Third-Party Reproduction
Options

New to TPR

Hi all! I officially joined the TPR world in February of this year and am thankful for a place to share and learn more about it.

A little background: I am 28, DH is 36. We were married in September 2011 and started trying for a family in early 2013. After meeting with a new gyn, I learned I had a cyst on each ovary and possible PCOS. We chose to remove the cysts through surgery and found at the same time that I had a mass spanning both ovaries. I was officially diagnosed with ovarian cancer stage 3A and a follow-up surgery resulted in the removals of both tubes, my right ovary and 75% of my left ovary. I am extraordinarily lucky that the cancer was caught when it was and I couldn't be more grateful that I still have a chance to experience pregnancy.

With medical clearance from my oncologist, DH and I are now TTC post cancer using frozen donor eggs. We have a transfer date tentatively set for early May – the process has taken a little longer than I expected. I’m hoping to start the progesterone shots this week – anyone else in for May?

Pregnancy Ticker

Married September 3, 2011 | TTC since May 2013
Me: Diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2013, underwent fertility sparing surgery which left low ovarian reserve, no tubes, partial ovary | DH: perfectly normal 
BFP: 5/30/2014 via donor eggs | EDD: 2/6/2015

Re: New to TPR

• Options
    Hello and sorry for what you have been through :( Wishing you all the best on this cycle!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Welcome to the board!

If all goes well with my lining check tomorrow, I should have my first donor embryo FET May 7th. Like Jalara said, there is a group of us here that are cycling in May. Also if you are interested, there is a May cycle group on the infertility board that is a little more active. There are twice weekly check-ins for that group. Most of them are doing IVF or FET with their own eggs/sperm, but the process is pretty much the same and they are a supportive group of women.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have no idea why the bump won't let me edit my posts anymore...

I just saw that you had intro'd on the Infertility board.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    pmv81pmv81 member
    You really have been through a lot! I think it's awesome and inspiring that you have a positive outlook coming through all of that. 

Good luck getting started on your first cycle, wishing all the best for you!!! 

• Options
    What a warrior!
    It is so true that the IF world is a lot of hurry up and wait....ugh

Welcome to the board and best of luck in May!!
    TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

• Options
    Hi and welcome. I'm so sorry you had cancer :( but it is great that they found it so soon and you are able to carry a baby now!

I'm in a same-sex couple and due to my age, we opted to go straight to donor eggs (along with donor sperm in our case). It is a great option when your own eggs aren't viable.

I run the weekly check-in so please join in to that - we have a lively group and a lot of people actively check in. Otherwise this board is on the slower side (mainly due to # of people doing TPR vs. some of the other boards) but the checkin definitely helps keep our community feeling strong!

There is a may transfer thread since there are a good batch of people who are cycling in May, so look for that - but otherwise, check in w/us on Monday! Welcome :)
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Welcome to the board. You have certainly been through so much. I hope your transfer in May is a huge success.

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • Options
    Welcome! 
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    MrsT4MrsT4 member
    Welcome to TPR...the ladies here are wonderful and wishing you only success in your upcoming transfer!! :)

Me: AMA, DOR, undetectable AMH, carrier of SMA, MTHFR homozygous C677T, high cytokines, low IGg B cells, Factor XIII V34l mutation, High Anti-Phosphatidylethanolmine, borderline hypothyroid and mildly insulin resistant.

MH: No known issues, aside from MTHFR.

Recommendations from RI: LIT, Humira, IVIG, Lovenox, Baby Aspirin, Folic Acid, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin.

Currently taking:  Pre-Natal vitamins, Foltanx, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin. 

When cycling also taking: Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, Humira and IVIG.

TTC since 7/11/09..with medical intervention starting in 2010, including 4 failed IVF's and 6 failed IUI's...only "success" was a chemical pregnancy in 11/2012 (credited to use of DE).

FET #1 (11th cycle) on 8/23/13 = BFN.

FET #2 (12th cycle) Transfer of last two (day 6) donor egg blasts on 1/22/14 = BFP, EDD = 10/10/14 (please stick little BOY!)

My favorite breed:

***PAIF/SAIF always welcome***

• Options
    Hi & welcome! I'm so sorry for all you've been through. I'm new over here, but wanted to say hi and good luck!
    TTC since March 2012
    Dx: Unexplained IF, Arcuate Uterus, Minimal Endometriosis, Poor Embryo Quality
    Tx History: 1 Injects+TI, 5 IUIs, 3 IVFs, 1 FET = all BFN and full of heartbreak
    Plan: Waiting to see if our potential donor is a match for DE IVF #1

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
  • Options
    cc+mmcc+mm member
    Welcome! I have a similar story to yours. I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer (Stage 1C) in August 2011 during a surgery to remove endo and a fibroid. I had both ovaries and tubes removed. We used Donor eggs in Nov and had successful IVF. Best of luck in May!!!
    8/2011: Diagnosed with ovarian cancer, ovaries and tubes removed

12/2011: Finished chemo

5/2013: Cleared for DE IVF

11/13: DEgg IVF#1

8/5/14: Grace was born!

• Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Options
    Welcome over here! Best of luck with your upcoming cycle, and keep us posted!
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your struggle. But that's what were all here for! Support! We choose TPR because my DH cannot have children AT ALL. We are using donor sperm (DS). What made the choice easier for us is that I would at least be able to experience a baby growing inside of me and my husband would get to see me and baby growing. It's the bonding that was important to us. Although the child won't be blood to him, that bonding experience and love for that child will never be broken. I'll be praying for peace and comfort for you throughout your journey!!
  • Options
    Thank you all for the continuing warm welcomes! It surely makes this process a lot less lonely :) 

@cc+mm - thank you so much for sharing your story... while I hate that you had to deal with the ugliness of cancer, I am so pleased to see that you have been able to start a family - I sure hope to follow in your footsteps!

@samantha5110 - I completely agree! If this all goes to plan, the most exciting part will be able to bond in a way that I never thought would be possible. I'm so looking forward to the journey. Did you have a lot of options choosing a DS? We had only 7 profiles that matched our initial brown eyes/brown hair request and fell in love with one of the donors who we ended up choosing. 

Best of luck to all :)

Pregnancy Ticker

Married September 3, 2011 | TTC since May 2013
    Me: Diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2013, underwent fertility sparing surgery which left low ovarian reserve, no tubes, partial ovary | DH: perfectly normal 
    BFP: 5/30/2014 via donor eggs | EDD: 2/6/2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"