January 2015 Moms
Options

I feel a nasty 1st tri coming on...

This is my very first pregnancy and so far I've been nonstop sick. Luckily I haven't been throwing up, but I have constant nausea. I have to literally force myself to eat because I just don't want to. Everything smells gross, including my most favorite foods. How do you guys deal with nausea and still eating right?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I feel a nasty 1st tri coming on...

• Options

So sorry you feel so crummy. I don't have any suggestions other than the normal- eat lots of small meals, drink water to stay hydrated, pregnancy pops from Motherhood Maternity, ginger ale, etc. etc. Hopefully it passes soon!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have been getting nausea spells also. I read that ginger tea is comforting and can help. I thought it helped a little for me. It does have a strong flavor though, and it is caffeine free. I also have stocked up on peppermint candies and peppermint gum. That also seems to help. I'm new to this too, so I have been trying a few things that use to work for me in the past.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sea bands did wonders for me. Also having a little snack every couple hours. I also kept doggie bags (as in the poop kind) with me at all times....even had to use them when I was getting sick while stuck in traffic once O.o

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    I lived on Popsicles for the entire first tri with DS1. You can make smoothies with lots of fruits (and even veggies), then freeze them into popsicle molds to get more nutritional value. Other than that, the above suggestions are all I can think of. Hope you're feeling better soon!!
  • Options
    Sea bands, ginger ale, and jolly ranchers helped me.
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Options
    Mint tea, and I found my nausea was less intense if I never let myself get hungry. I would have lots of little snacks and that helped. Also, try to keep busy to keep your mind off it :)
  • Options
    I am right there with you, however this is my 2nd pregnancy, and as with my first I lived off of cereal and instant breakfasts, that is the only thing that settled on my stomach ok. I am also eating soup so that is it, but I feel gross already too! I'm kind of glad though, good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"