December 2014 Moms
Options

Stomach bug...

Hey girls,
Just curious, has anyone gotten the stomach bug while pregnant? I feel horrible and can not keep anything down I tried ginger ale, 2 crackers, and Gatorade. I don't have a fever my body temp is actually low 94.7, I don't want to seem annoying and call the OB if I should just wait it out a little. Any thoughts/advice?

Re: Stomach bug...

• Options
    Are you sure it's not just morning (aka all day) sickness? Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    I'm thinking it's probably "morning" sickness :( try to rest up!!
    May Siggy Challenge = Linda Belcher!! Hands down, my favorite TV mom!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds like morning sickness to me too. However, there are a small percentage of pregnant women who have extreme vomiting (I don't remember what it's called though) and if you have that then you should definitely call your OB. 
    Nov 17 BMB May Siggy Challenge: Mother's Day Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I hope it's morning lasting all day but I work in a school and it's going around really bad right now.
  • Options
    I had it! I read baby is just fine while I would be hugging the bowl if it was morning sickness, so I wasn't too worried, but that's me.
  • Options
    Thanks girl! I'm trying to take tiny sips again
  • Options
    I had the stomach flu a couple weeks ago (I was about 7 weeks). Had a terrible headache and couldn't keep anything down for almost a day. If it would have lasted two days I would have called the dr. I would try saltines/broth and no go. Right after I puked Id drink a little water and that would stay down for a little bit.

Just sleep and rest a lot and if you don't feel better tomorrow, I'd call the doctor.
  • Options
    Thank you very helpful!
  • Options
    94.7 is NOT normal. If that's actually accurate (try a different thermometer?) you need to call your Dr now.
    BFP #1 - 2/1/09-mc 2/5/09 @4wks
    BFP #2 - 6/24/09-mc 7/25/09 @8wks
    6/09 Dx w/PCOS--Metformin & Progesterone
    8/09 Dx w/Compound Hetero MTHFR--Neevo, Metanx & BA
    BFP #3 - 1/11/10 - DD1 born 9/16/10 @39w4d, 8lbs 14oz & 20in.
    Heparin from BFP to 34wks.
    BFP #4 - 10/4/11 - DD2 born 6/2/12 @38w1d, 8lbs 11oz & 21in.
    Same med protocol as last time, but heparin continued until delivery.
    BFP #5 - 3/30/14, EDC 12/10/14!!

Beta #1-76 (12dpo), Beta #2-238 (14dpo)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I had norovirus last week (basically stomach flu) and called the OB on call at midnight because I was desperate for her to send me to the ER for IV fluids. She told me the baby would be fine and to try tiny sips of Gatorade until I could keep more down. I was soooooo thirsty. She said to call back if I got lightheaded or passed out, but I gradually got better over the next few days. Sorry you're feeling this way. It blows.

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a BOY!

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options

94.7 is NOT normal. If that's actually accurate (try a different thermometer?) you need to call your Dr now.

Idk why that didn't register the first time I read that but yes, that's hypothermia levels. You should definitely call your doctor if that's accurate.
    May Siggy Challenge = Linda Belcher!! Hands down, my favorite TV mom!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds like morning sickness or possibly hyperemesis (which I had with my DS and DD).
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • Options
    I'm feeling a lot better today! Temp is normal highest it got was 100 even and I can keep fluids down. OB said if it got to 101 call back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"