March 2014 Moms
Options

6 weeks with a cold

Poor guy is so congested and snotty. He's having a hard time breathing, sleeping, and eating. Took him to the ER because the doctor couldn't get him a same day appointment and they said nothing we can do for him besides moist air and suction. and we have to let it run it's course :-(

I have seen so many stories where colds have turned into something worse. Anyone else have a LO under 3 months with a cold that didn't turn into anything else?

My heart is hurting for his poor stuffy butt. I need a happy ending story!

Re: 6 weeks with a cold

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Yep DD had a cold last week. She still has a bit if a cough from it but is doing fine.

Eta: she is 7 weeks
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    Thank you! We are doing everything we can to keep him eating and sleeping so he can fight it off. But it's so scary to always read the horror stories. Did you do anything besides suction to help? He's so snotty I feel like he's swallowing so much of it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the garlic tip! I will be drinking a cup of garlic tea tonight! Anything to help this kid feel better!
  • Options
    Lurking from F14... My baby just had his two month check up today, he has been sounding like he has phlym in his throat but no drainage from nose and when nurse took his temp it was. 99.4. Doctor gave me all the signs to look for while completly freaking me out but said the same to me as ur doc told u. I have noticed many women in F14 say their little ones have had colds/stuffed up noses and they all got through it just fine. Just pay attention to fever and keep hydrated and your baby should be fine
  • Options
    I steamed her in the bathroom twice a day, used saline drops and suctioned before each feed, and a humidifier at night.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    Both of our babies have been passing a cold back and forth... We've been to the dr twice and both times they to,d us what your doctor told you
    1st FET 2/14/2013 Happy Valentines Day! - BFN
    2nd FET 6/14/2013
    - BPF!!! -
    1st Beta:
    1046!!!!! - 2nd Beta: 2754!!!!!
    First u/s 7/11/2013 - TWINS!!! 120 and 124 heartbeats <3
    Second u/s
    7/29/2013 - wiggley babies! 178 and 184 heartbeats!
    Third u/s
    9/9/2013 - 157 and 161 heartbeats ... a BOY and a GIRL!!!! Cervix on the "shorter side" (3-3.3) - going to check again in 2 weeks.
    Fourth u/s 9/23/2013 - Baby A = 157 Baby B = 150 heartbeat. Cervix now 2.3-2.6 ... being referred to a MFM
    MFM Appointment 9/26/2013 = Both babies healthy, cervix now measuring at 4 - Playing tricks on me ... will follow up in 2 weeks.
    Cervical check 10/7 with regular OB - 2.1cm  --- going BACK to the MFM armed with ultrasound pictures from my OB of my cervix. *sigh*
    MFM Appointment 10/8 - confirmed my cervix at 2.1cm - putting me on Progesterone for a week.
    MFM Appointment 10/17 - Cervix unchanged! Keeping me on Progesterone - followup 10/29

photo e8294769.jpgphoto 3a44b450.jpg
    imageimageimageimage"">image

Everett Alan James (3lbs8oz) and Eliana Lee (3lbs7oz) born 12/28/13 at 30w6d!
  • Options
    DS1 had a cold at 3 weeks and other than it being hard to watch him suffer with a stuffy nose, everything was fine. Dh has a cold right now and he is confined to the guest room until he's better. DS2 is 3 weeks and I don't want him to go through that. I feel for you and hope he gets better quick with no issues.
    baby 2Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We both have colds right now and I'm just doing my best to suck that snot out (the nose freida is amazing) and make sure he doesn't have a fever. The doctor said there isn't much more to do.
  • Options
    You ladies rock! Thanks for keeping me sane. I'm the one that passed this to LO since I've had a cold for a week and happy stories of speedy recoveries are just what I needed to feel just a little less guilty. The ER docs were so nice and comforting but they could tell I was a 1st time mom!
  • Options
    Lo is very congested and I asked my lc about it this morning and she said to squirt some breast milk up her nose. She said it works better then saline because it has good bacteria in it to fight the bad bacteria that's causing the issue. I haven't tried it yet but I'll let you know how it goes. :)
  • Options
    My LO has a cold too. It started on Sunday. I also took him to the ER at 3am Monday morning. The lil guy scared the piss out of me. I woke up to him gasping, thrashing, and struggling to breathe. I had been suctioning him but wasn't using saline at the time. I certainly do now though! We saline/suction at every diaper change and if he has a sneezing fit. The sneezing helps to move the mucus. We're also doing the Vicks on the feet and using a humidifier. I'm starting the steamy bathroom hangouts today when he wakes up. Just be sure to keep your LOs feeding schedule going. My LO hasn't been giving his normal feeding cues so we've been keeping on top of it. FX for a speedy recovery!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"