hope they can make it to help. Especially now because I just found out on Tuesday I'm pregnant! :)
    Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    jllmb79jllmb79 member
    fishes we went to Disney World and used A Baby's Best Friend.  I would google crib rentals near Disney Land then google those venders for reviews.  I really try to make my girls feel like they are at home. I even bring their sound machine, favorite blanket and stuffed animal :)

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"