December 2014 Moms
Options

We are growing a human.. no seriously!

edited April 2014 in December 2014 Moms
I was thinking and overanalyzing earlier, like I always do, and I realized how crazy it actually is to grow a human inside your uterus. Like, what?! A tiny little speck grows into an actual person with personality traits, thoughts, feelings.. all inside of ME and YOU! Being a woman comes with a lot of... fun aspects.. but I'm so grateful I get to experience pregnancy.

Re: We are growing a human.. no seriously!

• Options
    Yeah we're awesome. That's why we are the better sex!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    agreed!  I definitely had this overwhelming since of accomplishment throughout my entire first pregnancy.  I was constantly amazed at how my body just knew exactly what to do to change and grow to accommodate our little girl.  To think that she's now going to be a big sister is so great!  I'm feeling so different with this pregnancy and I can only help but think of how this baby will be different (looks, personality, etc., etc.)  So much fun!
    You can find out more about me and my crazy life at: http://iamemilyanne.com

• Options

Yes exactly @megbmeg‌! The most productive thing of all is something your body is doing without you consciously thinking about it. I love it.

I cannot ever imagine a man going through pregnancy or labor @MommyKristin88‌!!

Have you seen this video? https://youtu.be/A44oEcmDn1c
    Is it bad that I laughed?

I have seen this!! When he gets on all fours to try and breathe through them I died!
    May Siggy Challenge = Linda Belcher!! Hands down, my favorite TV mom!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Our bodies are pretty amazing!
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Yes!! It's so wild and amazing! I love the clips of guys going through labor pain! What good sports :)

DS1: 12/17/2014
    DS2: born sleeping at 26 weeks on 8/8/2016 due to chromosomal deletion
    Pregnant with baby 3 -  EDD 9/14/2017

• Options
    It's incredible how our bodies just know exactly what to do and what to grow when, and how to shift and accommodate another human but still maintain our own systems. It's an absolute miracle

Married 07.12.14
    Hannah 12.09.14
    Baby #2 Due 06.18.16
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    bunattack said:

Awwwww, this post makes me want to cry. It's a pretty amazing thing. It also reminded me that in about 8 months we're going to have to squeeze that human out of our vaginas!!!!!!

Yeah.. One would think with how amazing our bodies are at growing humans, we could've had a better way to get them OUT. F you Eve!! Apples aren't that good..

• Options
    I think of this all of the time. It's super sci-fi right? It's truly mind blowing, coming from practically nothing of single cells, turning into PEOPLE!
  • Options
    What blows my mind even more is looking at my kids and realizing how they could of been a million other people! My egg that was dropped that month met with one of over a million sperm, and I got this amazing kid!!! What if, it was a different month, or a different little spermy, I would have a totally different kid!! MINDBLOWING! 8->
  • Options

That video is hysterical!!

Reminds me how DH told me I couldn't go through natural childbirth with our second if I had back and front labor again, because HE couldn't take it. LOL  SERIOUSLY?!!  Grow a pair hehe.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    My good friend used the excuse "I'm busy creating life" for the entirety of her pregnancy.  Did you get those papers graded?  I was too usy creating life.  Did you get around to going food shopping?  I was too busy creating life.
  • Options
    I consistently use "I'm too tired from, ya know, creating a person inside my own body"

H is already tired of it, but COME ON IT'S LEGIT

BFP #1: 4/7/14, EDD: 12/16/14 -- Missed Miscarriage - D&C  on 5/13 at 9 weeks
    BFP #2: 10/24/14, EDD: 07/04/15 -- Chemical Pregnancy confirmed 10/27
    BFP #3: 11/28/14, EDD: 08/06/15 -- Strong heartbeat at 6 weeks, Missed Miscarriage - D&C on 1/9 at 10 weeks

rainbows
  • Options
    Last night, my puppy had and accident on the floor. It stained the wood floor and I asked DH to clean it as I can't use the chemicals. I was already feeing useless and crabby allday. But the fact that I can't even clean made me so mad. I told DH this, and he says, yeah because growing a human is so easy, you should have to do everything else too. I say that all the time now when I'm tired, but for some reason when he said it it made me so angry! Looking back I was just being crazy!
  • Options
    What blows my mind even more is looking at my kids and realizing how they could of been a million other people! My egg that was dropped that month met with one of over a million sperm, and I got this amazing kid!!! What if, it was a different month, or a different little spermy, I would have a totally different kid!! MINDBLOWING! 8->
    Oh man, I sometimes start thinking that way about my m/c when I'm gazing in adoration at DS. And then a crazed thought will pop into my mind like "If that hadn't happened, he wouldn't even EXIST, and this baby would be an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT BABY."

It freaks me out!
    TWO Babies in 2014!
    DS #1 Born 01/07/2014, DS #2 Born 12/17/2014

• Options
    edited April 2014
    MissMeegs said:

Oh man, I sometimes start thinking that way about my m/c when I'm gazing in adoration at DS. And then a crazed thought will pop into my mind like "If that hadn't happened, he wouldn't even EXIST, and this baby would be an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT BABY."

It freaks me out!
    -----
    Quite fail tyvm bump!

I know, it's so crazy. Watching The Great Spam Race really made me realize how incredible it is that every baby born could've been entirely different had a different sperm met the egg.
  • Options
    Yup it's truly a miracle, what amazes me more is also when I think of the intricate details and processes - it's truly amazing !
  • Options

bunattack said:

Awwwww, this post makes me want to cry. It's a pretty amazing thing. It also reminded me that in about 8 months we're going to have to squeeze that human out of our vaginas!!!!!!

Yeah.. One would think with how amazing our bodies are at growing humans, we could've had a better way to get them OUT. F you Eve!! Apples aren't that good..

Best laugh I've had all day! Thank you!

• Options
    I still don't believe it!! I'm 8w1d with my first and it doesn't seem real!! Well the nausea and exhaustion remind me that it is lol. Although for me I feel it'll feel more real once I can feel him/her move!!

When I don't feel like doing something I joke with my husband and say, "Your baby doesn't want me doing dishes!" lol. He is so laid back so he just laughs it off and does them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

DH and I: Dating: 08/2008, Engaged: 02/2012, and Married: 03/13!
    Adopted our Pup: 08/2011

DD born on 12/03/2014, Emma!
    (TTC #1 (and only!): 12/25/13, BFP: 03/31/14, EDD: 12/05/14, Gender, girl: 07/16/14)

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"