Multiples
Options

Yet Another Stroller Question - Shocker, Right??

Sorry – I know these get old, but I am curious about what others did.

When these babies are born, my DS (almost 17 months now) will be 21 months old. I plan on going back to work after  a 4 month maternity leave, so I am trying to figure out if a double stroller with a joey/jump seat is necessary or not. I wore my DS a lot, I preferred this over a stroller as did he (he has just now started liking his stroller so I feel they three – yes three – I have went to waste the first 15 months of his life) so I am not convinced I need a triplet, or double with joey seat – I plan on wearing these two as much as I can. DH and I both go to dr. appts and I do not plan on (EVER) taking them all 3 anywhere by myself. We rarely go out anyway. I know that sounds awful, but after a long week at work and DS at daycare, we love to chill around the house together. I know it can happen (that I have to take all 3 somewhere by myself), but I could carry him and stroll the other two, right? Or carry them and stroll him? Or do I just need to break down and get a stroller for all 3 kids? Ugh, I hate these kinds of decisions! I still can’t decide what kind of stroller I need side-by-side or in-line, or if I need one at all. This shouldn’t be causing me this much stress. Seriously.

Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
#1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
#1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
#1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
#2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Yet Another Stroller Question - Shocker, Right??

• Options
    I think you should get a double stroller- which one is up to you.   You can always wear one of the twins and your oldest and one of the twins ride in the stroller.   However, not all babies like being wore so hopefully you have atleast one that likes it.
    But I think that it is odd to not take your kids anywhere by yourself- while i only have my twins- I take them most places by myself...
  • Options
    I have almost three month old twins and a 2 year old- and I'm with you on the not taking them anywhere by myself (not yet anyway).  I could handle the twins by themselves, no problem - but throw a 2 year old in the mix and it's a whole new ball game. ODD needs way more attention than the two babes. 

We have the Joovy Roo which we love because you can just pop in the car seats, especially helpful when the babies are sleeping. We don't have a  joey seat for ODD. We just generally let her walk, put her in a shopping cart or if we're walking a really long distance DH will push her in her single stroller.  I also bring my Becco along to wear one of the twins when we need.  The Roo and DSNG are not very expensive, so I think it's worth it.  We're planning on getting another stroller for when the twins outgrow the infant carrier, and will probably get a joey seat for that one.  I do eventually want to take all the kids on my own, and that seems to be the best option at that point.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My twins aren't here yet, but I'm planning on getting the Baby Jogger City Select with a Jr x-rider seat for my oldest.  He will be two right around the time the twins get here and does really well in the stroller, but is all over the place if I let him walk.  I like that I have the option two car seat adaptors with DS in the jump seat or a seat and an adaptor and wear one of the babies.

I'm a SAHM and my DH travels a lot for work, so I don't really have the option of not going out with the three of them by myself.  I'm pretty freaked out about it though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Everyone has different needs, but my son was just barely two when I had the babies, and the Baby Jogger City Select with Englacha Junior X-Rider was (is) perfect for us.  I often tuck the Ergo in the basket in case someone goes apeshit and decides that they're over the stroller for the day, but don't underestimate the value of having a wheeled vehicle that you can buckle all the kids into so you can hightail it out of someplace when a meltdown happens.  

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• Options
    My oldest was just over 3 when the babies were born and now, at 4yo and 53lbs, is way over the stroller stage.

However, I wore him a lot and really thought id wear the babies a lot as well and I just don't. The logistics, for me, are a bit different w two and I find myself w a stroller way more than w my singleton. We sti have two ergos and they do get use, but I appreciate the double - we have a joovy roo frame and a bob duallie.

• Options
    4legsrbest: I have been looking for a good twin/toddler stroller too. You mentioned wearing your twins, what carrier will you use off them?
    Two sets of fraternal twins, 23 mos. apart First set born 12/27/12 at 35w0d via IVF Second set born 11/18/14 at 35w6d via FET
  • Options
    Thanks ladies - I appreciate the feedback!

@chickaboo1974 - I will eventually take them all out together, but DS will stay in daycare when I am on mat leave so it will just be me and the twins during the week (I will take them out, of course) and DH and I like to do our weekend stuff together, so me having all three alone just isn't how we would do stuff, yet. I also have a mother's helper for 2-3 hours a day on mat leave so I can always run and do my errands and leave babies at home until they are older. When they get older, I would take all 3 if I had to, but honestly the opportunity really won't present itself right away as I will always have other options and would find taking all 3 out when the twins are little pretty stressful.

@rachelkongsore@hotmail.com I joined a tandem wearing group and will start out using a woven wrap (size 7) but would like to get where I can wrap them separately (2 wraps or an ergo and wrap) so if one falls asleep you can get them off without disrupting the carry of the other. The group is called Tandem Babywearing (https://www.facebook.com/groups/tandembabywearing/) you have to send a request and they will add you.

I guess I will suck it up and get a double stroller, the joey/jump seats on them just don't look very ergonomic though. Ugh. Thanks again!
    Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My son was 3 when the twins arrived. We just got a double in line stroller and if he *needed* to sit I always keep my ergo with me and wear one baby and push the other twin and him. It works perfect for us. I don't go out much because where I live since the twins have been born we have had -49 days with rib cage high snow.... It was even snowing yesterday still so getting out with them was not an option however I when I have gone out alone I don't find it to be challenging. The babies sleep an DS has his nabi when he needs to sit for long periods. Although grocery shopping does suck!

Together 6 wonderful years.
    TTC #1 18 months 1 loss DX unexplained IF-- BFP July 2009-- ITS A BOY
    TTC #2 3 years and 3 losses DX PCOS -- BFP April 2013-- TWIN BOYS!
    ~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
    ~DS2&3- Nov 2013  {7 weeks early}~ TTC #4~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"