October 2013 Moms
Options

Spit up

sleepy33sleepy33 member
edited April 2014 in October 2013 Moms
I don't know why, but I really thought my kid would outgrow this spitting up thing by now. Where's everyone else at?
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker

Spit up 177 votes

My kid never was a spitter-upper
19% 34 votes
My kid used to spit up but has basically stopped
18% 32 votes
My kid spits up about once a day
16% 29 votes
My kid spits up a few times a day
31% 55 votes
My kid spits up after every meal
11% 21 votes
Chole is part horse and cannot regurgitate
0% 1 vote
SS
2% 5 votes

Re: Spit up

• Options
    Lee81Lee81 member
    I said she basically stopped, but I still get puked on sometimes. She got me pretty good on Sunday. I think she was saving it for when we were out in public. I'd say it's maybe once or twice a week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine still has days where she spits up a ton and then other days she really doesn't spit up much.  You never know with her.  She use to spit up all the time, it's gotten better with introduction of food, but it's still a crap shoot on when she might.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My kid spits up all day. I'm pretty sure it's a game to her. I think she even tries to aim at certain targets. Daddy's shirt- 10 points. Mommy's hair- 25 points. Someone's mouth- 100 points.

I just started adding rice cereal to her bottles, hoping it helps, but I think it has more to do with her swallowing excess saliva from teething right now.
  • Options

She still spits up some throughout the day, but the volume of spit-up is a lot less than it was.

this. It's gotten a LOT better but it's still all day
  • Options
    i really should've voted SS, but i voted once a day.

my baby doesn't spit *normally*, but when i accidentally ingest some soy, he spits several times a day for a few days.. did you know red-robin seasoning has soy in it??! and....let's be honest. i'm pretty bad at my diet...all chinese food has some soy in it...and lots of my food doesn't come with an ingredients list.

• Options
    DS still spits after getting bottles at daycare or when DH gives him one.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We're starting formula and the spit up is back with a vengeance.
  • Options
    hartsl01 said:
    Weirdly, mine spits up more after actually nursing vs pumped milk from a bottle.

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    jnsmith85 said:
    Pretty much all day. If he eats and then rolls around on the floor, he usually pukes without me knowing, and then he'll play in it (rolls in it, puts his hands in it, smashes his face into it).... image
    YES. Sitting up, tummy time, all is highly puke-inducing. It's like he's still eating quantity-wise like he was a baby and only had to lay around like Jabba the Hut, but when he eats the same quantity now and tries to be actually active, his stomach is like error: too full.

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    LO has only spit up a handful of times so I'm no help here. 

• Options
    sleepy33 said:
    hartsl01 said:
    Weirdly, mine spits up more after actually nursing vs pumped milk from a bottle.
    That is strange... What kind of bottles do you use? We use Avent Natural. I kind of wonder if they don't pace feed him and he just sucks it all down and then plays on the floor causing spit up. He usually comes home with a bit on his outfit and sometimes if it's real bad, he's in a whole new outfit.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    She stopped spitting when she started sitting well.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    It's gotten a lot better but it still happens a few times a day.

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• Options
    He spits up all day long.  Moreso after nursing, then if he is bottle fed.  I have noticed its significantly less then what it used to be, but still, it is all.the.time.  Bibs are a part of the regular wardrobe.  He is a happy little spitter!

imageimageimage

Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Options
    hartsl01 said:
    sleepy33 said:
    hartsl01 said:
    That is strange... What kind of bottles do you use? We use Avent Natural. I kind of wonder if they don't pace feed him and he just sucks it all down and then plays on the floor causing spit up. He usually comes home with a bit on his outfit and sometimes if it's real bad, he's in a whole new outfit.
    We still use the medela bottles w/ the newborn nipples. But my H also feeds him by sitting him up in the corner of the couch and letting him hold his own bottle.

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    Our spitting went way down after switching from Zantac to Prilosec, but we still get small amounts after every nursing session and meal.
    photo 2465-1_zps83b1ff09.jpg
    Married 6/26/10  TTC 1/13  BFP 1/31/13   Wills born 10/9/13
  • Options
    All day :( The miracle avocado and cereal don't always work :(

• Options
    He is a happy spitter upper. It never bothered him. In the last month or so, he's been spitting up a lot less. I've definitely been doing less laundry loads of sheets and burp cloths.

• Options
    Ss he stopped after starting zantac but just this week has started spitting up at least once a day.
  • Options
    Our spitting went way down after switching from Zantac to Prilosec, but we still get small amounts after every nursing session and meal.
    Hmm, mine is on Axid, which is like Zantac. Maybe I will ask the pedi about switching. It almost seems like he's spitting up more recently than he was a month or so ago. Easter was a disaster, puke errywhere because he was so busy playing with everyone all day.

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    sleepy33 said:

Hmm, mine is on Axid, which is like Zantac. Maybe I will ask the pedi about switching. It almost seems like he's spitting up more recently than he was a month or so ago. Easter was a disaster, puke errywhere because he was so busy playing with everyone all day.

It was a tremendous difference, almost immediately. We tried weaning off the Prilosec last week per the ped's advice, but the spitting came back with a vengeance, along with the pain from it. DS also takes it much easier, as it's only once a day and is strawberry flavored as opposed to the mint.
    photo 2465-1_zps83b1ff09.jpg
    Married 6/26/10  TTC 1/13  BFP 1/31/13   Wills born 10/9/13
  • Options
    calibr8tecalibr8te member
    edited April 2014
    He still spits up a few times a day, but it feels like it is so much less than before. My clothes are generally puke free most days. I also used to have to litter my house with  burp clothes so that I had one in reach no matter where I was. He goes whole days without needing an outfit change and the burp cloths are no longer my constant companions.

• Options
    I'm pretty sure the meds just reduce the acid so it makes the spitting up less uncomfortable and damaging, it doesn't neccesarily reduce spitting up. Just a heads up!

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• Options
    sleepy33 said:

I'm wondering if going up a nipple size would help? He may be sucking to hard and sucking in air. But I'm not exactly sure it matters BC I know he is BF, right? And I'm assuming your nipples don't change flows lol..
  • Options
    carawasa said:
    I'm wondering if going up a nipple size would help? He may be sucking to hard and sucking in air. But I'm not exactly sure it matters BC I know he is BF, right? And I'm assuming your nipples don't change flows lol..
    I could try that, but the weird thing is that he seems to spit more after BF than when he gets the bottles! It is really weird. And strange how it's kicked in more lately, even though he's eating more solids.

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    calibr8te said:

He still spits up a few times a day, but it feels like it is so much less than before. My clothes are generally puke free most days. I also used to have to litter my house with  burp clothes so that I had one in reach no matter where I was. He goes whole days without needing an outfit change and the burp cloths are no longer my constant companions.

All of this exactly

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"